Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Nola is the king of naughty words. 
    I don’t know it to be a fact, but I have heard that he can invert his rectum at will. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,861
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Oh,  go on then..
    About 1m 50s in to the video.  I did warn you,  there are many words that you would not say within earshot of your mother.  Plus some stereotypes which, naturally, I frown upon.  (Honest) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZccnSyG2zWY&t=145s

If you have told me a fib and Nola puts some crazy hex on my charcoal - I will seek you.....
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Hoping to win this today

Keep us posted.  My money’s on you.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    **** **** piss ****!!
    edited November 2018
    Options
    SGH said:
    Botch said:
    Football Question I'm pondering:  why can a QB throw a ball out-of-bounds if he's running out of options, and its just a down, but if he throws it into the ground he gets penalized?  
    Here is the short version. Usually if a QB throws the ball into the ground it’s to avoid a sack or imminent loss of yards, thus denying a great defensive play. By throwing the ball out of bounds, it can be argued that the QB was trying to complete a pass but it was a bad throw. I know, that is kind of a lame argument, but it’s the current rule. I guess their point is by throwing it into the ground there is no claiming that you were trying to complete a pass. You were simply avoiding being sacked and losing yards. Unfortunately it’s up to the zebras discretion to call it when and how they want. 
    I don’t know if you watched the Chiefs game today, but they threw a flag and called intentional grounding for spiking the ball. They made the argument that it was grounding because the clock was not running. How stupid is that. If it’s grounding when the clock is not running, then it certainly should be grounding when the clock is running. 
    My point is simply that they have vague and ambiguous rules that they can use how and when they want. While today’s penalty didn’t really affect the outcome of the game, it certainly has many times in the past. Think of the so called Tuck rule for example. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bgebrent
    Options
    Here’s the pumpkin pizza - it was really pretty good!  I definitely recommend the Nduja on a pizza too.

Looks good John.  Njuda is good on shoe leather.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    @lkapigian. Awesome man!  Congrats.  Never had a doubt brother.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

@lkapigian  Congrats!  Way to bring it

Phoenix 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    no wonder the generator didn't start the other day...
    There's a phrase to describe that,  and if you're a fan of 'Snatch' (Brad Pitt / Lock Stock - not the car stealing Nichols Cage one),  its how they describe the hare as ending up if caught by the dog.    
    I would send you a link but it contains many naughty words.
    How 'bout just "Assault & battery"?  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Botch
    Options
    blasting said:
    Yup, mexican chorizo falls completely apart when cooked, like sand.  The only successful cook I've had with it was stuffing it underneath the skin of a chicken, then smoking (that was pretty good).  

@Botch You've been holding out on us!  That sounds like a great idea.  I will be trying this.

Pretty sure I posted it, but it was a loooong time ago, 5+ years I'm guessing.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• bgebrent
    Options
    Botch said:
    blasting said:
    Yup, mexican chorizo falls completely apart when cooked, like sand.  The only successful cook I've had with it was stuffing it underneath the skin of a chicken, then smoking (that was pretty good).  

@Botch You've been holding out on us!  That sounds like a great idea.  I will be trying this.

Pics or..... ;).  Chorizo under chicken skin I need to see.
  • SGH
    edited November 2018
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    bgebrent said:
    lkapigian said:
    Hoping to win this today

Thanks @bgebrent pulled it off ..

Congratulations ole buddy. It’s great to see one of the good guys win👍

Status- Standing by.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    bgebrent said:
    lkapigian said:
    Hoping to win this today

Congratulations and well-deserved.  No doubt a land-slide victory.  Well-done!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,861
    Options
    **** **** piss ****!!
    Quite so.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • SGH
    edited November 2018
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    If I may ask brother pigian, which one are you in the pic? Always good to put a face to forum friends. 

Status- Standing by.

• Botch
    edited November 2018
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Botch said:
    blasting said:

Pics or..... ;).  Chorizo under chicken skin I need to see.
    https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1154540/chorizo-stuffed-spatchcock-chicken-my-biggest-fail-yet

and: 

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1154811/experiment-2-chorizo-stuffed-chicken-breasts

Didn't have pics of the first cook, just the second (different technique); let me know if you can see the pics in the second link, I can with a watermark saying "Proudly hosted by Photobucket"; I don't use those filthy bastids anymore, and haven't paid their out-of-the-blue $400/year hosting fee.  

• NC_Egghead
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    bgebrent said:
    lkapigian said:
    Hoping to win this today

With all the great looking groceries you’ve been posting, I had no doubt! Way to go,
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SGH said:
    lkapigian said:
    If I may ask brother pigian, which one are you in the pic? Always good to put a face to forum friends. 
    He’s the one who won the big trophy buddy.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options
    SGH said:
    lkapigian said:
    The bald headed one holding the rat ...Dead Rat Saloon was the event
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Had one pop under my chest one day while adjusting the valves. I think I $h%& my pants.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Botch
    Options
    Had one pop under my chest one day while adjusting the valves. I think I $h%& my pants.
    Had one pop while I was doing maintenance, too.  Didn't wash my clothes right away and holes formed in both my shirt and pants.  Glad our eyes were spared!  

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options
    Next up 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    @lkapigian - You are playing with fire right there as you well know.  At least it's a small package should you feel the urge to eat the entire contents in one shot. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    @johnnyp and I have been doing some test runs on menu options for Dizzy Fest this year. 

Trial run tonight. Good, Bad, and Ugly. 

Bad and Ugly. Cooking grits start to finish in the Sous Vide. Woof. Reworking the recipe and gonna give it one more go. 

Good. Used @bgebrent ‘s rosemary garlic pork belly and chopped in cubes to make burnt ends. 

Little rub, some honey, butter and brown sugar. Then tossed in blackberry bbq sauce for the last few minutes. 

(Remade some sharp cheddar cheese grits with smoked sweet paprika real fast and...)

Damn Adam.  You’ve elevated the bacon recipe for sure brother!  Fantastic.