Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Nailed it again and that's no surprise.  I swear I pound the tenderloins I work with too thin so I end up with  much more of a jelly roll.  That cross-sectional shot displays one of your keys to success.  Thanks. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • NorthPilot06
    Options
    Softball yo! Another two day tournament. Weather perfect and my favorite park. 

Wow, awesome park indeed!  Looks like some great fall weather is in store for y’all!
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited November 2018
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Still house shopping. I am amazed at the housing market in Bloomington. I can get a home comparable to this for 300k 15-20 minutes down the road without the $7500/year property tax

F'in college town

Our exact house sells for $125k more than we paid for ours in a neighborhood 3 miles closer to town. We went house hunting the other day cause we would like to move closer to the town where we live. It’s getting that way everywhere not just college towns. Houses in this area are selling for about $100k more than they should be because we have azzholes moving here from California artificially inflating the housing market. They come here and get in bidding wars and all the sudden a house that was $275k a year ago now is going for $375k and still needs to be remodeled. They were living in LA in a 800sqft townhouse and they sold it for $800k. They come here and can get a 4500sqft house on an acre lot for $600k. 
    Wow, sucks when people that make more money than you make drive up prices. 

And from California!

So terribly "artificial".

( Insert something about living previously in a privileged place being something or another abhorrent here. )
    And you are supposed to be one of the geniuses on here? First off you have zero knowledge of how much money I make. I do just fine by the way. Second off yes it pisses me off that azzholes from California move here because they are trying to flee the sh!thole they created by electing bottom feeders. Third, Yes it’s artificial because of the scenario I stated above. They can come down here and get in a bidding war for a house that should sell for say $300k and they drive the price up to say $400k because they can spend it easily. Next thing you know the neighbor next door sees how much he can get for his house that’s the exact same size and then we are in the position we are in. Yes it’s the free market, and no I won’t apologize for doing well enough in life to not live in a sh!thole. Given the thread this is posted in I am not going to comment any more because I don’t want a pissing match to Buffalo this thread. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Not missing out on football. Another dad just stopped by and asked if it could possibly be too much........obviously not from around here. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    My son got his first driving award Thursday night.  Just like his momma....
  • lousubcap
    Options
    My son got his first driving award Thursday night.  Just like his momma....
    I'm guessing it was presented by a state official after he exited his vehicle of employment...?
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    A friendly sheriff’s deputy for 63 in a 45
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Ouch. $$

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Just got done vacuuming the dog. Helps with the shedding 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• GATraveller
    Options
    Just got done vacuuming the dog. Helps with the shedding 
    Used to do that to my golden. Would work wonders on my mini aussie but I think she'd stroke out if I tried. 

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Making a pumpkin pizza sauce:

It’s savory, not sweet.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    We went out to see They Shall Not Grow Old on the big screen today. If you don't know about this, it's WW1 film footage that has been colourised and has commentary from veterans spliced in and some voice dubbing where they could lip read off the soldiers. Highly recommended.  The screening was in Melton Mowbray, which is the home of the pork pie, so it was pork pie and stilton for lunch.

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

It’s savory, not sweet.
    Finally...a pizza sauce for the basic b!tch. Soon it will start wearing Ugg boots and a faux fur trimmed vest ranting about all the things it loves about fall.  ;)

Interested to see how this plays out. It has the potential to be a real panty dropper. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• lousubcap
    Options
    Ouch. $$
    Depending, the real ouch can be how the insurance company decides to deal with it. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

It’s savory, not sweet.
    Finally...a pizza sauce for the basic b!tch. Soon it will start wearing Ugg boots and a faux fur trimmed vest ranting about all the things it loves about fall.  ;)

Interested to see how this plays out. It has the potential to be a real panty dropper. 
    That sauce is the base.  Toppings will be fresh mozz, parm, some gorgonzola, Nduja, basil, and EVOO.  I'm excited about all of it.  First time trying the Nduja on a pie as well.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @lkapigian - bro!
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,343
    Options
    Next level sheet right there! Way to go @lkapigian
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• GATraveller
    Options
    I'd make myself so sick....@lkapigian

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    buffed the table saw deck and couldn't find my paste wax so used some car wax.
    edited November 2018
    Options
    buffed the table saw deck and couldn't find my paste wax so used some car wax.
    I bought a house when stationed up at Grand Forks AFB ND, and insulated the garage to build a woodshop (it was huge, even with two vehicles in it).  A forced-air kerosene heater could bring it up from -10º F to 70 in about 20 minutes, and I thought I was set.  
    Unfortunately, a huge chunk of cast iron does NOT warm up that quick, and in fact water vapor from the heater condenses on every metal surface, and begins rusting anything that isn't stainless steel.  I ended up doing most of my woodworking in the summer (mosquitoes were too thick to be outside then, anyway).  
    Lesson learned, my current woodshop is in the basement.  I sold that house in January 1996, and it was destroyed in the great flood that spring; dodged the bigger bullet, at least.  

EDIT:  duh, forgot my main point.  While the movers were packing boxes, I was out in the garage with an orbital sander, de-rusting the top of my table saw, and then waxing it.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

It’s savory, not sweet.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    1st ever swim meet.  Justin took it up this year as a junior.  Should be.... interesting.  I’ll give him this, they practice 6 days a week.  If they don’t for some reason, he works out dry land at home.  Most committed to any sport he’s ever been.  

Awesome !!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian