Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just closed on a new house...

Options
And I'm going to remodel the kitchen. This should be fun! Here are a couple before's. After's will be a while seeing as ink is still drying as I type this. We are going to create a pantry where there is currently a glass double door to a tv room and replace all the flooring downstairs. Kitchen is getting completely rethought outside of using the nice brick alcove for our new stove.

Already ordered a Bluestar 60" with double griddle and extra 25k btu burner to replace one of the 15k (for wok cooking)
XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    Very nice. You keeping the Chalet on the river? 
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Nice.  A lot of good space there.
    NOLA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    nice looking house. for me theres nothing more frustrating than buying a house, but all the weights lifted after signing
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    nice looking house. for me theres nothing more frustrating than buying a house, but all the weights lifted after signing
    @fishlessman - hard to believe that post given your track record with car buying  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Nice!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @fishlessman - hard to believe that post given your track record with car buying  =)
    after 2 or 3 weeks negotiating on my first house i told the realtor he had 2 more weeks to get it done.  i bought plane tickets and disappeared  for a while =) a week in grand bahamas and another in abaco. no idea if i pissed off the owners but they had some time to cool down and i just needed to get away. if it doesnt happen its just not meant to be
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    So this will be you place in town?  =)
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    That is beautiful !

#notpostingpicturesofmyhouse  =)
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Definitely not giving up my place on the river. Going to VRBO it and use it for event rentals. 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    Options
    Awesome!  Can't wait to see the remodel!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,732
    Options
    Very nice!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Been out shopping for appliances this morning... You know there is a fridge that cost $18k just sitting on a showroom in Gulfport, MS.... Makes me feel better about my smoker cost.
  • 55Kevy
    55Kevy Posts: 235
    Options
    You'll love the Bluestar. We bought the platinum (IIRC) model where you can convert any pair of burners to either griddle or grill.  Wokking is heavenly on it.

Kevin

Beautiful Santa Ynez Valley, CA
    XL BGE, Woo2, AR

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Definitely not giving up my place on the river. Going to VRBO it and use it for event rentals. 
    Can I live there, take care of it and coordinate events? Sounds like a perfect retirement job to me.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Can I live there, take care of it and coordinate events? Sounds like a perfect retirement job to me.
    Ship of Fools River Tours!!!!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Ship of Fools River Tours!!!!
    This is probably more accurate. 

• EggObsessed
    Options
    That is gorgeous!  Congratulations!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    Just out of curiosity and comparison of what cost compared to where it is located, may  I ask what you agree upon for the final price. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Grillin_beers
    Options
    We are in the middle of building a house and the kitchen design is the best part.  I’m sure you’ll have a lot of fun! 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • NC_Egghead
    Options
    Nice find! Have fun with the remodel. :) 
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Congrats Scott.  Kitchen remodel will be worthy.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    Congratulations it’s beautiful, have fun making it your own. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Wow! Looks like our home.....we have a driveway too, and windows!!!
    Beautiful home, we are happy for you. I hope you enjoy it for many years to come.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Congrats on the new house!
    LBGE
    AL
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    Soooo jealous, Congrats!

Will be researching your wok equipment, I'd love to have something like that.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• smokegetsinyoureyes
    Options
    Very nice!  That Blue Star will look great in the brick alcove.  
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    And I'm going to remodel the kitchen. This should be fun! Here are a couple before's. After's will be a while seeing as ink is still drying as I type this. We are going to create a pantry where there is currently a glass double door to a tv room and replace all the flooring downstairs. Kitchen is getting completely rethought outside of using the nice brick alcove for our new stove.

Already ordered a Bluestar 60" with double griddle and extra 25k btu burner to replace one of the 15k (for wok cooking)
    awesome place! Congrats. You had better triple seal that beautiful brick if you are going to do any wok cooking inside. The oil aerosolizes (is that even a word?) and gets everywhere. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Nice Scott!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Congratulations. The new range sounds awesome. can't wait to hook on it when we have slumber parties. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

awesome place! Congrats. You had better triple seal that beautiful brick if you are going to do any wok cooking inside. The oil aerosolizes (is that even a word?) and gets everywhere. 
     Sound advice re: sealing the brick.

You may have already considered this, but if wok cooking is your thing, then also look for a high flow hood for the range,  that vents outside. May need to have an 8" duct to the outside vs. the standard 6".

And congrats on the new pad!! When will the signature Thatgrimguy patio be added on? :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.