Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Save The Date: Butt Blast 2019

Options

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    do they allow paddle boat racing?
    We will teach you at Butt Blast how not to ask if something is allowed before doing said thing.  

”Can I hide Ashish’s chocolate pot from him?”

You get the idea.  I’m sure there are more.
    Oh sh!t @JohnInCarolina I totally forgot about that. 

That drunk SOB was digging around in the dark like a rapid chipmunk looking for that thing. Good times. 
    Do that again, and I swear I’LL CUT YOU!!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    so a no holds barred ,gird you loins kinda throw down?
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Happy Monday!  The website for the event is updated:

http://burningloin.blogspot.com/

Links to tickets are up as well.  Please register as a taster or as a cook ASAP!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Happy Monday!  The website for the event is updated:

http://burningloin.blogspot.com/

Links to tickets are up as well.  Please register as a taster or as a cook ASAP!
    Done.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Registered. Got the tickets
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    We will teach you at Butt Blast how not to ask if something is allowed before doing said thing.  
    Ahhh....o learned one. I anxiously await the wisdom you speak of.
    Words that no Butt Blaster has ever spoken:

”Are bourbon slushies allowed at the park?”

”Can we throw an entire jug of used cooking oil onto that fire?”

”Is it OK if I put a plate of crawfish under Adam’s seat?”

”John can I use your pizza peel to stir my pot of crawfish?”

”Are condoms required in the petting zoo?”

I don't recall @nolaegghead asking permission to use your peel. I seem to recall you noticing and saying "WTF?"
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    edited October 2018
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    thetrim said:
    @lousubcap if that actually happens, as unlikely as it is, then I am doing the sponsoring.  My only hope, and that of many others on here, would be that you'll be there to enjoy it with us!
    Hope you can join in Frank. Maybe @CTMike will join us again?  I’m also trying to talk a former ELT that I work with to head down for the event. The guy bought an egg last spring and we talk shop a lot. 

As much as I would like to, unfortunately we will not be able to make it this year. We are in the middle of a refueling outage at Unit 2 right now which kept me from attending BC, and we have another in April at Unit 3 which will prevent me from attending BB.

I do recall @dmw saying that he would bring his PRC72 to cook another pig if y'all want to go that route, but someone will have to be in hot standby to take over when he passes out drunk again.

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    CTMike said:
    johnnyp said:
    thetrim said:
    @lousubcap if that actually happens, as unlikely as it is, then I am doing the sponsoring.  My only hope, and that of many others on here, would be that you'll be there to enjoy it with us!
    Hope you can join in Frank. Maybe @CTMike will join us again?  I’m also trying to talk a former ELT that I work with to head down for the event. The guy bought an egg last spring and we talk shop a lot. 

As much as I would like to, unfortunately we will not be able to make it this year. We are in the middle of a refueling outage at Unit 2 right now which kept me from attending BC, and we have another in April at Unit 3 which will prevent me from attending BB.

I do recall @dmw saying that he would bring his PRC72 to cook another pig if y'all want to go that route, but someone will have to be in hot standby to take over when he passes out drunk again.

We have that drill perfected now.....

Be missing you Mike. You made it awesome.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Ahhh....o learned one. I anxiously await the wisdom you speak of.
    Words that no Butt Blaster has ever spoken:

”Are bourbon slushies allowed at the park?”

”Can we throw an entire jug of used cooking oil onto that fire?”

”Is it OK if I put a plate of crawfish under Adam’s seat?”

”John can I use your pizza peel to stir my pot of crawfish?”

”Are condoms required in the petting zoo?”

I don't recall @nolaegghead asking permission to use your peel. I seem to recall you noticing and saying "WTF?"
    You're right, Mike - that's the joke.

Sorry you won't be able to make it this year buddy.  You'll be sorely missed!
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    caliking said:
    Booked #25. Neighbors with @Jupiter Jim and  @jeremiah again. 

For folks on the fence about bringing their kids - bring 'em!! caliprince was carted to his first eggfest (Salado '14) when he was 2 mo. Dan Nicholas Park has some fun things for kids, so they will have a great weekend too. 

And they will be safe. I have found that eggheads have eagle eyes watching over each others' kids at these sort of things. Many a time, someone has offered to keep tabs on caliprince running around while I cook. He about wore @piney out last time :)
    I loved every minute of the time I spent with Caliprince!
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Registered ... looking forward to this again.. 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    CTMike said:
    johnnyp said:
    thetrim said:

I would crack a Navy joke...but I’m just too sad. 

Guess we we will be ordering Dominos. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    CTMike said:
    johnnyp said:
    thetrim said:

Mike just turn the Big Red Knob over to Auto Pilot and come on down to BB19 they will never know you were gone! Really Appreciate all you did last year and if ya can't get Auto Pilot working we will for sure miss ya. 

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    CTMike said:
    johnnyp said:
    thetrim said:

Mike just turn the Big Red Knob over to Auto Pilot and come on down to BB19 they will never know you were gone! Really Appreciate all you did last year and if ya can't get Auto Pilot working we will for sure miss ya. 
    Agreed!  I’ll bring the DO this year if that helps.  We need to fatten you up son.  Wish you could get down.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Dang @ctmike.   Hope you don’t mind if we still try to guilt out @bgebrent to bring the Weller 12 w him!   

We’re gonna miss you!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bgebrent
    Options
    piney said:
    caliking said:
    Booked #25. Neighbors with @Jupiter Jim and  @jeremiah again. 

For folks on the fence about bringing their kids - bring 'em!! caliprince was carted to his first eggfest (Salado '14) when he was 2 mo. Dan Nicholas Park has some fun things for kids, so they will have a great weekend too. 

And they will be safe. I have found that eggheads have eagle eyes watching over each others' kids at these sort of things. Many a time, someone has offered to keep tabs on caliprince running around while I cook. He about wore @piney out last time :)
    As I recall you really didn’t spend as much time “with” Caliprince as chasing him. I seem to recall he was always 10 - 15 yds ahead of you. But I’m old and my memory is suspect these days. 😊
    Your memory is spot on.
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    As I /we will be cooking, Cindy is a certifiable kid magnet .  Bar none!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    Good, I'll be looking for on site daycare!  I might need a nap at some point.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • bucky925
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    There is nothing more that would make her day..."your kid not you"  rofl

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I might show up...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bucky925
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    sorry @tarheelmatt you would be put in timeout before the first speckle was off @DMW's black stone. 

• CTMike
    Options
    DMW said:
    I might show up...
    And you MIGHT get drunk and have the following conversation:

DMW: “I need to get my ringhoff”

NOLA: “What’s a ringhoff?”

(Those two lines were repeated numerous times until)

DMW: “I need to get my ring off otherwise my hand swells up while I sleep.”

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    CTMike said:
    DMW said:
    I might show up...

I'm laughing, because my I just took my ring off.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Dwayne will be there.  Speaking for him.  Whole hog round 2.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    And I promise a robust, family friendly petting zoo.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    piney said:
    As I recall you really didn’t spend as much time “with” Caliprince as chasing him. I seem to recall he was always 10 - 15 yds ahead of you. But I’m old and my memory is suspect these days. 😊
    Caliprince definitely had a good time . I remember him giggling and laughing a good deal with @piney while they were horsing around.

Funny thing is, caliprince doesn't know folks' names- he knows them by their forum handle. And has co-opted some of them as his own friends , instead of mine!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    DMW said:
    CTMike said:
    DMW said:
    I might show up...

I'm laughing, because my I just took my ring off.
    There's so much going on here I don't know where to start....  =)=)=)
    CTMike said:
    DMW said:
    I might show up...

Dwayne likes to take his ringhoff for when Taylor Swift makes an appearance.  I think that field next to the shelter is big enough for her to land her chopper at.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,571
    Options
    I am in for sure... Note to self... Slow down with the day drinking!!!!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....