Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Sorry to hear, Trim
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Sweet taters on and a nice hue coming from the lower vent. Cheers!
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    thetrim said:
    thetrim said:

Not good.  I'm taking her in tonight at 1845.  
    Heartbroken.
    I've been there twice with the best grilling buddy's I've ever had.  I know where you are at.  My only condolences are if there is ever a after life I want to come back as my dog. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Apparently, I have a roof leak.

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Legume said:
    Apparently, I have a roof leak.

Oh crap! No Bueno. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • bucky925
    Finally cooled off enought to do some soup.  My Dad's recipe  but made on the egg, with apple wood smoke. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    No pics but I just had an audible called to what was (key word) an early Sat AM event.  So, I have filed the flight plan, fueling requirements and am now going to enjoy a LEO ride.  See ya on the other side.  FWIW-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    bucky925 said:
    Finally cooled off enought to do some soup.  My Dad's recipe  but made on the egg, with apple wood smoke. 
    Bucky, I'm anxious to hear how well soup picks up smoke flavor; I've never tried it.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    @botch I do chili on the egg occasionally and, I'm here to tell ya, it picks up the smoke beautifully.  Though I'm intrigued by the giant meatball technique for chili.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Botch
    I've done chili too, and yes it picks up the smoke.  
    Just didn't know if soup, with an H2O level surface with high surface tension, did the same.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• bucky925
    Botch said:
    bucky925 said:
    Bucky, I'm anxious to hear how well soup picks up smoke flavor; I've never tried it.  
    Actually more than I thought.  My wife really likes our cooks on the egg, but doesn't care for any added smoke.  I worked in some apple chips and she picked up on that first bite.  I too tasted it, I really didn't think the stew/soup would pick up that much smoke but it did. So I would suggest add to your taste.  

• Botch
    Thanks Bucky!  

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    The more you stir the more smoke flavor. 
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Just got home from CE. Alot of good lecture series this session. Auburn brought out all the stops for the 125th anniversary of the vet school.

Aubie got a clean bill of health to go help whoop some arse tomorrow 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    @thetrim
    Hang in there brother. 
    Our best to you. Always.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Botch
    DuckDogDr said:
    Just got home from CE. Alot of good lecture series this session. Auburn brought out all the stops for the 125th anniversary of the vet school.

Aubie got a clean bill of health to go help whoop some arse tomorrow 
    You look a bit like Blake Shelton.

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Just made a bacon cheese omelet on the Blackstone. Put some Texas Pete on it 

Forgot pictures

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Tis the Season....now till July. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    @Botch =):o i think that's the best compliment I've ever received
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    thetrim said:
    thetrim said:

Not good.  I'm taking her in tonight at 1845.  
    Heartbroken.
    Sucks
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Just installed a new light by the garage side door. Had to run a circuit and rough in a box. Not fun 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Waiting in the baggage line at the Ben Gurion airport.  Start of long trip home.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    The sound of shingles being hammered in above my head is strangely satisfying.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Waiting in the baggage line at the Ben Gurion airport.  Start of long trip home.
    Safe travels sir