Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Just replaced 40 fluorescent tubes with LED replacements.   Old on right
    @nolaegghead, you’ll wonder why you didn’t do that sooner. I did the same thing to our 3 stores. Had 2x4 fluorescent panels and swapped out the 2 old ballasts for 1 new electronic ballast, plus the new, thinner bulbs. Probably did about 50 fixtures in all. My power bill is now half to run the lights, no dark areas, and I haven’t replaced a bulb in 3 years!
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    i'm going to save about 700 watts with all the lights running, down to 550 ish.  Plus I save on the AC.  much brighter and more like daylight.  Cost me about $250.  
    Options
    made creme fraiche 
    Options
    made creme fraiche 
    You’re a fresh guy.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    i'm going to save about 700 watts with all the lights running, down to 550 ish.  Plus I save on the AC.  much brighter and more like daylight.  Cost me about $250.  
    You mean eco friendly can also be a good economic choice?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,137
    edited October 2018
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Awaiting some blood tests on the pup.  This will (should) tell the story.  She's still not eating, drinking very little. Very lethargic.  Shoving antibiotics down her throat is not a fun activity.
    I feel for you.  My 18month old had a biopsy today.  Now wait a week for results.

Btw, I pull my dogs mouth open, put the pill as far back as I can, then gently pull mouth closed from the bottom so her nose is straight up.  I rub her neck to make her swallow.  It has worked on all my dogs.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Awaiting some blood tests on the pup.  This will (should) tell the story.  She's still not eating, drinking very little. Very lethargic.  Shoving antibiotics down her throat is not a fun activity.
    I feel for you.  My 18month old had a biopsy today.  Now wait a week for results.

Btw, I pull my dogs mouth open, put the pill as far back as I can, then gently pull mouth closed from the bottom so her nose is straight up.  I rub her neck to make her swallow.  It has worked on all my dogs.
    Did similar with my kids, and dogs. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Turning in, have a flight in the morning.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    DMW said:
    Tell Tay-Tay, T-swizzle, AKA Taylor Swift I said "Heyyyy"
    Options
    DMW said:
    Private is the only way.  Nice to have a hook up
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 2018
    Options
    DMW said:
    Private is the only way.  Nice to have a hook up
    Best things: no poor people around, no security theater, and plane waits for you.

First time I read D-Wizzles post, I read: "Turning in, I have a flesh-light"
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    @thetrim feel free to PM me with your pup's info.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    made creme fraiche 
    Do you shave with it?
  • NC_Egghead
    Options
    Kimbrel is killin’ me. 
    Charlotte, NC

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Wow.  Stros got hosed.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    Great game.  Can’t believe I made it until the end. Looks like the Sox r headed to the Series.. 
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • NC_Egghead
    Options
    Benintendi is the man. Wow!
    Charlotte, NC

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Just replaced 40 fluorescent tubes with LED replacements.   Old on right
    Did the same in my shop. Been building it out along with the new addition. LED lights are the ticket. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    44.2lbs of pork. Been on the heat for an hour and a half. Added chunks of cherry.
    Ran all night hit 200 about 4:30 am. FTC for 2hrs . Turned out really nice, flavor on point. Shout out to @fishlessman , @gatraveler, @theyolksonyou,@Dyal_SC, and @milesvdustin for the good advice. Will post pics later on.    
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,495
    Options
    thetrim said:

My job description, in a simple meme!!  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,495
    Options
    @nolaegghead, you’ll wonder why you didn’t do that sooner. I swapped out the 2 old ballasts for 1 new electronic ballast, plus the new, thinner bulbs. 
    Is changing the ballast required?  I didn't do that when I swapped out my kitchen lights, everything seems to be fine...  :s

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• NC_Egghead
    Options
    Botch said:
    @nolaegghead, you’ll wonder why you didn’t do that sooner. I swapped out the 2 old ballasts for 1 new electronic ballast, plus the new, thinner bulbs. 
    Is changing the ballast required?  I didn't do that when I swapped out my kitchen lights, everything seems to be fine...  :s
    I was dealing with some pretty old fixtures. Some didn’t work at all, some of the ballasts were leaking. As you probably know, a good way to kill a fluorescent fixture is to keep it powered on with burned out bulbs, which was probably the case with many of these in the past. The bulbs I replaced with are not LED but designed to work with the new electronic ballasts. In fact, I believe the folks at Light Bulb Depot told me the old T-whatever’s I was using were going out of production. 
    Charlotte, NC

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    we swapped out from the big 400 metal halides about 4 years back. was happy for 3 years but they just dont throw the light as well as they first did.  my shop gets tested with a light meter every few years, now to get the proper lighting for certain jobs i have to add a flashlight for inspection and now the flashlights get inspected for candle power and distance from source. they did pay for themselves in two years though.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • thetrim
    Options
    Thank you @DuckDogDr PM sent
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Made a rice bowl for my new high-carb lifestyle diet. 

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Airport shift. Again. I really had to talk myself out of retirement, again this morning.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,867
    Options
    Botch said:
    thetrim said:

My job description, in a simple meme!!  
    You punch skinny blokes in crown jewels for money?  
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    Sitting in the worlds greatest airport 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,413
    Options
    @theyolksonyou - We can all debate "the world's greatest airport" but it sure can effectively move volumes of passengers.  Makes many others pale in comparison.  
    Safe travels.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.