Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    You mean the correct call on the fan interference? Astros as a team movede on from that because they’re a classy organization...
     They moved on because they have no choice.  MLB cannot correct it now.

If I remember correctly, the call was reviewed by MLB to make sure the right call was made. Nothing there to correct.

Doesn't mean I can't point out a bad call that impacted the entire series.

Game 4, does not, an entire series make.
    Stros will be back, they’re built for success. 
    3-1 vs. 2-2 is a huge difference, plus makes game 6 at home.

Granted, Sox out played them and I think they deserved the win, but West did make it easier for them.
    Not having Altuve (sorry for the butchered spelling) on defense was also a factor.
    I will agree, the Astros got hosed on several calls, but that did not cost them the series.
    Standing called strikeouts, uncharacteristic poor pitching and fielding, beat them.
    The Red Sox deserve the credit. They took advantage of what was presented to them and beat a great team 4 out of 5. To me, my friends, is domination.
    I think they may be alright in the WS.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    My Jeep was rusted as could be ~7 years in.  I was happy to get $10K for the trade-in. I love the concept of a Jeep, but I’ll never buy a Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge again. 
    It is not just limited to jeeps. The pickup trucks are rust buckets as well. 
    My 21 year old Ford has less rust on it than most 3-5 year old Fiat-Chysler pick ups.

@NC_Egghead
    Rhino line the entire vehicle, it will not matter. The metal they use is of such poor quality, the oxidization begins as soon as the are stamped out.

Another problem they have is galvanic corrosion, which has always been a huge issue.

I have owned jeeps since I was a kid. Except for the Military rebuild, all rusted no matter what steps you take.

Yet, I kept buying them, because of exactly what @Ozzie_Isaac has presented: Freedom to try and go anywhere. 

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited October 2018
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @NC_Egghead - I have no clue about what a JKU is but if it is an automobile or close to it, I have never had any door hinge issues including one bought second-hand that gave up the ghost at 33+ years and one now rolling with 17+ years.  =)
    BTW- my fridges can get 20 years out of a set of hinge pins.  =)  FWIW-

@lousubcap  Don't feel bad Lou, been in the car business for way too many years and one of my buddy's runs a Jeep store. I still had to look it up.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    My Jeep was rusted as could be ~7 years in.  I was happy to get $10K for the trade-in. I love the concept of a Jeep, but I’ll never buy a Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge again. 
    If I were to buy a new one, I would get the undercarriage Rhino-lined. It’s not bullet proof but better than most other options to prevent rust. 
    I heard Jerry lundergaard can get you a great deal on that undercarriage protective coating.   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • NC_Egghead
    Options
    I see where Steve McQueen’s fully restored 1945 Willy’s Jeep is going on the auction block. If I win the lottery, it would have a place in my collection.  B)
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Right now, I’m still a Brewers fan.  I could be a game away from being a Red Sox fan.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Sitting in the waiting room. My Beautiful Wife is getting some work done on a tooth. It is going to be a rough one for her. She will be in pain for a few days.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    just glad the redsox bullpen figured it out post season
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • YukonRon
    Options
    just glad the redsox bullpen figured it out post season
    They looked awesome against a great team.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Sitting in the waiting room. My Beautiful Wife is getting some work done on a tooth. It is going to be a rough one for her. She will be in pain for a few days.
    Ha to Suzy.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Laying in a hospital bed waiting to be released. Had a pulmonary vein oblation on Wednesday to correct A Fib. Successful. Yesterday morning when I got out of bed to pee I had the vein in the left groin let loose. Young 25 year old nurse got me in the bed right away and applied amazingly strong pressure for a solid 45 minutes. Thus I’m still here. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,192
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    Laying in a hospital bed waiting to be released. Had a pulmonary vein oblation on Wednesday to correct A Fib. Successful. Yesterday morning when I got out of bed to pee I had the vein in the left groin let loose. Young 25 year old nurse got me in the bed right away and applied amazingly strong pressure for a solid 45 minutes. Thus I’m still here. 
    Dang man. That’s scary. Prayers for continued recovery. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    lousubcap said:
    @NC_Egghead - I have no clue about what a JKU is but if it is an automobile or close to it, I have never had any door hinge issues including one bought second-hand that gave up the ghost at 33+ years and one now rolling with 17+ years.  =)
    BTW- my fridges can get 20 years out of a set of hinge pins.  =)  FWIW-

It’s the 2011-18 Jeep Wrangler 4 doors. My wife owns one of those POS too. 
     Haha! Yeah the price/comfort ratio is definitely out of whack.  However they hold their value better than any modern car. (ignoring super/hyper cars like Ford GT, etc)

Toyota FJ holds its value better than any vehicle. Just sayin'.  =)

Edited: not on the list anymore since they quit production in 2014.  Although, I can sell my 2010 for a few thousand less than I paid new in 2009.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • thetrim
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    So glad you're ok and on the mend.  Nurses are amazing people, and I am so happy you had one at the right place and the right time.
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    thetrim said:

Not good.  I'm taking her in tonight at 1845.  
    Heartbroken.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    This place is a perfect distraction in times of grief.

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    Wow!  Glad your ok. 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    So sorry trim.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    thetrim said:
    thetrim said:

Not good.  I'm taking her in tonight at 1845.  
    Heartbroken.
    So sorry buddy.  Makes me terribly sad for you and the family.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Thank you all. 

Remember Trim, you’re dog was as lucky to have you as you were to have her. 
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    @thetrim - one of the hardest decisions we ever had to make.  It is the part of being owned by a furry creature that you know is coming when you bring them into the home, but the future shows up just too soon. Sorry you and the family are going thru this.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Sorry to hear about this Trim
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    Time for a ferry ride 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    @thetrim - I am so sorry to read about this.  Unconditional love for sure.  Rainbow bridge awaits.
    Da-n!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    @thetrim , hang in there man... so sorry
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    Made some wings for lunch. I’m pleased with the color on them. 50 minutes at 400 raised direct with 3 Rockwood hickory chunkettes using the medium. 

I just had lunch and that made me hungry again.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    Made some wings for lunch. I’m pleased with the color on them. 50 minutes at 400 raised direct with 3 Rockwood hickory chunkettes using the medium. 

Looks like all flats (my favorite) right there.  Great treat, for sure.  Nice cook.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Looks like all flats (my favorite) right there.  Great treat, for sure.  Nice cook.  
    It was a mix. I pulled the flats and smaller drummies a couple minutes early. Thanks for the kind words. The wife was killing these with Alabama white sauce. 
  • NC_Egghead
    Options
    Sorry to hear Trim. 
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle