Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Options
    Waiting in the baggage line at the Ben Gurion airport.  Start of long trip home.
    Flying direct to MSY, no?
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Taco camp at softball tournament.....

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Waiting in the baggage line at the Ben Gurion airport.  Start of long trip home.
    Flying direct to MSY, no?
    LOL I wish.  Although I’d probably be a basket case on arrival.  Which is about how I typically feel on the Sunday after BC, so maybe it’s not such a bad call.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Trying to reseason a Blackstone in the field (took it camping).  Put some eggs on and seasoning popped.  After scrapping as best I could with a spatula, now sacrificing tomorrows breakfast bacon to salvage the BS for a fried rice cook tonight.   What a headache. 
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Trying to reseason a Blackstone in the field (took it camping).  Put some eggs on and seasoning popped.  After scrapping as best I could with a spatula, now sacrificing tomorrows breakfast bacon to salvage the BS for a fried rice cook tonight.   What a headache. 
    Get you a camp chef and ditch the BS. If you are an avid outdoorsman they have all kinds of products that are versatile and geared towards that lifestyle. Lots of products with add ons etc. good luck. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,363
    Options
    Rib day 
    Las Vegas, NV

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Watching Tennessee mount a tremendous comeback against Alabama.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,192
    Options
    Nice work JP 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Osso buco is one of this world greatest discoveries!  Yours looks great!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    @GATraveller - are you sure you aren't looking toward Brisket Camp with that shot??  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Options
    Watching Purdue...beating Ohio State?!
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Flipping some wings 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @WeberWho - I use a few of those same stand-alone thermos in my mini stick-burner as well.  I have a good sense of how the temperatures vary across the chamber but it's always good to know the actual.  
    Enjoy those wangs!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Beef Ribs with Mickey’s Rub. Outstanding is an understatement. 

You went in with some incredibly marbled ribs-and out pops a great banquet.  Congrats on the cook. That is pure beef/protein goodness right there.
    Rib source if you are willing to share?
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,192
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Beef Ribs with Mickey’s Rub. Outstanding is an understatement. 

You went in with some incredibly marbled ribs-and out pops a great banquet.  Congrats on the cook. That is pure beef/protein goodness right there.
    Rib source if you are willing to share?

My trusty local butcher. 
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Purdue over Ohio St??  Cougs over Oregon?  good fun!
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Saturday was the day that kept on giving.  Wife and daughter are in Tejas for a wedding.  I'm living the bachelor life until Tuesday.

Michigan beats lil' brother, FC Cincinnati wins their round 1 playoff in PK's, Purdue whoops dat ohio state ass!

Sunday, the bar has been set pretty high!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @WeberWho - I use a few of those same stand-alone thermos in my mini stick-burner as well.  I have a good sense of how the temperatures vary across the chamber but it's always good to know the actual.  
    Enjoy those wangs!
    Since making the block plate it's nice to glance to get an idea where the temps are at. Some cheap easy insurance. Not much of a cook. I trailered it back from my parents place last night. It's been up there since working on it earlier this summer. Just needed something to throw in there for an excuse to fire it up once home 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Saturday was the day that kept on giving.  Wife and daughter are in Tejas for a wedding.  I'm living the bachelor life until Tuesday.

Michigan beats lil' brother, FC Cincinnati wins their round 1 playoff in PK's, Purdue whoops dat ohio state ass!

Sunday, the bar has been set pretty high!
    When my wife and kids leave town I turn into Al Bundy. I do absolutely nothing and it's all I hoped it'll be. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,350
    Options
    Trying to organize this mess and make room for the truck. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Any of y’all know what kind of tree this is? Cleaning brush in the yard, would be of use for campfire wood. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Any of y’all know what kind of tree this is? Cleaning brush in the yard, would be of use for campfire wood. 
    White Birch. It's fine for a camp fire. You could smoke fish with it as well.
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Looking at water filter systems. My well is still sucking ass. Iron and rotten egg smell like whoa. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Thanks @milesvdustin
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC.