Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Dyal_SC said:
    thetrim said:
    Had an interesting experience at my son’s soccer match on Sunday.  

The goalkeeper for the team they were playing told one of our kids, “touch me again, and I’ll murder your family.”    The ref only gave him a yellow card then went and told his coach what he said in an attempt to have the coach take him out. (That’s my interpretation).  

SMDH. 

Their goalie made a diving play on the ball and the kid from our team was coming at the ball at the same time.  You couldn’t even tell that the kid from our team made any contact w the goalie whatsoever.  
    Ah hail nah... That kid’s parents been talked with yet?  
    That would have been a LEO conversation.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,320
    thetrim said:
    Had an interesting experience at my son’s soccer match on Sunday.  

The goalkeeper for the team they were playing told one of our kids, “touch me again, and I’ll murder your family.”    The ref only gave him a yellow card then went and told his coach what he said in an attempt to have the coach take him out. (That’s my interpretation).  

SMDH. 

Their goalie made a diving play on the ball and the kid from our team was coming at the ball at the same time.  You couldn’t even tell that the kid from our team made any contact w the goalie whatsoever.  
    @thetrim- The response is totally out of line.  I would ask the age group as it has to be up there.  Good luck with any resolution.
    I have accumulated many thousands of miles with traveling soccer teams (both sons played - one of which did very well- and I was the team queen for one for a few years) and never heard anything like that but the last of it was 2009. 
    Probably my great achievement was convincing my goalkeeper son to wear a cup at the beginning of his career.  After his first jewel centered encounter I became a true hero.  Cleat marks to prove it  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,354
    Watching the newer Joe Rogan special in bed with a glass of whiskey.  I am a fan. Especially while drinking. 
    I listen to his podcast quite often. He's entertaining and as level headed as they come from Hollywood. 
    Love his podcasts, usually filter through the MMA and stand- up guests as I don't usually enjoy them as much. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• I have been trying to like Joe Rogan podcast but after listening to Stern for years nobody else comes close. I will elaborate Stern could interview someone I couldn’t careless about or someone I’ve never heard of and 5 minutes in I can’t touch the dial.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited October 2018
    Drove to Columbus, OH for a dinner meeting. Had drinks. Have meetings tomorrow morning. Going to bed. Might troll. 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    I have been trying to like Joe Rogan podcast but after listening to Stern for years nobody else comes close. I will elaborate Stern could interview someone I couldn’t careless about or someone I’ve never heard of and 5 minutes in I can’t touch the dial.

Huge Stern fan in the 90’s but let’s be honest, he has sucked for a long, long time now. 

Joe’s podcast isn’t really comparable. It’s just causal conversations with people you may or may not find interesting. There’s no stupid prank call segments that you stopped finding funny past the age of 15. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Still working hard. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SonVolt said:
    I have been trying to like Joe Rogan podcast but after listening to Stern for years nobody else comes close. I will elaborate Stern could interview someone I couldn’t careless about or someone I’ve never heard of and 5 minutes in I can’t touch the dial.

Huge Stern fan in the 90’s but let’s be honest, he has sucked for a long, long time now. 

Joe’s podcast isn’t really comparable. It’s just causal conversations with people you may or may not find interesting. There’s no stupid prank call segments that you stopped finding funny past the age of 15. 
      I quit listening to Stern about 5 years ago, I think he is a great interviewer but I tend to agree with your statement, I don’t mind the prank phone calls, I think what turns me off is the whack pack, I never really understood poking fun and those people. 
     The best is when he berates incompetent employee or staff.  
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DMW said:
    Drove to Columbus, OH for a dinner meeting. Had drinks. Have meetings tomorrow morning. Going to bed. Might troll. 
     Welcome! I would let you come cook us dinner on the egg but aslong as the sun is shining I will be in the fields! Enjoy Ohio 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Dyal_SC said:

Played with the CI aebelskiver skillet last night. Still haven’t made aebelskivers with it. Lol. Homemade bread dough, jalapeños, pulled pork and mustard based bbq sauce. Pretty good. 
    Nice
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Just reading through some posts I made the last few days.  Last Friday we were moving a bookcase and I tripped and landed on my right shoulder.  I know something had torn loose the minute I hit the ground.  No I didn't go have X-rays I figured I'd take it easy and it would work itself out.  Well Cindy was fustrated because I wouldn't go to the Dr. and wouldn't stop complaining sooo...She fed me some of her muscle relaxers.  I must admit I have no memory of posting ANYTHING.  In fact I lost the better part of 3 days.  I didn't read all my musings but enough.  Oh gawd, now I'm going to have to look at my email history.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• frazzdaddy
    Sitting in ICU at Duke. Sis suffered a subdural hematoma today. 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Sorry to hear about that with your sister. Prayers sent your way. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,050
    Prayers, @frazzdaddy
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,168
    Prayers and good vibes headed your way @frazzdaddy
  • Hang in there we are thinking about you and your family @frazzdaddy
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Thoughts and prayers for your family and sister @frazzdaddy.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    @frazzdaddy
    Hoping the best for your sister. Be strong my friend.
    Our thoughts are with you.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,320
    @frazzdaddy Da-n.  Be strong for the family as that role is one that needs to be taken up in these sorts of times.  All the very best to your family as you address this challenge.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • northGAcock
    Good vibes and prayers sent your way. 

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,357
    Sorry man, any update? Thinking about your fam
    Jacksonville FL
  • frazzdaddy
    Hey guys, thank you so much. They have her stabilized, the seizures have stopped. Trying to rule out infection so they can operate..
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Sorry to hear @frazzdaddy .  Sending positive vibes your family's way.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• northGAcock
    YEMTrey said:
    Just got home from my daughters National Honor Society Induction Ceremony. 

Very proud father and husband.  It was all my wife's doing.  My daughter has definitely overcome the effect of my gene's!
    Proud....as you should be. Congrats to your daughter and her parents.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

@frazzdaddy Scary stuff for sure.  All the very best to your sis and family.

Phoenix 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    @blasting how’s the baby girl?
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    @nolaegghead nice garnish
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA