Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    So far 1.5 hrs into a meeting about customer surveys. I’d rather be in an airport. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,194
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    So far 1.5 hrs into a meeting about customer surveys. I’d rather be in an airport. 
    I don’t miss that one bit. 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Playing the role of the pivot man... trying to figure out to make a Telerik grid pivot on a dynamic set of columns and still be editable. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • NC_Egghead
    Options
    Just finished replacing the door hinge sleeves on my JKU. One of those PITA jobs. Had to use a jack to get the doors off. Worth it though; one of the doors was very stiff opening and closing. It’s much better now. Maybe in the future when I want to take the doors off, they’ll come off easily. Best part of the kit is the punch they supply to drive the old inserts out. I don’t know how you would do it without it. 

Old inserts on top, new on the bottom:

Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,413
    Options
    @NC_Egghead - I have no clue about what a JKU is but if it is an automobile or close to it, I have never had any door hinge issues including one bought second-hand that gave up the ghost at 33+ years and one now rolling with 17+ years.  =)
    BTW- my fridges can get 20 years out of a set of hinge pins.  =)  FWIW-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @NC_Egghead - I have no clue about what a JKU is but if it is an automobile or close to it, I have never had any door hinge issues including one bought second-hand that gave up the ghost at 33+ years and one now rolling with 17+ years.  =)

It’s the 2011-18 Jeep Wrangler 4 doors. My wife owns one of those POS too. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,413
    Options
    @Jeremiah - After my previous life I thought I had a handle on acronyms.  Clearly I have lived a sheltered life.  Thanks for the explanation.  I need to go attend life's current school.  No worries, I would flunk the final exam.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,363
    Options
    So there I was, on the back of a bus staring at a guy that was catatonic on PCP. Luckily I had two big a$$ dudes on my side too remove him. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Must. Get. Bigger. Blackstone.

Signal Mountain, TN
  • NC_Egghead
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Sorry Lou..
    @Jeremiah, thanks for helping to clear that up. JK is the previous Wrangler body style from 07 to 18. The JL is replacing it - 2018 and up. The U=unlimited=4 door.
    There is an aftermarket part for just about everything you would want on these vehicles. Many of them are engineered better than the originals. The Dellrin sleeves I used today are a good example. 
    Charlotte, NC

• Jeremiah
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Sorry Lou..
    @Jeremiah, thanks for helping to clear that up. JK is the previous Wrangler body style from 07 to 18. The JL is replacing it - 2018 and up. The U=unlimited=4 door.
    There is an aftermarket part for just about everything you would want on these vehicles. Many of them are engineered better than the originals. The Dellrin sleeves I used today are a good example. 
    07, not 11 sorry. And yeah the accessories are cool I have to admit...until they take over your garage. 
  • NC_Egghead
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    lousubcap said:

Sorry Lou..
    07, not 11 sorry. And yeah the accessories are cool I have to admit...until they take over your garage. 
    That lift for the hard top is on my list. I haven’t taken mine off yet but it’s nice to take the freedom panels out. 
    Charlotte, NC

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,137
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    lousubcap said:

Sorry Lou..
    That lift for the hard top is on my list. I haven’t taken mine off yet but it’s nice to take the freedom panels out. 
    I bought a $69 electric winch, some eye-lets, straps, and rope from ChineseFreight and built my own.  Total investment was about $120 and some time.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Options
    My Jeep was rusted as could be ~7 years in.  I was happy to get $10K for the trade-in. I love the concept of a Jeep, but I’ll never buy a Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge again. 
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    My Jeep was rusted as could be ~7 years in.  I was happy to get $10K for the trade-in. I love the concept of a Jeep, but I’ll never buy a Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge again. 
    Well now that sucks!  Glad I don't live where it snows.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • NC_Egghead
    Options
    If I were to buy a new one, I would get the undercarriage Rhino-lined. It’s not bullet proof but better than most other options to prevent rust. 
    Charlotte, NC

• NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Options
    If I were to buy a new one, I would get the undercarriage Rhino-lined. It’s not bullet proof but better than most other options to prevent rust. 
    I did that with my recent F150 (2010). Still going strong, been through winters in Indiana and summers in Texas. 

Truth be told, the Jeep was even rusting in the glove box from moisture...that’s pretty telling. 
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Had a Wrangler in the 90s, prefer my 4Runner 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,495
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Crap.
    I've been having my first tooth implant this last year.  Dead tooth pulled last Xmas.  Let the bone heal for 6 months, then get a hole drilled into the jaw and a threaded rod pounded in, in July.  Let that heal, and was supposed to get the new tooth screwed on next month.
    A few days ago, the tooth in front of the implant site starts hurting.  Then, a large lump on my jaw.  Saw my dentist this morning and that tooth is dead, needs another $2,500 root canal + cap.  F*ck.  
    One more beer and I'll be ready to load the belt sander with a fresh 40-grit, and grind the bottom half of my face off.  F*ck!!  :anguished:

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I bought a CJ 5 reneged levi edition new off the show room floor back in '79, the same year I graduated high school.  V8 and a 10 gallon gas tank...rofl.  I loved it. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• NC_Egghead
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    I bought a CJ 5 reneged levi edition new off the show room floor back in '79, the same year I graduated high school.  V8 and a 10 gallon gas tank...rofl.  I loved it. 
    Bet you wished you still had that CJ!
    Charlotte, NC

• NC_Egghead
    Options
    Botch said:
    Crap.
    I've been having my first tooth implant this last year.  Dead tooth pulled last Xmas.  Let the bone heal for 6 months, then get a hole drilled into the jaw and a threaded rod pounded in, in July.  Let that heal, and was supposed to get the new tooth screwed on next month.
    A few days ago, the tooth in front of the implant site starts hurting.  Then, a large lump on my jaw.  Saw my dentist this morning and that tooth is dead, needs another $2,500 root canal + cap.  F*ck.  
    One more beer and I'll be ready to load the belt sander with a fresh 40-grit, and grind the bottom half of my face off.  F*ck!!  :anguished:
    Man, that sucks! Sorry to hear!
    Charlotte, NC

• NC_Egghead
    Options
     I honestly never thought the Red Sox would take 3 in Houston. The Sox beat a good team. I’ve also thought all along the WS champs would come from the ALCS. We will see!
    Charlotte, NC

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
     I honestly never thought the Red Sox would take 3 in Houston. The Sox beat a good team. I’ve also thought all along the WS champs would come from the ALCS. We will see!
    Well they didn't.  Joe West + Red Sox won 3 in Houston.
  • NC_Egghead
    Options
    You mean the correct call on the fan interference? Astros as a team moved on from that because they’re a classy organization...
    Charlotte, NC

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    You mean the correct call on the fan interference? Astros as a team movede on from that because they’re a classy organization...
     They moved on because they have no choice.  MLB cannot correct it now.

Doesn't mean I can't point out a bad call that impacted the entire series.
  • NC_Egghead
    Options
    You mean the correct call on the fan interference? Astros as a team movede on from that because they’re a classy organization...

If I remember correctly, the call was reviewed by MLB to make sure the right call was made. Nothing there to correct.

Game 4, does not, an entire series make.
    Stros will be back, they’re built for success. 
    Charlotte, NC

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

If I remember correctly, the call was reviewed by MLB to make sure the right call was made. Nothing there to correct.

Game 4, does not, an entire series make.
    Stros will be back, they’re built for success. 
    3-1 vs. 2-2 is a huge difference, plus makes game 6 at home.

Granted, Sox out played them and I think they deserved the win, but West did make it easier for them.