Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hurricane Florence: OT

Comments

• stay safe out there fellas.
    XL BGE, Imperial Kamado, brinkman gasser, Taco Cart griddle 
    (Wishlist- BGE M-Max)

Santa Ana, Ca 
  • Acn said:
    Newsflash, update on storm:

Well, at least it’s a true statement.
    The genius in chief says 'oh yeah!'
    Image result for trump 911 fist pump
    It's always about the Frump Ego! Make him great!

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Latest radar: 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Jeremiah said:
    Latest radar: 
    We gonna get FVked.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    11am NHC NOAA (9/12) forecast has the southern shift continuing.  Improving conditions in Richmond means the JethroBnB be open to evacuees.  Egg under a sturdy awning means we'll be egging away. Bring it.  PM me for cell number. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • Jeremiah said:
    Latest radar: 
    He needs to go to the free clinic.
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    edited September 2018
    And if all goes well for us in Virginia, I will be heading down to Myrtle Beach/Pawleys Island area early next week to help friends who just permanently moved down there 3 months ago. Two blocks from the ocean. Ugh.  
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • tgs2401
    tgs2401 Posts: 423
    YukonRon said:
    Hey folks, if you need refuge, our home will be open to anyone needing a place to ride this one out.
    We had experience with Katrina, had folks come stay, you are welcome here.
    Hoping for the best.

Another home in Louisville available to anyone needing a place to stay. 
    One large BGE in Louisville, KY.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    "Morehead City"....sounds like my kinda place.
    Speculate and wait it out they said....

The Eastern Seaboard is already saturated from all the rain we have seen. If you don't leave I hope you have a Jon Boat tied to the side of your house. Jokes are cool until lives are at stake. Be smart. Be safe.

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Saw this when I was taking the sunrise shot posted earlier.  Interesting approach to keeping your roof on. 

Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • northGAcock
    Saw this when I was taking the sunrise shot posted earlier.  Interesting approach to keeping your roof on. 

Is that crime scene tape?

• Saw this when I was taking the sunrise shot posted earlier.  Interesting approach to keeping your roof on. 

No they’re big straps. Kinda like what you see on flat bed trucks that they ratchet down to secure the load. I would think they’re only as good as the anchor points...
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • Going to ride it out in Charleston, 40 minutes west of the City on high ground. I'm afraid our brothers to the North are going to take the brunt of it, we'll have two days of rain and 60 mph winds followed by two weeks of no power. All of my surrounding neighbors are staying so we can bail next door if a major problem arises (tree through house, etc...). Smokeware cap is at the ready.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • northGAcock
    Going to ride it out in Charleston, 40 minutes west of the City on high ground. I'm afraid our brothers to the North are going to take the brunt of it, we'll have two days of rain and 60 mph winds followed by two weeks of no power. All of my surrounding neighbors are staying so we can bail next door if a major problem arises (tree through house, etc...). Smokeware cap is at the ready.
    Be safe. Welcome to come to Cola...we have beds.

• "Morehead City"....sounds like my kinda place.
    It's definitely better than Castration Island. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • My buddy and his family are staying put in Southern Shores, NC OBX - worries me for sure. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    My buddy and his family are staying put in Southern Shores, NC OBX - worries me for sure. 
    It's unlikely to be this bad there - but worst case scenario is 140 mph winds, apparently a 13 foot storm surge, plus the waves that have recently been measured at 83 feet (might only be 1/2 that size when they hit shore).

His plan is sounding like a really bad idea.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• sctdg
    sctdg Posts: 301
    edited September 2018
    WTF . It's a disaster caused by nature not politics . Talk about TDS . It's alive and well on this site . You guys are pretty sad. Get a life.
  • sctdg said:
    WTF . It's a disaster caused by nature not politics . Talk about TDS . It's alive and well on this site . You guys are pretty sad. Get a life.
    Sorry about you being triggered snowflake.  Go to your safe space with your weighted blanket for a bit, turn the lights down low and just repeat 'lock her up' a couple thousand times and you will feel better.   =)
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    And we’re off...
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • sctdg
    sctdg Posts: 301
    sctdg said:
    Sorry about you being triggered snowflake.  Go to your safe space with your weighted blanket for a bit, turn the lights down low and just repeat 'lock her up' a couple thousand times and you will feel better.   =)

Look in the mirror . I think you will see the snowflake you are talking about.What a bunch of dweebs .It's sad what has happened to this forum .
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    We had to evacuate last October for a bad fire that got really close to our house so I kind of understand what people are going through, luckily we were able to return in less than 24 hours.  Possessions are replaceable and property is fixable, human safety first and good luck to those affected.  

My company matches donations for relief efforts so I’ll be looking to at least help in that way and any other way I can from the left coast.  Positive vibes!
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Kent8621 said:
    500 said:
    That first “hack” has to be the dumbest prep tip I’ve ever heard. 

idk in college we used to do that for parties.  the apartment had access to the basement in it and we could use them as coolers and keep everything cold it worked well.  the industrial ones like we had would hold a keg if you removed the agitator
    That idea is fine under normal circumstances. In an emergency situation, you’re trying to preserve resources. The water in a cooler keeps it colder. The water can be used for other purposes. Letting it go down the drain in an emergency is just plain dumb.  Also, other than milk, keeping drinks cold is a luxury not a necessity. 
  • Different people deal with stress in different ways . Some resort to tacky humor. Personally, I'm no fan of it in times like these. But if it helps them deal with the stress then so be it. 

Though some of the stuff is from people that have no reason to be stressed out over the coming storm. Just stay calm and ride it out. The tacky stuff, not the hurricane. If you intend to ride out the hurricane then you better know what you are doing. During a state of emergency help may not be able to get to you. You could be on your own.

Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• northGAcock
    South Carolina vs Marshall game here in Columbia has been canceled this weekend. 

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    Kent8621 said:
    500 said:
    That first “hack” has to be the dumbest prep tip I’ve ever heard. 

idk in college we used to do that for parties.  the apartment had access to the basement in it and we could use them as coolers and keep everything cold it worked well.  the industrial ones like we had would hold a keg if you removed the agitator
    That idea is fine under normal circumstances. In an emergency situation, you’re trying to preserve resources. The water in a cooler keeps it colder. The water can be used for other purposes. Letting it go down the drain in an emergency is just plain dumb.  Also, other than milk, keeping drinks cold is a luxury not a necessity. 
    The water isn't going to just go down the drain unless you turn on the washer, it will still be in the tub if you wanted to keep the water for other potential uses.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    South Carolina vs Marshall game here in Columbia has been canceled this weekend. 
    Marshall was favored?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Stoogie
    Stoogie Posts: 173
    Saw this when I was taking the sunrise shot posted earlier.  Interesting approach to keeping your roof on. 

No they’re big straps. Kinda like what you see on flat bed trucks that they ratchet down to secure the load. I would think they’re only as good as the anchor points...
    When/if the anchor points give way, I'd hate to see what those metal buckles do when they hit something after going through the air at a high rate of speed.
    Large BGE

Neenah, WI