Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hurricane Florence: OT

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited September 2018
    Went to the grocery store yesterday early evening here in Columbia. There was not a buggy available....people in the parking lot were waiting on folks to finish loading their groceries into their cars. All check outs were open and there were lines 5-6 deep. People could not navigate that end of the isle....and had to turn around  and move to the back of the store to navigate to another isle. On the good side they had pallets of water at the front door and were constantly re-stocking the bread section. Never seen anything like it even just before the holidays. This was on a Monday and the thing does't arrive till the end of the week. Good to see people reacting to the warnings. 

Funny thing....the frozen sections looked untouched. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  •  I just received word from my friends at Atlanta motor Speedway just south of Atlanta and Hampton Georgia that they will be open for any campers and RVs that are evacuated hurricane Florence. If anyone has a question about how to get there or if you do go down there and you have a question about what’s around there, I am local and I’m willing to help. You can reach me at 678-592-0283.

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    edited September 2018
    From Atlanta motor Speedway: dry camping free; full hookup $20 per day.

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• just a thank you to all the great people offering places to stay you are appreciated
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Dear Carolinians,

Pack up your pork, and head for the hills, please.  Come back, and 'Q another day.
  • sctdg
    sctdg Posts: 301
    1voyager said:
    Just saw that they're starting mandatory evacuations for some coastal sections of NC.  Y'all stay safe out there!!!
    Yep. We own a timeshare in Duck, NC. We received the notification this morning that mandatory evacuation will start tomorrow @ 7:00am.

Spent a lot of time at my buddies house in Corolla NC . House on the beach ,10 miles of 4 wheeling it on the beach to get there. One mile below Virginia border. Was there for a Nor'easter . Was not something I would do again . Ocean came up to the dunes and flooded the sand roads too. There was no way out. Evacuation alarm in house never went off for that one, was not fun.
  • northGAcock
    edited September 2018
    gdenby said:
    Dear Carolinians,

Pack up your pork, and head for the hills, please.  Come back, and 'Q another day.
    The coastal areas are largely evacuated, or are in process. Here inland we are due a butt load of rain. I am fortunate to be on a high spot in my neighborhood. We have a plan should we loose power. Bracing for the wind as well. We have a tailgate gas grill, water, Blackston and Grub. Have extended invites to some folks on the coast. Our pets will be with us...getting ready to hunker down. All the best to our Carolina brothers to the north....and our instate friends. 

• Up here in Ashe County we will have some rain but local forecaster says not until Sunday and Monday. They haven't said much about winds up here yet. We are ready and if we loose power we will head to the motor home and head somewhere!  Hopping all of our friends in the path stay safe and yes your BGE can and will blow over and break! Kay read on FB earlier today someone asking if that could happen. Stay safe my friends.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited September 2018
    Not a lot of space here, but we do have a couch, love seat and a basement where we can move shît around.  

And a couple of air mattresses 
  • Not a lot of space here, but we do have a couch, love seat and a basement where we can move shît around.  

Will there be wings? Asking for a friend...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Not a lot of space here, but we do have a couch, love seat and a basement where we can move shît around.  

So that’s answers it. It takes a Hurricane evac. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Jeremiah said:

So that’s answers it. It takes a Hurricane evac. 
    Jeremiah, get on up to PA, I've got space for you and your family.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • We have a bedroom, bath and a couch! So anyone in need just come on up. Don't think we will have much wind just rain come Sunday and Monday. Oh if your north and want to come down that works too! See youins soon.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    I feel safer already knowing Brother Pat is on the job. Seems the storm is tracking farther south now tho - sorry South Carolina!

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/406011-pat-robertson-asks-followers-to-help-cast-shield-of-protection
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    thetrim said:
    Every one stay safe, and please send us an update when you know if Dan Nichols Park will recover by next April.
    As we are only a few miles from DNP  I will be the Jim Cantore for the area.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Stow it dinghy...  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    gdenby said:
    Dear Carolinians,

The coastal areas are largely evacuated, or are in process. Here inland we are due a butt load of rain. I am fortunate to be on a high spot in my neighborhood. We have a plan should we loose power. Bracing for the wind as well. We have a tailgate gas grill, water, Blackston and Grub. Have extended invites to some folks on the coast. Our pets will be with us...getting ready to hunker down. All the best to our Carolina brothers to the north....and our instate friends. 
    Bloodys prep underway???
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

Natural (or is it "unnatural?) disaster heading near him:   

Robertson then asked his congregation to “put a hand out toward the Atlantic” and to repeat after him.

“In the name of Jesus, you Hurricane Florence, we speak to you in the name of Jesus, and we command the storm to cease its forward motion and go harmlessly into the Atlantic,” Robertson said.

“Go up north away from land and veer off in the name of Jesus. We declare in the name of the lord that you shall go no farther, you shall do no damage in this area,” the evangelical leader continued.

...and to other areas:

• 9/11 Following the devastating attack, the televangelist Jerry Falwell said 9/11 occurred because of pagans, abortionists, feminists, "the gays and the lesbians" and the ACLU.
    • Hurricane Katrina Weighing in on the crisis, pastor John Hagee said "I believe that New Orleans had a level of sin that was offensive to God, and they were recipients of the judgment of God for that."  Hagee later retracted that statement.
    • The 2006 American Tsunami? On that year, Robertson predicted that in America, there will be "earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, tornados -- volcanic eruption. The coasts will be lashed by storms and disasters and, yet, this still isn't the big one. Bigger ones are even coming.
    bucky925 said:
    thetrim said:
    Every one stay safe, and please send us an update when you know if Dan Nichols Park will recover by next April.
    Guard it with your life!   You can build a new house, you can have new kids, but there is ONLY ONE Dan Nichols Park.   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832

Natural (or is it "unnatural?) disaster heading near him:   

Robertson then asked his congregation to “put a hand out toward the Atlantic” and to repeat after him.

“In the name of Jesus, you Hurricane Florence, we speak to you in the name of Jesus, and we command the storm to cease its forward motion and go harmlessly into the Atlantic,” Robertson said.

“Go up north away from land and veer off in the name of Jesus. We declare in the name of the lord that you shall go no farther, you shall do no damage in this area,” the evangelical leader continued.

...and to other areas:

• 9/11 Following the devastating attack, the televangelist Jerry Falwell said 9/11 occurred because of pagans, abortionists, feminists, "the gays and the lesbians" and the ACLU.
    • Hurricane Katrina Weighing in on the crisis, pastor John Hagee said "I believe that New Orleans had a level of sin that was offensive to God, and they were recipients of the judgment of God for that."  Hagee later retracted that statement.
    • The 2006 American Tsunami? On that year, Robertson predicted that in America, there will be "earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, tornados -- volcanic eruption. The coasts will be lashed by storms and disasters and, yet, this still isn't the big one. Bigger ones are even coming.
    You have no idea how much guys like this piss me off. It's like they haven't read the entirety of the Bible and choose to cherry pick out of context scriptures for their own benefit. Wait, that's exactly what they do.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    John, I think Pat Robertson's prayer warriors are shifting the storm towards Florida!  Hallelujah!   It fvckin' works, man!  Jesus H Christ!  I may be a convert!!!!!!!!!
    thetrim said:
    bucky925 said:
    thetrim said:
    Guard it with your life!   You can build a new house, you can have new kids, but there is ONLY ONE Dan Nichols Park.   
    If I can figure out how to post a video I will do a live post Friday! 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    As others have said/alluded, if you are supposed to evacuate, please get out.  Some of my relatives hunkered down during Hurricane Andrew in South Florida.  Even though they survived, they would never do it again.  They describe being in their coat closet in the center of the house for hours with the wind sounding like they were in the middle of an airplane engine.  The noise was unbearable.  Then when things had quieted down quite a bit and they thought it might be safe to exit the closet, they opened the closet door only to see a number of objects and a dog fly through their living room and out the back window... so they closed the closet door and waited a few more hours...

When they told us about it you could see in their face and eyes that it had been a horrific experience.

Don't set yourself up for something like this.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• northGAcock

How selfish of you.....not offering up the garage. 

• nolaegghead
    Newsflash, update on storm: