Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hurricane Florence: OT

Options

Comments

• sctdg
    sctdg Posts: 301
    Options
    I feel bad for those people down there . Lived through Sandy ,we had no power for almost three weeks and I live almost 50 miles from the coast. Hurricane Audrey in the fifties almost washed our house away and it wasn't even a hurricane when it got to us.  Lets all hope that Florence burns itself out.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Mandatory evacuation for coastal North Carolina and parts of Virginia according to CBS evening news.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    And that lady is PMSing to the max.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Is it just me, or are folks over at Weather.com a little too fired up/excited about the potential damage this thing could do?

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Is it just me, or are folks over at Weather.com a little too fired up/excited about the potential damage this thing could do?

It's a media property devoted entirely to the weather, what would you expect?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    That area has an abundance of Hurricane n00bs.  They will have better outcomes if they respect the potential damage and suffering commensurate with the power of this storm, which is magnitudes of order more powerful than anything most have been previously exposed to.

Some ignorant and unlucky may die, but the vast majority will not have their air conditioning and interwebz pipes working for days...weeks...months.  And take it from me, cleanup is a b*tch.

Good luck, I wish the best outcomes for all in Florence's path.
    Options
    Starting to understand why this one is named after a lady:

Well if you shorten it, it does turn into Hurr Flo

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    I have a crapton of friends and colleagues in and around Wilmington.  Supposed to be there myself next week but I’m guessing that gets cancelled.  As of earlier today, most I know were planning on staying, but I’m guessing that has probably changed already.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Family in NC, and in DC. Hoping they make smart decisions.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    Please don't minimize the potential impact on the coasts of the carolinas and Virginia.  We haven't had a hurricane of this strength to hit in 3 decades.  
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Mandatory evacuations of flood zone "A" are now in effect.  Sh!t just got real.  
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    JethroVA said:
    Please don't minimize the potential impact on the coasts of the carolinas and Virginia.  We haven't had a hurricane of this strength to hit in 3 decades.  
    Hugo wiped out Charleston too. It created a riff between residents and “outsiders” that still remains strong to this day. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options

We were in Wilmington for a wedding when hurricane Joaquin came by. If that amount of water gets dumped on the Carolinas again, it will be devastating. We got stuck in Columbia trying to get home from Wilmington with water flooding a section of the interstate and all the bridges closing due to water over the bridges. The amount of rain was ridiculous and Joaquin didn't even get close to a landfall there. Combine that kind of rainfall with all the rain from the past week or two and it won't take much to flood. Stay safe out there guys.
    LBGE
    AL
  • nolaegghead
    Options

Options
    That it missed NO?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    swoosh!
    Options
    swoosh!
    Knew that.  F Knike.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    swoosh!
    Knew that.  F Knike.
    Please, let's stop with the culture wars, they aren't worth it.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Every one stay safe, and please send us an update when you know if Dan Nichols Park will recover by next April.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    Options
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Kent8621
    Options
    anybody heading to the north Alabama area let me know we will take of dinner for you, don't have a lot of room to crash but we could help find something.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Called insurance company to make sure everything is covered on our rental in Raleigh, between tenants right now. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Just saw that they're starting mandatory evacuations for some coastal sections of NC.  Y'all stay safe out there!!!
    Yep. We own a timeshare in Duck, NC. We received the notification this morning that mandatory evacuation will start tomorrow @ 7:00am.
    Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    The entirety of the SC coast is under mandatory evacuation.

Stay safe friends.