Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Acn said:
    So this has been the first year that my daughter has ridden a bus to school.  It picks he up right outside the house, and every morning our old dog watches her out the front door.  When she gets on the bus and it drives away, the dog curls back up on her bed.

Your dog has something growing out of his head.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Finishing up the holiday weekend here. Worked out good I was on overnights these past 4 days. Didnt have to make any extra trips to check on him (1 hr commute each way). Clients were extra unpleasant this weekend. But my main priority was glad to get to come home. He's still not 100% but feeling better

Love the  "I ain't done nothing look"
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Finishing up the holiday weekend here. Worked out good I was on overnights these past 4 days. Didnt have to make any extra trips to check on him (1 hr commute each way). Clients were extra unpleasant this weekend. But my main priority was glad to get to come home. He's still not 100% but feeling better

Love the  "I ain't done nothing look"
    Sarah McLaughlin would break out in song if she saw that face.  

Glad the pup is home. 
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Really thinking I need to relocate. It’s been triple digits since Friday and no relief anytime soon. It’s not even June yet. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Really thinking I need to relocate. It’s been triple digits since Friday and no relief anytime soon. It’s not even June yet. 
    Dont touch anything metal outside....

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Love the heat.  No need to shovel it.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Made a batch of chicken spiedies and have them in the fridge waiting on dinner sometime later this week. 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

I used to say that to all my Canadian friends.  After 23 years in Phx. I'm about done with the heat.

Phoenix 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    blasting said:

I used to say that to all my Canadian friends.  After 23 years in Phx. I'm about done with the heat.

You can put on more clothes and stay warm.... 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    deanb1234 said:
    Just FYI don't go to Cabela's on your lunch breaks on 10% tuesdays....your wife won't be happy....
    It don't work good on Thursdays either. also, you better have that thing locked down....guy in red card has his eye on it.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @DuckDogDr - that is most welcomed news.  Here's to keeping the trend in the positive direction.  Thanks for the update.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Aldi grass fed beef, quesadilla rallado, bacon, toasted brioche dinner rolls, Duke's Mayo with Cholula Lime, sliced jalapeno, roma, pickled red ernyin, pickles, and Combo's Cheddar Jalapeno Corn Tortilla.  Wish I had some cilantro to put on the mayo.  Wide open kettle, 600s.

Boy gave me a high five after this one.  I think it was really because of the Mexican Coke. 

I was able to season up the new grates.  Shopper's Choice is sending out a replacement Mangrate because one had slight damage.  Awesome CS.  So for $90 total invested including tax and shipping, I'll never buy another grate in my lifetime.  ;)

I will need a grill now, that fits all five at once. =)
    This little PK sits outside our neighboring campground lot.  Guy got it for 20 bucks.  I popped the hood.  Zero rust.  Cast Al is solid.  Hmmmm

The fresh jalapeno almost tastes like Summer.  Can't wait for maters.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Focker said:
    Aldi grass fed beef, quesadilla rallado, bacon, toasted brioche dinner rolls, Duke's Mayo with Cholula Lime, sliced jalapeno, roma, pickled red ernyin, pickles, and Combo's Cheddar Jalapeno Corn Tortilla.  Wish I had some cilantro to put on the mayo.  Wide open kettle, 600s.

Boy gave me a high five after this one.  I think it was really because of the Mexican Coke. 

I was able to season up the new grates.  Shopper's Choice is sending out a replacement Mangrate because one had slight damage.  Awesome CS.  So for $90 total invested including tax and shipping, I'll never buy another grate in my lifetime.  ;)

The fresh jalapeno almost tastes like Summer. 

Home run! Good grief I can almost taste summer. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Focker said:

The fresh jalapeno almost tastes like Summer. 

Home run! Good grief I can almost taste summer. 
    Thanks Pete.
    Just stepping outside, one can taste the humidity of Summer. Lol
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• lousubcap
    Options
    @pgprescott - don't know about the taste but mother nature declared summer down here several weeks ago.  I seem to recall  around 6 days of Spring but I could be wrong.  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Our 2013 Dodge Grand caravan just took a dump.  Might need to go used car shopping.  Sounds like fun.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Our 2013 Dodge Grand caravan just took a dump.  Might need to go used car shopping.  Sounds like fun.
    I hear there are some good deals to be found on used Range Rovers.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @thetrim - I would immediately reach out to @fishlessman as he appears to have staying and negotiating power beyond us mere forum members.  =)
  • thetrim
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @lousubcap I may not be the best negotiator around, but I am speed reading, The Art of the Deal, and promise that this will not take any more than 2-1/2 days.
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Celebrating!

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Just bought 3 bottles of wine. Been here one day. Leaving Saturday.
    Look for wines made in Lodi, except Woodbridge.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    You stuck in Lodi again?
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    You stuck in Lodi again?
    Oh, Lord!
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    You stuck in Lodi again?
    Yeah, a friend of mine invited me, since I am working a an hour away, to stay with he and his family. We have a rack of lamb being slow roasted tonight, and we are going to his cave to pick out some of his wine for this week.
    He has 122 acres of grapes, he makes wine with, all for different labels.
    He GAVE me a Cab Franc, that would make any wine lover ( read "wino" ) like me, thrilled.
    Private vineyard, everything he and his wife makes is sold before going into the bottle.
    What ever is left, goes for bids. Lowest bid last year was $120.00/bottle. It was the cab franc. It eventually sold for $275.00, per bottle.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    YukonRon said:
    You stuck in Lodi again?
    Oh, Lord!
    Could be worse, I guess.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    edited May 2018
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    SamIAm2 said:
    YukonRon said:
    You stuck in Lodi again?
    Oh, Lord!
    Could be worse, I guess.
    Could be, just don't go cutting parking meters off the posts while you're there. Be Cool.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,659
    Options
    @DuckDogDr that is one good looking pup!
     I have been replanting non gmo soybeans all day, last Tuesdays 3" of rain ruined my momentum on @ this farm anyway.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• thetrim
    Options
    I just noticed the "new" banner picture up top.  I'm wondering if that's @Killit_and_Grillit 'shine in that picture or not?
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95