Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,128
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Can’t hide money @JRWhitee
    Those John's Creek folks use $100's to light their cigars.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Prepping for the start of Derby Season,  one of the museums is hosting The Kentucky Bourbon party this evening, and I was lucky enough to score a ticket.
    They need a whole new word for lucky regarding this. One of the hardest tickets to score.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    JRWhitee said:
    Putting in new sod.
    His next purchase.....the Rumba of the yard..
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,797
    Finishing up my taxes.  As I look through my bank records I have to wonder if pig farming is a charitable cause - especially the way we do it @20stone, @The Cen-Tex Smoker, @caliking.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Just took a little break from the desk and took a walk outside. Gorgeous day in Indiana!
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Still waiting for spring here in the UK. Felt like January outside today. It's rained  LOT as well, the fields round here are waterlogged and sowing is already 1 month late. 
  • AlbertaEgger

Still a good foot of snow in the front yard. Blurred picture, tried to zoom in with a phone. They are patiently waiting for me to put the garden in.

• AlbertaEgger
    DMW said:
    Left the office a bit early to watch my son's game.

Awesome, love watching the kids ball. Taking my daughter on Sunday for team evaluations, she decided to play again this year. She plays on a all boys team but probably one of the toughest players year over year on the teams. She has had to hold back some laughter a few times and then quotes to me the famous "there's no crying in baseball" after the game.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    @AlbertaEgger - gotta love the toughness.  Congrats to her.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    JRWhitee said:
    Putting in new sod.
    His next purchase.....the Rumba of the yard..
    My buddy drives SS delivery truck!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Foghorn said:
    Finishing up my taxes.  As I look through my bank records I have to wonder if pig farming is a charitable cause - especially the way we do it @20stone, @The Cen-Tex Smoker, @caliking.
    So happy to hear that I’m not the only one still working on my taxes!

i think I’m ready for an accountant next year though. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    caliking said:
    Foghorn said:

I started using an accountant for my personal taxes several years ago. Not because I couldn't do my own, but because I'm such a procrastinator. Highly recommend. 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    At Iowa State today:

John, it's been a LOT of brain cells ago, but is that the parallelogram-shaped aerospace building (can't remember the name)?  NW end of campus?  
    I was an aero E student there from '78-'80 (only 19 of the 166 AE freshman students graduated on time); this Hall had just been completed, and it was beautiful but also the most energy-inefficient building in Iowa, at the time.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,797
    DMW said:
    caliking said:
    Foghorn said:

I started using an accountant for my personal taxes several years ago. Not because I couldn't do my own, but because I'm such a procrastinator. Highly recommend. 
    This.  Plus in 2003 we moved to a new house and kept the old one as a rental.  Have had an accountant since then.  And since we sold the rental this year - and a bunch of stock - to buy a beach condo (to be used as a rental), we definitely need a pro.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Getting my starter woke for some weekend baking. 
  • caliking
    Foghorn said:
    DMW said:
    caliking said:
    Foghorn said:

This.  Plus in 2003 we moved to a new house and kept the old one as a rental.  Have had an accountant since then.  And since we sold the rental this year - and a bunch of stock - to buy a beach condo (to be used as a rental), we definitely need a pro.
    I know. Misplaced sense of pride and all that. I’ve done my own taxes since I was 18. Have done Pops’ too for the last 15yrs or so.

Seems to get a tad more complex each year, so ready to throw in the towel now :)

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    DuckDogDr said:
    Just finished cutting my grass and breaking up my garden spot. Corn, green beans, okra, peppers and carrots to be planted tomorrow 

Beautiful.  Small piece of heaven right there!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    caliking said:
    Foghorn said:

You cannot be serious.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • caliking
    bgebrent said:
    caliking said:
    Foghorn said:

You cannot be serious.
    Is the Pope Catholic?

I’m a glutton for punishment. 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    caliking said:
    bgebrent said:
    caliking said:
    Foghorn said:

You cannot be serious.
    Is the Pope Catholic?

I’m a glutton for punishment. 
    You are indeed.  B.B. is something I’m still working on how to get a write off =)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    I built a house and with ny w2 plus two 1099 for contract work made me get a pro this year. The savings more than paid for his services. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)