Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    What a night. 
    Kitchen fridge just kicked.  Wife and I moved everything to my beer fridge in the basement so nothing was lost.  Just not what we needed to happen right now.  
    Is the beer gonna be ok?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Marriage pro tip of the day: Don't tell your wife she needs to seek professional psychological help and expect her to speak to you for a few days. :i_dunno:
    Even I am not that stupid. ;)
    Surely debatable.
    Wife won teacher of the year one time at her school. I called it teacher of the 9 months. I learned right then and there where the stupid line was drawn.
    Congratulations to your wife.  As a husband of a educator of 30 years, I lernt early not to mention summers off, every holiday off, not two full weeks in the entire school year with out a break. 

AND the worst....leave them the hell alone the last week, week and half of summer....It's PMS on some type of steroids not yet invented!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    edited March 2018
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    What a night. 
    Kitchen fridge just kicked.  Wife and I moved everything to my beer fridge in the basement so nothing was lost.  Just not what we needed to happen right now.  
    What did you do with the beer?
    Most of it is still in there.  But I had to sacrifice some of it down my gullet.  You know to make room and save the more expensive milk and butter, lol.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Party is teacher of the year every year, not to mention Chik-fila’s little sister.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    YEMTrey said:
    What a night. 
    What did you do with the beer?
    Most of it is still in there.  But I had to sacrifice some of it down my gullet.  You know to make room and save the more expensive milk and butter, lol.
    Good....was getting ready to set up a Go Fund me on your behalf. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Since SWMBO and I have been sick as dogs with this pestilence that's been going around, coughing until migraines occur, never ending misery, dinner was performed with stuff from the freezer and a microwave oven. 

No pictures, so maybe didn't happen, too delirious to care.
    Options
    Botch said:
    Legume said:
    Is that the pensacola ale house? Drank many pbr pounders in there! Hard to beat 2 for $3
    3 for $2?  
    In 1953
    Not sure what a "pounder" is, but I remember one club in Brookings, SD (home of the SDSU Jackrabbits, who played a game in this year's Sweet 16!) that had 10-cent drafts on Fridays (in the translucent plastic cups, smaller than a red cup but bigger than a shot glass).  I had a good time, can't remember for sure though.  
    When I was in college there was a bar that served $0.10 draft on Wednesday nights from opening until someone used the restroom.  A bunch of the football team was always there.  2 of the linemen would "guard" the restroom door to make sure everyone could continue to drink $0.10 drafts.  All fun and games until someone whipped "it" out and pissed while standing at the bar.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Saw this on a rving forum. Thought it might help our buddy in Columbia. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Since SWMBO and I have been sick as dogs with this pestilence that's been going around, coughing until migraines occur, never ending misery, dinner was performed with stuff from the freezer and a microwave oven. 

No pictures, so maybe didn't happen, too delirious to care.
    Nola.....happy to share with you some of my good vibes. You guys get well!

• northGAcock
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Dude, if you could see the crap that is coming out of my backside....I am a humbled man. It want last long though.

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Dude, if you could see the crap that is coming out of my backside....I am a humbled man. It want last long though.
    Maybe you should see if there is a scented version, then. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Pics or it didn't happen!  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Friend just texted me this. I wonder if @SGH is aware. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    Options
    dharley said:
    dharley said:
     This is my first real cook with my new Smokeware cap. My fifth or so on the PSWOO. I've had my Egg for almost a year. I've burnt over 1000 pounds of lump cooking on it three to seven nights per week. I never get tired of a spatchcocked bird. This is my style; skin freed, legs turned and tucked. This one is basted in butter and coated in DP FireWalker. No raw wood this time. Just Rockwood.  

And? What are your thoughts on the smokeware? 
    It's really cool. I like it. I don't think a 400 degree raised direct cook is a real test, however. I'm going to play with it this weekend. Probably a pork butt Sunday for the week. I've never been able to hold constantly below 250 with the daisy wheel. I think it's a winner so far! 

I am interested in getting a smokeware just to eliminate a few steps when done cooking.  I haven't had any problems cooking below 250, I actually smoked some beef sticks at 100 dome temp for a few hours before bumping them up to 160. Our ambient temperature has been in the 30s or colder, I am sure this summer I won’t be able to hold low temps 
    The complete shut off at the end is a definite plus I forgot to mention. I dropped and broke my ceramic snuffer, the replacement cost of that helped greatly with the decision to purchase the Smokeware cap.

I think my overall technique is probably the cause of my failed low temp cooks.
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Friend just texted me this. I wonder if @SGH is aware. 
    They should make Anus Day a National Holiday =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Botch said:
    Legume said:
    Is that the pensacola ale house? Drank many pbr pounders in there! Hard to beat 2 for $3
    3 for $2?  
    In 1953
    Not sure what a "pounder" is, but I remember one club in Brookings, SD (home of the SDSU Jackrabbits, who played a game in this year's Sweet 16!) that had 10-cent drafts on Fridays (in the translucent plastic cups, smaller than a red cup but bigger than a shot glass).  I had a good time, can't remember for sure though.  
    When I was in college there was a bar that served $0.10 draft on Wednesday nights from opening until someone used the restroom.  A bunch of the football team was always there.  2 of the linemen would "guard" the restroom door to make sure everyone could continue to drink $0.10 drafts.  All fun and games until someone whipped "it" out and pissed while standing at the bar.
    Hah!  The "Lucky Lady" (also in Brookings) had a similar night.  Roommate and I went.  Once.  I like to save money, but that wasn't worth it.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Anus Awareness Day - the "Romans I" on her sign was a clue so I just had to know what the deal was and tis about what I figured - http://www.dailytarheel.com/article/2018/02/breaking-0206

Should probably contact some students to hold some "Anus is Great (especially when battered and fried)" signs beside those folks.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Shoulda cut the jerk paste a little more.  Hot snakes in the morning!
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Had to call a couple of Fareways, but found the fire ham for Easter.

KBQ vs WSM.  Weather/precip will decide.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Focker said:

Gotta love this disclaimer:
    "No Nitrates or Nitrites added except for the naturally occurring nitrates in seas salt and celery powder"

http://www.meatmythcrushers.com/myths/the-use-of-celery-powder-to-cure-some-meats-is-misleading.html
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited March 2018
    Options
    DMW said:
    Focker said:

Gotta love this disclaimer:
    "No Nitrates or Nitrites added except for the naturally occurring nitrates in seas salt and celery powder"

http://www.meatmythcrushers.com/myths/the-use-of-celery-powder-to-cure-some-meats-is-misleading.html
    I hear ya, food marketing/labeling, pi$$es me off.

All I care about on that label is Berkshire.  This was Thanksgiving, same "Limited Edition".  It's good.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    My mom called to tell me she stumbled on a box of my Mamaw’s (great grandmother’s) stuff.

Jackpot! I just became the sole owner of her recipe board and my great grandfather’s bell pig scraper. 

(My sister is already kissing my a$$)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    My mom called to tell me she stumbled on a box of my Mamaw’s (great grandmother’s) stuff.

Jackpot! I just became the sole owner of her recipe board and my great grandfather’s bell pig scraper. 

That is awesome Adam.  The simple things!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @bgebrent I’m starting to think I can date most of these by the ingredient of homemade butter or Oleo. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• northGAcock
    Options

That is really cool brother. Handwriting an all.