Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

8 briskets and 30 racks boss's house - for worldwide colleagues. What could possibly go wrong?

Foghorn
Foghorn Posts: 9,830
Started the briskets at 10 PM on the offset.  Moved them around at 2 AM to even out the cooking/heat.  Spread them out to the kamados including my boss's large BGE.  Now the ribs are on.

Briskets rubbed with mixture of Fiesta Brisket Rub and Montreal Steak.

Ribs rubbed with Fiesta Rib Rub.

A lot of logistics being sorted out.

Airflow in the offset was/is an issue.  

I'll keep posting pics as I have time, but it may not be soon.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

Comments

• This made me tired just looking at it. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Foghorn
    It's not for the faint of heart.  And it's definitely a team effort.  That makes it much more fun.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,024
    Did you buy ever Akorn from Home depot? That is a crazy setup!  As @SGH says, looking forward to the finish.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Holy hell man. That is a serious cook! 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322
    Well into an epic cook and adventure.  Looks like the off-set chambers were well loaded-cause of the air-flow issues?  Definitely gotta be a team effort with an over-night stick burner session.  
    Pics indicate a definite shortage of adult supervisory beverages but I get the constraints...boss's house and international guests.  Regardless, playing with fire is a definite way to engage your clients.  Bring it home and have fun.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Fabulous!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Foghorn
    @Ozzie_Isaac, 3 different local colleagues have them.  

We still don't have quite enough grill real estate.  2 briskets are in butcher paper in foil pans in the oven after getting their initial smoke on the offset

San Antonio, TX

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Holy cow!   Definitely an A for effort and can’t wait to see the finish 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Yes sir.... I love it!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Strong work, Fog. 

Where’s the Napoleon? I’m sure it could take care of a bunch of those ribs. Or a couple of briskets. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Foghorn
    The Napoleon is in the pic.  Closest to the offset. 

It’s being used to finish 2 briskets. Running at about 300.  

And @lousubcap, yes. Overloading the offset was the source of the airflow issue. 

That and we decided to cook some bacon on the offset closest to the firebox. At about midnight. Slowed down the cook by about an hour. 

San Antonio, TX

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    I’m sure the results will far exceed their BBQ pallets. You will likely ruin them for life. Enjoy the ride. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Well, that's just a whole bunch of awesome in one place. :clap:

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • caliking
    Foghorn said:
    The Napoleon is in the pic.  Closest to the offset. 

It’s being used to finish 2 briskets. Running at about 300.  

And @lousubcap, yes. Overloading the offset was the source of the airflow issue. 

That and we decided to cook some bacon on the offset closest to the firebox. At about midnight. Slowed down the cook by about an hour. 
    My bad. it sort of blended in with the Akorns. I figured you would have it in play.

I may be able to make it to SA in time for dinner tonight...

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    That’s just impressive - fantastic cook.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Wow!  Great cook there.  You might've earned a healthy promotion for this one!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • caliking
    That is turning out to be quite impressive.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,750
    Well Played!!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    caliking said:
    That is turning out to be quite impressive.
    This
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Foghorn
    Thanks to all for the kind commentary. It was a lot of fun. The feedback has been really positive. 

Probably more pics tomorrow. 

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322
    Epic- and I'm sure you wowed the clients.  Nothing like staring down the barrel of the "you guys better nail this".  And you and your team brought it home.  Congrats.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    That is a manly accomplishment,   design, organization, implementation execution and delivery

• Foghorn
    Thanks all.  Here's some more pics. Including a better pic of the ProQ (now called Napoleon) for @caliking.  Also called the trash can smoker by @texaswig

San Antonio, TX

• texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    That's some good looking food. And you had those grills loaded down. Those proQs are cool. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Foghorn
    We hit it out of the park if I do say so.  All 8 briskets were home runs.  So were all 30 racks of ribs.  I don't think I/we can do any better.  

And 6 giant pans of outstanding smoked mac and cheese.

San Antonio, TX

• caliking
    Reppin’ hard for TX, Fog!

I bet your guests and colleagues will be talking about this for some time to come. 

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,745
    That is awesome. This might be one of my favorite threads of the year. Congrats on nailing it. Big time props for pulling it off.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,024
    I bet your entire neighborhood smelled wonderful with all the different smokers and meat!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS