Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

8 briskets and 30 racks boss's house - for worldwide colleagues. What could possibly go wrong?

Options
13»

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Oh yeah, @texaswig, the ProQ is a real workhorse for a grill that you can latch together and carry with one hand (although it's clumsy, kinda heavy, and it's good to be 6'5" when you do this).  It sears steaks like a champ.  It did 2 of the briskets on this cook.  And it is great for raised direct cooks like chicken wings.  It kinda hurts my feelings when @caliking calls it the garbage can smoker.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    It's a term of endearment :) you know we love the goodness that comes from the garbage can smoker. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    That is so cool!  Great BBQ and camaraderie.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Thanks @Hawg Fan.  It was a great time.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX