Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just ordered a pitmaker vault

Thatgrimguy
Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,723
edited January 2018 in Off Topic
Cooking too many charity overnights to feed sticks all night and on average doing 20 pork butts so it would take 3-4 XLs and managing that is as bad as managing sticks...

so tonight I ordered a pitmaker bbq vault because it can handle up to 500 degrees which allows to me bake bread and casseroles and it can do 24 hours at 250 which is longer than I need anyhow for 5 - 25x22 racks!! I love bbq.
XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Of course you did.

Nice man, enjoy!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Way to swing for the fence brother.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Very nice Scott!  You definitely needed another cooker ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Thatgrimguy
    I didn’t have a reverse flow cabinet smoker.. it was the only real optin
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Are you mounting it on the Grocery Cart?
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Dis gon be gud 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Get that crap off the egghead forum! Just kidding. Fat thumbs and yes I could use some more whiskey! Is she going on the Shirley trailer or getting her own?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Thatgrimguy
    CTMike said:
    Are you mounting it on the Grocery Cart?
    No, don’t have space for this monster. Still trying to figure out a way to mount an xl to the cart though 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    Nice!  Looking fwd to pics.  Your arsenal is envy inducing.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Awesome man. You are going to love it. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    I didn’t have a reverse flow cabinet smoker.. 
    Run it backwards and you will have a forward flow cabinet smoker  ;)
    On a serious note, congratulations brother. You will really enjoy the set it and forget convenience. Burning sticks is great, but staying up all night burning sticks after working all day, not so great. That’s what ultimately pushed me to get an insulated cabinet. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Cooking too many charity overnights to feed sticks all night and on average doing 20 pork butts so it would take 3-4 XLs and managing that is as bad as managing sticks...

so tonight I ordered a pitmaker bbq vault because it can handle up to 500 degrees which allows to me bake bread and casseroles and it can do 24 hours at 250 which is longer than I need anyhow for 5 - 25x22 racks!! I love bbq.
    That a way to pull the trigger. Looking forward to its arrival.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    I always thought you needed more cooking room.

Congratulations!  =)
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • What an addition that will be!!  Enjoy
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Great addition to the arsenal.  Congrats.   
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Congrats on the new box.  If you are coming to pick it up, give us a holler.  That would be a pretty good excuse to get a crowd together and cook something.
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Thanks for all of the hard work you put in to charitable causes. Tip of the hat to you Scott. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    You could have just bought a few Sous Vide Setups  =)

Kidding, I am jealous as I have been waiting to pull the trigger on a Vault
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Congratulations! When’s the due date?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Hard to argue with that logic.  Congrats!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Thatgrimguy
    caliking said:
    Congratulations! When’s the due date?
    Not sure yet. They are going to put my Logo on it and the ball valve is on backorder. The color I want is already in stock so it shouldn't take too long.
  • Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    edited January 2018
    @Thatgrimguy - Scott - I know you already have a beautiful smoker. What's the difference between what you have and what you just ordered? Would like to understand more about all the different equipment people use... 
    New Orleans LA
  • lousubcap
    edited January 2018
    @Thatgrimguy - well said.  I don't run in your league or ever aspire to but at some point the sleep component becomes a major driver.  If I am on the hook for an early PM finished protein then the BGE every time.  Otherwise, I enjoy the challenge of the stick burner. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Thatgrimguy
    lousubcap said:
    @Thatgrimguy - well said.  I don't run in your league or ever aspire to but at some point the sleep component becomes a major driver.  If I am on the hook for an early PM finished protein then the BGE every time.  Otherwise, I enjoy the challenge of the stick burner. 
    I will add that the "New Toy" factor also plays heavily!! lol
  • With all due sincerity man, I can’t wait to try your meat!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    lousubcap said:
    I will add that the "New Toy" factor also plays heavily!! lol
    That, right there, is reason enough.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • lousubcap
    @DMW -  I have walked myself back from additional cooker purchases (not in the XXL or Pitmaker category) enough times now that I have resolved that I am good with where I am.  Took a while and the fact that "what are you gonna cook/do with that that you can't do right now, especially at your age?" and failing to answer with true conviction beyond " You wouldn't understand" to enable me to calm down.  I still check out the web-sites of every new rig that gets mentioned here but I have weaned myself of the next new rig, or so I keep telling myself. FWIW-