Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    On a conference call with a dude trying to sell me a membership. Killing me. 
    Oh come on now.  You know you want a new manziere delivered to your door each month.  
    It was a quality cross industry best practices service. Let's just say his idea of "about half the salary of an entry level employee" and mine are quite different. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Legume said:
    Seriously.
    Give, me, a, break.

My brother and I planned to go to the local gun shop Thursday night.  Today being his only day off. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,206
    Options
    Focker said:
    Legume said:
    Seriously.
    Give, me, a, break.

My brother and I planned to go to the local gun shop Thursday night.  Today being his only day off. 
    You didn't have to post it. You simply don't have any couth. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Couth?
    For buying PMAGs, which I planned last week.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    Come on, you're not that tone deaf.  You understand the reaction and you courted it.  Buy whatever you want, nobody cares what you buy or that it's your brothers day off or you planned since last week.  You posted that for a reaction, congrats, you got a reaction.
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    Had the chicken sandwich... was excellent.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:
    Come on, you're not that tone deaf. 
    I wouldn't bet on that man.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Zeiger88
    Zeiger88 Posts: 171
    Options
    Zeiger88 said:
    Me and the little man getting ready to cook hamburgers on the mini max
    Awesome!  Doesn't get much better than that!
    Thanks @johnlncarolina
    BGE XL June 2017 Flameboss 300 February 2018 Mini max July 2018 Lima, Ohio 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Finally got a tree guy to show up to give me an estimate. Good grief. Took more than 3 months just to get an estimate. $750 for two trees. Stumps and all. At this point, first guy with a saw that actually shows up wins. 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Congrats @Zeiger88 and fam!  That's great stuff, enjoy every moment!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    Finally got a tree guy to show up to give me an estimate. Good grief. Took more than 3 months just to get an estimate. $750 for two trees. Stumps and all. At this point, first guy with a saw that actually shows up wins. 
    That's cheap brother 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I have a saw....
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    That's cheap brother 
    Maybe In hotlanta
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    That's cheap brother 
    Maybe In hotlanta
    You're one cheap bastard for having been dead and all.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    I have a saw....
    How about a bucket truck?  Between two houses and a fence. Leaning heavily. Also need a stump grinder. I have access to a saw.  Much like a lawn mower...
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    That's cheap brother 
    Maybe In hotlanta
    You're just a cheap azz 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I didn't say anything about the houses. That's your problem. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    That's cheap brother 
    Maybe In hotlanta
    It's hard to earn a living bein dead and all. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    That's cheap brother 
    Maybe In hotlanta
    It's hard to earn a living bein dead and all. 
    Dont ya know I know.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,496
    Options
    Crying.  This has been a bad two days.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Zeiger88
    Zeiger88 Posts: 171
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Congrats @Zeiger88 and fam!  That's great stuff, enjoy every moment!
    Thanks @YEMTrey we are enjoying it 
    BGE XL June 2017 Flameboss 300 February 2018 Mini max July 2018 Lima, Ohio 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I saved $1500.00 doing it myself. I used no straw hat. Mine was not as severe as yours, but I feel your pain, Jason
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Trimming trees is skilled work.  Check out tree trimming failures on YouTube and you're in for some good comedy.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    Listening to Tom Petty, smoking a cigar, and drinking gin. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Nice piece of sirloin reverse seared. Going on 325 F indirect.

Pulled at 115F IT.

Seared direct at 600F and sliced. Eaten with Dijon mustard in grilled pitta topped with salad.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,784
    Options
    just finished an 8 hour quality system review, brain dead spent...double fisted drinking tonight, hopefully it lasts thru the night into tomorrow. according to the inspection results i no longer need to approve this, just certify this ;) it was incredible, findings found so small, one area i did not put a "." after inc (incorporated) the world stopped, non conformance reports were filed, applications were made to add an abbreviated name tag without the "." surprised i made it thru without insanity taking over. oh wait, i already have my insanity badge =)  heading home for a bender
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    just finished an 8 hour quality system review, brain dead spent...double fisted drinking tonight, hopefully it lasts thru the night into tomorrow. according to the inspection results i no longer need to approve this, just certify this ;) it was incredible, findings found so small, one area i did not put a "." after inc (incorporated) the world stopped, non conformance reports were filed, applications were made to add an abbreviated name tag without the "." surprised i made it thru without insanity taking over. oh wait, i already have my insanity badge =)  heading home for a bender
    I feel for you. The whole world now thinks that the quality of your work is directly related to your quality system. It's nonsense.