Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,877
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Eoin said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    Eoin said:
    Spatchcock on the MMX.

Oh no you're not - you are Googling Felicity Kendal and Penelope Keith  =)=)=)

And - the go really well on the BGE - I go high temp (300),  close all vents then put the bird on and leave it,  yummy!
    IMDB. Felicity.
    Or click here : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-4845758/Felicity-Kendal-leaves-fashion-mid-life-crisis-bit-late.html   :o
    Aaaah - I just saw the F&B tin in the background.  That stuff is like crack for SWMBO.  It goes everywhere, on everything and when not being applied - more colour charts are arriving in the post.  
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,368
    Options
    Initial cook on the new Field Skillet. Testing for hot spots. 

Well, their two coats of grapeseed oil for seasoning didn't last one cook. What a joke. 

I've found that pretty much all the pre-seasoned cast iron skillets I've bought in the last couple of years the seasoning is mainly just a rust preventative. :)

My Field seasoning has held up fairly well and haven't had any problems like that. Yikes!

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    Eoin said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    Eoin said:
    Spatchcock on the MMX.

Oh no you're not - you are Googling Felicity Kendal and Penelope Keith  =)=)=)

And - the go really well on the BGE - I go high temp (300),  close all vents then put the bird on and leave it,  yummy!
    IMDB. Felicity.
    Or click here : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-4845758/Felicity-Kendal-leaves-fashion-mid-life-crisis-bit-late.html   :o
    Aaaah - I just saw the F&B tin in the background.  That stuff is like crack for SWMBO.  It goes everywhere, on everything and when not being applied - more colour charts are arriving in the post.  
    I have to fight to get some colour in the house, Anne likes F&B as well, but so boring. Last room choice was mine, orange walls and a bright striped carpet.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Chicken done, waiting for the baked spuds now and then I can feed the hungry hoards.

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Initial cook on the new Field Skillet. Testing for hot spots. 

That's odd, especially with what you're cooking.

Turn your range hood on high, crank up the heat, and wipe a few times with a lightly oiled lint free cloth.  Just enough to see it coat.  Wait a min, if it beads up, wipe with non oiled lint free cloth so your finish doesn't orange peel.

My Lodge CS pan is stubborn like this.
    Keep after it.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• MrA46221
    Options
    Trying pork belly burnt ends. So far so good. May have sampled pre butter and sugar. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,536
    Options
    That's a load of meat candy getting ready right there.  Enjoy.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Making the sauce for CTM:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,210
    Options
    Trying a new grilled pizza technique.  This one requires a microwave.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,166
    Options
    I the ATL for a Sunday evening wedding...had mid afternoon food and Bev at the 57th Fighter Group Restaurant. What a hidden gem.  
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Made some Canadian bacon...

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Drinking beer, watching football. Eagles look much better than they did in week one. Had low expectations of them at the start of the season, however, looks like there might be something there.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Made it to Nashville for the evening. Going to see Alison Krause, and David Gray. Staying DT at the Renaissance. Going to walk over to The Stillery in a few.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    The final product:

Beautifully done John!
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Getting mentally prepared for playoff baseball. Pondering the sounds of the first place Cubs and third place Cardinals. I reckon I like it.

As a Bears fan, I really hope we get past the Nats. Too early to start watching hockey seriously for this guy. Cheers!
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    enjoying the Chesapeake at sunset.  This is where my oysters grow.  For boaters: This is Fishing Bay on the Piankatank River.
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    JethroVA said:
    enjoying the Chesapeake at sunset.  This is where my oysters grow.  For boaters: This is Fishing Bay on the Piankatank River.
    That’s a magazine cover!
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina dude i was at LaGuardia last week.  It is beyond sh#thole and down right third world country.  It did not help that United Nations was in session and every hundred feet were two police, 3 deputies, 4 national guard, army reserve, eagle scouts, homeland security, partridge in a pear tree, et al, wearing combat gear and automatic weapons.  Silly me, I thought I'd get a rental and drive to Poughkeepsie.  Really bad idea.

They have grand plans to make LaGuardia Great Again (get it, LGA) but I doubt that i will live to see it.  
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    JethroVA said:
    @JohnInCarolina dude i was at LaGuardia last week.  It is beyond sh#thole and down right third world country.  It did not help that United Nations was in session and every hundred feet were two police, 3 deputies, 4 national guard, army reserve, eagle scouts, homeland security, partridge in a pear tree, et al, wearing combat gear and automatic weapons.  Silly me, I thought I'd get a rental and drive to Poughkeepsie.  Really bad idea.

They have grand plans to make LaGuardia Great Again (get it, LGA) but I doubt that i will live to see it.  
    It's truly a bizarre place.  Some terminals feel like they're stuck in the 80's.  None of it feels clean.  I'd almost, almost!, rather fly through Newark.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Made some Canadian bacon...

That looks great.  I'm still looking for a youtube vid on Conrad-Hinkle's beef plate ribs.  =)

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    Great evening. A little crisp out. 

Here's a remedy. 

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    I may have gone a little overboard with the day drinking 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Day drinking doesn't count on weekends, holidays, and vacation.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Very Nice @JohnnyTarheel
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • pgprescott
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    All of my most embarrassing and interesting stories start like this: “ we started drinking early, like 8 or 9 AM”. They digress from there. Soldier on.