Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oh Brisket Gods, I pray to thee. Bless me with your wisdom and mercy.

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Durangler said:
    Prime rib roast...... :whistle: 
    You are either a fortune teller or a wise man. I'm putting my money on wise man.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    edited March 2015
    Options
    SGH said:
    Durangler said:
    You are either a fortune teller or a wise man. I'm putting my money on wise man.
    I thought it would be an obvious speculation.
    You'll knock it outta the park with a couple brisket, oysters & hog then drop prime beef roasts.
    Wish I could attend.
    Have a blast, Please!! :wink: 
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • SGH
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Durangler said:

You'll knock it outta the park 
    I have a master plan. I'm going to let @DMW cook the briskets, @nolaegghead cook the prime rib and @travisstrick cook the oysters. I'm going to try to get Uncle Apple aka @henapple to cook the hogs head. All I will have to do is sit back and enjoy the ride!! 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Durangler
    Options
    @SGH ..., good plan.
    Those guys are good. They'll not let you down, but keep a alert eye on the @nolaegghead guy.
    I see many great chefs are attending. :smile: 
  • SGH
    Options
    Durangler said:
    keep a alert eye on the @nolaegghead guy.
    I keep a sharp eye on him all the time. Two when I can :wink: 

Status- Standing by.

• Durangler
    Options
    cazzy said:This is your first trip to Salado so Herr Mickey will forgive your overstepping.  Henapple belongs to Mickey during the fest.  After he's done putting together all the eggs, he has to set up all the tables, prep Mickey's cook and light his egg.  If time permits, he let's Tony cook some MPD's before he makes him load up all the demo eggs for their ride home.

Oh, don't think you can have him after the fest either.  He's responsible for filling up all drinks and serving food.  After which, he has to wash Mickey's truck and golf cart.  Then he has to condition the cushions so they are more gentle on Mickey's balls.
    :rofl: 
  • SGH
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Henapple belongs to Mickey during the fest.    he has to condition the cushions so they are more gentle on Mickey's balls.
    Poor ole Uncle Apple. Sounds like he has his hands full!! Down here, that is what we call a whipping boy!! 

Status- Standing by.

• Durangler
    Options
    SGH said:
    cazzy said:
    Henapple belongs to Mickey during the fest.    he has to condition the cushions so they are more gentle on Mickey's balls.
    Poor ole Uncle Apple. Sounds like he has his hands full!! Down here, that is what we call a whipping boy!! 
    OMG .... sorry I can't stop .... :rofl: :rofl: 
    Too funny,,, you guys are cutting it up!
  • Durangler
    Options
    Not to mention there's no more Ozark Oak to hand out. :anguished: 
  • SGH
    Options
    Durangler said:
    I'm bringing a couple of Akaushi briskets as well. They should be here tomorrow. I want to do a heads up comparison. Waygu vs Akaushi. Let everyone taste them for themselves and see what they think. 

Status- Standing by.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    SGH said:
    Durangler said:
    I'm bringing a couple of Akaushi briskets as well. They should be here tomorrow. I want to do a heads up comparison. Waygu vs Akaushi. Let everyone taste them for themselves and see what they think. 
    I think Akaushi is a tad too rich.  I couldn't imagine the point...might be too much.  
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Durangler
    Options
    Honestly, never heard of Akaushi,
    So you guys just carry on. 
    Have a tasters blast!
    Lucky bunch at Salado this time!
  • SGH
    Options
    cazzy said:
    I think Akaushi is a tad too rich.  I couldn't imagine the point...might be too much.  
    It definitely has a much deeper taste. I'm one of the ones who really enjoys it. My wife prefers the Waygu. Just want to let folks who haven't tried it give it a shot. I know this is not the exact way to explain it. But it has a very deep and heavily "dry aged" taste if you will. I very fond of this taste. I miss the old time dry aged steaks from the past. The Akaushi reminds me of it.

Status- Standing by.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    cazzy said:
    This is your first trip to Salado so Herr Mickey will forgive your overstepping.  Henapple belongs to Mickey during the fest.  After he's done putting together all the eggs, he has to set up all the tables, prep Mickey's cook and light his egg.  If time permits, he let's Tony cook some MPD's before he makes him load up all the demo eggs for their ride home.

Oh, don't think you can have him after the fest either.  He's responsible for filling up all drinks and serving food.  After which, he has to wash Mickey's truck and golf cart.  Then he has to condition the cushions so they are more gentle on Mickey's balls.
    Now a lot of things suddenly make sense.  Man has some new sh!t come to light.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Whoa Scotty!!!!! Holy crap. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SGH
    Options
    I hoped that you would approve brother Tex.

Status- Standing by.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:
    I hoped that you would approve brother Tex.
    Indeed. I've never even seen one in person. 
  • SGH
    Options
    Never seen which? Akaushi or Gold?

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @SGH - man, let's carve off a section of both of those and make some carpaccio.  I know it's heresy if not cooked on the egg, but trust me my friend, it will change your life.  I'll bring the stuff to make it.  We only need a little bit of "trimmings".  Brisket has more connective tissue than normal, less so with this fancy New-Yorker boutique stuff, but we'll slice it tissue paper thin and it'll melt in your mouth like the garlic from the prison scene from the Sopranos.
    SGH said:
    Never seen which? Akaushi or Gold?
    Either but I was talking gold. Hope I get a nibble. 
  • SGH
    Options
    Either but I was talking gold. Hope I get a nibble. 
    You will get the first crack at each my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options

@SGH - man, let's carve off a section of both of those and make some carpaccio.  
    You talked me right into it. It's a done deal if that's what you want to do. 

Status- Standing by.

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    h like the garlic from the prison scene from the Sopranos.
    Goodfellas. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Thanks, wasn't sure.
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yeah, I hate to correct but I just love that movie and that scene. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    me too!  Italian cooking is the perfection of technique and simplicity.  Love it.
    Options
    So deeply jealous of you guys that can go to Salado. I'll be working a trade show all weekend. It's the same time every year. I guess I'll have to wait until retirement to go. At any rate, have one for me and enjoy.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    DMW said:
    @DMW, are you driving or flying down?
    Flying.
    Have fun. Maybe I'll try to make it next year.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • AR_Pork_Producer
    AR_Pork_Producer Posts: 87
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm sure there will be a long line at SGH's tent.

Large BGE, Holland Gas Grill, Masterbuilt electric smoker, Oklahoma Joe, Flame Boss