Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing now? (2024)

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,315
    edited July 26
    Trying to figure out why there are two of these damn threads.
    Earlier Vanilla screwed up and you could post to the other one, but it didn’t actually post.  It looked like it broke Vanilla’s code like threads that are 10 years old.  So I started a new one.  Now we are burning down the new one because the OG one is working again.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,279
    Trying to figure out why there are two of these damn threads.
    Earlier Vanilla screwed up and you could post to the other one, but it didn’t actually post.  It looked like it broke Vanilla’s code like threads that are 10 years old.  So I started a new one.  Now we are burning down the new one because the OG one is working again.
    You don’t appear to be doing a good job burning it down, would you like some assistance?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,101
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,786
    We burning this thread down AND handing out dislikes? Boooooo
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited July 26

It’s good to know we can always count on you to share the sentiments of our country’s lowest common denominators.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,227
    edited July 26
    *Delete 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,837

It’s good to know we can always count on you to share the sentiments of our country’s lowest common denominators.
    https://youtu.be/clqXS4fEjBo?si=d4rOiJp_XoKddA5K
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,315

You underestimate our lowest common denominator if you think that is the bar.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• DoubleEgger
    At least that sex was consensual unlike Trump’s escapades. 
  • Legume
  • JohnInCarolina

You underestimate our lowest common denominator if you think that is the bar.
    I don’t think it’s the bar by any stretch, I just know we can count on you to share it with us whenever it does rear its ugly head.
  • Legume
    I was wondering for a good 10 seconds why we didn't see memes like that for Boebert before it dawned on me, there's already video tape and what's left to smear?
    Not a felon
  • DoubleEgger
    Legume said:
    I was wondering for a good 10 seconds why we didn't see memes like that for Boebert before it dawned on me, there's already video tape and what's left to smear?
    I’d venture to say dollar store makeup. 
  • DoubleEgger
    edited July 26
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    edited July 26
    Legume said:

I’d might find this humorous if Biden did not eschew one of the primary tenants of Catholicism for votes.   

He elected to support all forms of abortion for the sake of the Left for votes

I guess “devout” is subjective. 

But then again he was raised in a black neighborhood while also being raised in a Puerto Rican church, or was it vice versa, never knew with that guy…
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,121
    TechsasJim said:
    ...But then again he was raised in a black neighborhood while also being raised in a Puerto Rican church, or was it vice versa, never knew with that guy…
    Perhaps enlighten us on why either would be a bad thing?    

"When small men begin to cast big shadows, it means that the sun is about to set."

- Lin Yutang

• TechsasJim
    Botch said:
    TechsasJim said:
    ...But then again he was raised in a black neighborhood while also being raised in a Puerto Rican church, or was it vice versa, never knew with that guy…
    neither of those are bad Botch, just saying you never know what’s going to come out of his mouth.  

But I like how you didn’t reference the key element of the post…abortion and Catholicism.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited July 26
    Botch said:
    TechsasJim said:
    neither of those are bad Botch, just saying you never know what’s going to come out of his mouth.  

But I like how you didn’t reference the key element of the post…abortion and Catholicism.  
    I’ll address it, since I was raised Roman Catholic, and most of my family is Catholic.

I think what your post is missing is the distinction between Biden’s personal/religious views on abortion, and what he thinks should be the law in the country.  That whole separation of church and state concept.  

The people I know who are devout and I respect are those that do not proselytize their beliefs on others.
  • TechsasJim
    Botch said:
    TechsasJim said:

I’ll address it, since I was raised Roman Catholic, and most of my family is Catholic.

I think what your post is missing is the distinction between Biden’s personal/religious views on abortion, and what he thinks should be the law in the country.  That whole separation of church and state concept.  

I too was raised Catholic.  You either accept the tenants or you don’t.    That’s what we were taught, correct?

Furthermore, I do not think he ever distinguished between his beliefs and what the country should believe.  

If I’m wrong I’m wrong I really don’t care, I don’t have a say, just find the hypocrisy incredible to gain votes—and that’s how I saw things.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited July 26
    Botch said:
    TechsasJim said:

I too was raised Catholic.  You either accept the tenants or you don’t.    That’s what we were taught, correct?

So your view is that Catholics should insist that the federal laws be consistent with their own religious views?  That otherwise they don’t accept the tenets?

• TechsasJim
    Or is it your view that you disavow your tenants so you get/remain elected to public office?
  • DoubleEgger
    edited July 26
    Or is it your view that you disavow your tenants so you get/remain elected to public office?
    Isn’t that exactly what every true conservative is doing with Trump? He can only check a couple of the Ten Commandments boxes. 
  • Legume
    You're assuming his sole motivation has been to get people to vote for him, vs to serve his constituency who have freedom of religion, another important tenet.

You do you.
    Not a felon
  • JohnInCarolina
    You don’t have to disavow anything.  I don’t think there’s any inconsistency between holding personal, private religious views and advocating for a federal government that does not impose such views on everyone.  
  • Legume
    Tenants are people that pay rent, or sometimes live rent free.
    Not a felon
  • TechsasJim
    Legume said:
    You're assuming his sole motivation has been to get people to vote for him, vs to serve his constituency who have freedom of religion, another important tenet.

You do you.
    Did he ever distinguish?    Not to my knowledge.   

I’ll do me, you do you, gladly buddy.   
  • DoubleEgger
    I still want to know what being raised in a black neighborhood or in a Puerto Rican church has to
    do with it. 
  • Legume
    Legume said:

You do you.
    Did he ever distinguish?    Not to my knowledge.   

I’ll do me, you do you, gladly buddy.   
    Distinguish what?
    Not a felon