Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing now? (2024)

191011121315»

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,315
    kl8ton said:
    Front and rear plastic grills of my favourite turbo fan literally disintegrated due to age. 

Resurrected with stolen parts from a retired surplus fan :)

I think you should run without grills. Looks cool!
    The downside is that it might not be so good for the grandchildren. 

Growing up, my now-deceased grandmother had a fan that featured a grill with spaces so wide you could literally get two or three fingers in between there. It looked stunning though. 
    My grandmother had one!  All the grill would do is keep the blades off the ground if it fell over.  They were sweet metal blades too.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 247
    kl8ton said:
    Front and rear plastic grills of my favourite turbo fan literally disintegrated due to age. 

Growing up, my now-deceased grandmother had a fan that featured a grill with spaces so wide you could literally get two or three fingers in between there. It looked stunning though. 
    who are you to get in the way of Darwin?
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,785
    edited September 1

And the blades were made of metal? 

Edit: Read @Ozzie_Isaac post just after finishing this one

I can't find the what are you buying right now thread.  The search function = useless.  

I am restocking my store of dizzy pig seasonings. Free Labor Day weekend shipping!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 12,014
    edited September 1
    kl8ton said:

Looks cool without grills and not running. However, when it's in action as in last pic, even at medium speed you can't see the turbines. It's light weight, quiet and powerful, that's why I can't let go of it.
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    kl8ton said:

My late M-I-L had a fan just like that. We found out the hard way when she was babysitting our oldest kid  =)
    canuckland
  • kl8ton said:

My late M-I-L had a fan just like that. We found out the hard way when she was babysitting our oldest kid  =)
    I shudder to think of the potential results. Hope all ended up okay. 
  • Canugghead
    kl8ton said:

I shudder to think of the potential results. Hope all ended up okay. 
    Fortunately it wasn't too bad!
    canuckland
  • On the road.  Headed up to Chicago for an all-day meeting tomorrow on behalf of Uncle Sam.  

I’ll see my nephew who works in investment banking tonight for dinner.  We’re checking out this place:

https://www.avecrestaurant.com/
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,681
    Re-homing an old license plate
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,714
    Safe travels and enjoy the dinner.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Don't forget to VOTE
    I have a MiniMax on my golf cart
    Florida

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,786
    Painting my daughter’s bedroom ceiling and walls. Prepping for wallpaper to be installed by the wife. Watching football and was watching the Presidents cup simultaneously, Sorry you Canadians on the forum. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,121
    ColbyLang said:
    Painting my daughter’s bedroom ceiling and walls. Prepping for wallpaper to be installed by the wife. Watching football and was watching the Presidents cup simultaneously, Sorry you Canadians on the forum. 
    Hope she volunteers to remove said wallpaper, when/if it becomes necessary.
    I will never, never do that again; I'll burn the residence down and rebuild it before that.  

"When small men begin to cast big shadows, it means that the sun is about to set."

- Lin Yutang

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,671
    I agree Botch. Every place that I have ever lived post university has had wall paper , including currently, has had wallpaper. In every case it started to peel. What's wrong with painting?
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,786
    Botch said:Gulfcoastguy said:
    I agree Botch. Every place that I have ever lived post university has had wall paper , including currently, has had wallpaper. In every case it started to peel. What's wrong with painting?

ColbyLang said:
    I will never, never do that again; I'll burn the residence down and rebuild it before that.  
    Fellas, my wife is an interior designer. I gave up a long time ago. Use quality wallpaper and removing it ain’t bad at all. Score it, spray with 50/50 water and liquid fabric softener. Wide putty knife. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,315
    ColbyLang said:
    Botch said:Gulfcoastguy said:

ColbyLang said:
    Fellas, my wife is an interior designer. I gave up a long time ago. Use quality wallpaper and removing it ain’t bad at all. Score it, spray with 50/50 water and liquid fabric softener. Wide putty knife. 
    Fabric softener is a godsend.  Removed older heavy wallpaper.  Took an evening to remove and another evening to remove rest of glue and skim coat with mud.  Really not bad.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL