Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing now? (2024)

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,315
    Lol, okay, that story is actually pretty funny (except the part where the dead bear was killed by a motorist, not RFK Jr.)

It actually makes pretty good sense too.  Who hasn't picked up roadkill and then not been able to get it in a fridge before it starts to ripen?  Putting it under a bicycle in Central Park to look like a bike accident is funny.  Much better than leaving it in the car while he flies somewhere and it just ferments inside.
    Okay photos making it real kind of take the humour out of it.  Seeing it is more like mutilating a dead body for kicks, which I find disturbing.  Not shooting your dog because you were a **** owner disturbing.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,955
    Cleaning up my egging neighbors back yard as a result of the heavy winds from hurricane Debbie in our county on the east Florida coast. Neighbors are on vacation and normally I only take care of the pool but this was a surprise. This photo doest't reflect how large that limb really is; the fence is 6' tall and the sections are 8' wide.

Cut up some of the limbs of the large branches from this Live Oak tree. Cleaned up enough to get the limbs off the grass. 

The number of leaves in the pool was crazy. Emptied the Poseidon cleaner canister twice and there were still more on the bottom of the pool. Hope to get the rest of the limbs cut up tomorrow before neighbors get home from their vacation.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    I'm thinking the other thread may be too large for vanilla, and since the Buffalo let this one go, and we did a bad job of burning it down completely, we might have to transition over. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    @SamIAm2 We have had 3 big storms tear through.  Each one with progressively stronger winds.  We are pretty much down to "only the strong" survive at this point. First storm cleanup cost the county over $32M.  Just to remove trees and debris.  We are not built for 80mph winds here.

• SamIAm2 said:
    Cleaning up my egging neighbors back yard as a result of the heavy winds from hurricane Debbie in our county on the east Florida coast. Neighbors are on vacation and normally I only take care of the pool but this was a surprise. This photo doest't reflect how large that limb really is; the fence is 6' tall and the sections are 8' wide.

Cut up some of the limbs of the large branches from this Live Oak tree. Cleaned up enough to get the limbs off the grass. 

The number of leaves in the pool was crazy. Emptied the Poseidon cleaner canister twice and there were still more on the bottom of the pool. Hope to get the rest of the limbs cut up tomorrow before neighbors get home from their vacation.
    Pretty great of you to get in there with your sleeves rolled up and even have it back to normal before your Egging neighbour returns. You’re a good man! If a property adjacent to mine comes up for sale, I will definitely be sending you the listing! 😉

You didn’t mention your own property, but I hope all is okay - especially since I know your last round with Mother Nature resulted in a lengthy insurance process that was just recently resolved. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,279
    I'm thinking the other thread may be too large for vanilla, and since the Buffalo let this one go, and we did a bad job of burning it down completely, we might have to transition over. 

Probably you should just start a new one every January 1st.  We could make it a tradition.  Kind of like festivus.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac

Probably you should just start a new one every January 1st.  We could make it a tradition.  Kind of like festivus.
    A festivus for the rest of us!  I will put it on my colander.

• Ozzie_Isaac

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,292
    Lol, okay, that story is actually pretty funny (except the part where the dead bear was killed by a motorist, not RFK Jr.)

It actually makes pretty good sense too.  Who hasn't picked up roadkill and then not been able to get it in a fridge before it starts to ripen?  Putting it under a bicycle in Central Park to look like a bike accident is funny.  Much better than leaving it in the car while he flies somewhere and it just ferments inside.
    Okay photos making it real kind of take the humour out of it.  Seeing it is more like mutilating a dead body for kicks, which I find disturbing.  Not shooting your dog because you were a **** owner disturbing.

Guy brought a skinned bear paw to a worksite I was on. Put it into someone's lunch cooler. Don't Google that....
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac

Guy brought a skinned bear paw to a worksite I was on. Put it into someone's lunch cooler. Don't Google that....
    I had friends put a live rattlesnake in my truck.  I killed it and put it in the ring leader’s van on the steering column during a party.  I haven’t ever heard someone scream that loud or fall and crawl backwards so fast.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,292

I had friends put a live rattlesnake in my truck.  I killed it and put it in the ring leader’s van on the steering column during a party.  I haven’t ever heard someone scream that loud or fall and crawl backwards so fast.
    Those things are so rare here but I did manage to find a small one here when I was a kid. Men in green took it away from me, tried to pass it off that it wasn't a rattle.but why didn't they just put it back where I found it, and why is there one of two places in the state that have a hundred or so and I later found out one of those places was just a few miles away😁 bastards took my rattlesnake. Rattlesnake in your truck, small bear paw looks like a child's hand, people are  asses
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,714
    @SamIAm2 - What a great undertaking.  Your actions define neighbours (nod) as I'm sure they would do the same.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina

But have you ever smelled a crawfish that was stuck under the seat of your truck for a day in the hot Carolina sun?
  • Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 175
    Just sprayed a huge bald faced hornet nest. Pro tip, use the white can with black letters and no graphics. 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,123
    I had a customer when I was landscaping that was into pranking people, he had a rubber snake that looked real and he would set it out when picking his kids up or at their practice to scare the other parents. 
     He kept the key to his shed/irrigation in the crawl space (you could barely walk) on a joist support, if you knew where to find it it was easier to reach for than look for.
     One day he put the snake at the entrance to the crawl space so as soon as I opened the door it was right there, he got me but not bad.  Naturally I scooped it up and put in on the joist where the key was hidden, out of sight. 
     He called me a month later laughing hysterically, he said no one has ever got him that good, when he reached for the key he felt the snake and jumped into the floor joists just about gave himself a concussion. 
    I’m proud he had that coming 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SamIAm2
    GrateEggspectations thanks for the nice comments. Sent you a message.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • SamIAm2
    Finished cutting the limbs and putting in the green recycle bin. Cut the larger limb sections into smaller pieces he can use in his poolside fire pit when they cure enough. That green recycle bin is loaded to the top again, I will put that out for pickup Monday evening and it should be emptied before my neighbors get home. 

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 247
    just cleaned the dome of the egg, now it's shiny like the top of my head! used Murphy's Oil Soap and large amount of "huile de coude"  on the mates to clean up the spills and dirt.  Now it's almost too clean to use.

almost :-)
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,714
    @zaphod - given your above shiny comment care to share your preferred rig to achieve your results.
    I know @GrateEggspectations uses a Rockwell DESR and I'm in the Muhle R-41 camp.  
    Here's a great read:
    https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1215560/an-appeal-to-the-shaving-gods
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,785
    lousubcap said:
    @zaphod - given your above shiny comment care to share your preferred rig to achieve your results.
    I know @GrateEggspectations uses a Rockwell DESR and I'm in the Muhle R-41 camp.  
    Here's a great read:
    you guys need a shaver?  mines are falling on their own 🤣😂

paqman said:
    lousubcap said:
    Here's a great read:
    you guys need a shaver?  mines are falling on their own 🤣😂
    You will eventually see the light and come on over to the dark side.   B)
  • zaphod said:
    just cleaned the dome of the egg, now it's shiny like the top of my head! used Murphy's Oil Soap and large amount of "huile de coude"  on the mates to clean up the spills and dirt.  Now it's almost too clean to use.

almost :-)
    Love it. I’ve used car wax on mine with good results. 
  • zaphod
    lousubcap said:
    Here's a great read:
    I use gravity :(

But.. I've collected all sorts of razors over the past 40 years. Currently I have open comb and butterfly safety razors in rotation, three uses on a blade, changing out both razors on the weekend. My travel razor is a closed comb Merkur that gives a very close shave.

I did get a Muhle porcelain silver tip brush a couple of months back. It's just breaking in and it is great to use.

Thanks for the link to the thread. Good reading.
    ~~
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Watching “The Bear” on Hulu.  Interesting show, not a relaxing show at all.  Super frenetic.

• JohnInCarolina
    Watching “The Bear” on Hulu.  Interesting show, not a relaxing show at all.  Super frenetic.
    You’ve got to stick it out until at least Season 2, at which point it becomes a totally different show (in a good way).  The second season of The Bear is some of the best television made over the last decade.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,960
    zaphod said:
    lousubcap said:
    Here's a great read:
    I use gravity :(

But.. I've collected all sorts of razors over the past 40 years. Currently I have open comb and butterfly safety razors in rotation, three uses on a blade, changing out both razors on the weekend. My travel razor is a closed comb Merkur that gives a very close shave.

I did get a Muhle porcelain silver tip brush a couple of months back. It's just breaking in and it is great to use.

Thanks for the link to the thread. Good reading.
    Apologies for my uncontrollable attention to detail, but assuming you are Zaphod Beeblebrox - is that the equivalent of six Arthur Dent uses on a blade?
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • zaphod
    hah. no  - I'm only shaving one head :) so three uses per blade.
    ~~
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,960
    zaphod said:
    hah. no  - I'm only shaving one head :) so three uses per blade.
    Splendid. Back to the Vogon poetry. 

But do you know why the answer is 42?  Genuine question, because I do know.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,121
    Hitchhiker's Guide was one of the most disappointing books I've ever read (if that's even what you're talking about).
    Level 42 is one of my all-time favorite bands, on the other hand.  

"When small men begin to cast big shadows, it means that the sun is about to set."

- Lin Yutang

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,101

I guess what I need to do right now is replan for retirement.
    Not a felon