Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing now? (2024)

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,837
    edited August 2
    Legume said:
    Legume said:
    @JohnInCarolina

i can’t see the JD post about Simone.   What did he say?   I ask only bc my older daughter used to practice gymnastics with her some 12yrs ago and I’d never disparage Simone.  

Tia!
    Probably she's more popular than he is. Does she have any cats?
    Guessing I missed a thread, no clue what that means.  
    Vance has been disparaging childless women as the root of problems in this country - called them childless cat ladies. 
    While saying that people with kids votes should count more than those without kids. 

That dude is eat up with the dumbazz. 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,101
    Ha - I forgot about that part of it.  This is the speak without thinking ticket. 
    Not a felon
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,714
    Just label it a weird ticket and sit back!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    Ahh thanks guys.   Guess I’ve been focusing more on Olympics than political banter..to a degree, or maybe I’m watching other channels.  

Appreciate the clarification.  
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Legume
    I'm sure it's not on all channels.
    Not a felon
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,279
    I’m thinking Trump shot his shot to soon. The only person who could have lost to Trump was Biden.  Why they worked so hard to get him to step down, I will never know.  They should have played with kid gloves till October.
    It’s almost as though, and I’m just spitballing here… Trump isn’t that smart.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • TechsasJim
    I’m thinking Trump shot his shot to soon. The only person who could have lost to Trump was Biden.  Why they worked so hard to get him to step down, I will never know.  They should have played with kid gloves till October.
    Well, I’m just spitballing, it’s incredible that Kamala was unanimously the worst VP ever (by support #s) , but now that she’s the Dem front runner her 💩 doesn’t stink.   

All the hypocrisy and double speak suddenly doesn’t matter.   

It’s almost like Dems would vote for a pet rock if it could speak (but I’m sure Meta has an AI for that for the next election).  
  • Legume
    Benghazi!  Email server!
    Not a felon
  • JohnInCarolina
    Well, I’m just spitballing, it’s incredible that Kamala was unanimously the worst VP ever (by support #s) , but now that she’s the Dem front runner her 💩 doesn’t stink.   

It’s almost like Dems would vote for a pet rock if it could speak (but I’m sure Meta has an AI for that for the next election).  
    I’m sure if you consume right-wing media all day, she was and always has been the worst.  But for the rest of us who live on planet Earth, that’s not the case.  And hypocrisy doesn’t appear to be a word you fully understand, so you might want to think twice about using it again.  

As for casting votes, I most certainly would vote for a pet rock over a serial assaulter of women, con artist galore, racist and convicted felon, for starters. 
  • TechsasJim

I’m sure if you consume right-wing media all day, she was and always has been the worst.  But for the rest of us who live on planet Earth, that’s not the case.  And hypocrisy doesn’t appear to be a word you fully understand, so you might want to think twice about using it again.  

As for casting votes, I most certainly would vote for a pet rock over a serial assaulter of women, con artist galore, racist and convicted felon, for starters. 
    You’re a **** peach John.   You clearly haven’t paid attention or only selectively have to my posts.   I watch all kinds of media so I get a fuller
    picture.  Sure right wing is part
    of what I watch but there are 10x more channels that lean left.  But if you keep drinking the CNN Kool Aid there’s a town in Guyana that had it in abundance, saw what happened there.   

Wtf has Camela done?   Seriously?   She has been caught on video by many channels - many left leaning as that’s who she favored- extolling her then plans and now she’s double speaking..why?   For the sake of votes.  

Stay in Canada, they love your logic.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited August 2

You’re a **** peach John.   You clearly haven’t paid attention or only selectively have to my posts.   I watch all kinds of media so I get a fuller
    of what I watch but there are 10x more channels that lean left.  
    LOL.  Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

Let me ask you this.  You mentioned watching a “highlight reel” of all of Kamala’s 180s yesterday.  Care to share the link with the rest of us?  

As for CNN, I don’t watch it.  I don’t watch *any cable news*, because it’s all garbage, and I recommend you consider doing the same.

• Legume
    Damn, man. Now you hate on Canadians? Do you still hate Indians too?
    Not a felon
  • Legume
    I will say, you do have irony nailed down.
    Not a felon
  • TechsasJim
    Legume said:
    Damn, man. Now you hate on Canadians? Do you still hate Indians too?
    ha, no sir, I love Canadians, don’t like their politics but the people are wonderful.  I have 2 facilities there I look after.  
  • TechsasJim

Let me ask you this.  You mentioned watching a “highlight reel” of all of Kamala’s 180s yesterday.  Care to share the link with the rest of us?  

As for CNN, I don’t watch it.  I don’t watch *any cable news*, because it’s all garbage, and I recommend you consider doing the same.

It was actually on a Samsung TV channel that I’m unfamiliar with.   I’ll try to see if I can pinpoint it.   For whatever reason my TV defaulted away from DirectTV stream to that.   Let me see if I can find “last watched” because it was new to me for sure.   Definitely did not seem pro either side.   
  • TechsasJim
    I can’t be sure this is it but the last channel shows CBS News 24/7.    

Just changed cable/internet providers so the TV has been doing some things of its own.   

Went from XFINITY to YouTube tv to now direct tv streaming.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Well that certainly clears things up. 
  • TechsasJim
    Do you remember everything you’ve watched or channel you’ve flipped through?   

Dude you’d argue with a broom in a closet if it served your purpose.  
  • Legume
    Speaking of flip flops, Rittenhouse ran away and then heeled to Trump in record time. Funny how quickly TFG called him a murderer.  That's awkward.
    Not a felon
  • JohnInCarolina

You know what I do remember in particular?  You saying you were leaving this forum, several months back.  

There are two types of people in this world.  Those who do what they say they’re going to do, and… everyone else.  

• TechsasJim

You know what I do remember in particular?  You saying you were leaving this forum, several months back.  

There are two types of people in this world.  Those who do what they say they’re going to do, and… everyone else.  

You’re absolutely right and I did.   3ish months I did leave.  

WTH is your point?    

Why are you arguing with me on a bbq forum when you’re on vacation with your family?    Priorities…🤷‍♂️

btw, I am one of those liking your vacation pics.   I love Alberta.   Drink a Caesar at breakfast tomorrow.  
  • JohnInCarolina

• JohnInCarolina

WTH is your point?    

Why are you arguing with me on a bbq forum when you’re on vacation with your family?    Priorities…🤷‍♂️

btw, I am one of those liking your vacation pics.   I love Alberta.   Drink a Caesar at breakfast tomorrow.  
    Oh I see, your forum vacation wasn’t permanent! You just told everyone you were leaving for a little while, in case anyone missed the pics of your garage.  My bad.  

We are taking a break from all the hiking and sightseeing.   Everyone else is napping, so … here I am.  It’s not like this takes much energy. Some of us can walk and chew gum at the same time.  How about you?  Don’t you have family to hang out with or some kind of a business to run?
  • TechsasJim

WTH is your point?    

Oh I see, your forum vacation wasn’t permanent! You just told everyone you were leaving for a little while, in case anyone missed the pics of your garage.  My bad.  

We are taking a break from all the hiking and sightseeing.   Everyone else is napping, so … here I am.  It’s not like this takes much energy. Some of us can walk and chew gum at the same time.  How about you?  Don’t you have family to hang out with or some kind of a business to run?
    Yes sir I have both and I’m doing them both right now.    Food on the egg I’m managing and taking work calls on my phone.   

I’m no “ME” but I too can multi task.  

As for the pics of my garage, I get it.    At least you paid attention.  So I did reel someone in, that was you.   Most other folk wouldn’t have given a rip.  

I won’t bring up your vacation again.   Honestly, I overstepped and I do apologize John.  
  • JohnInCarolina

WTH is your point?    

Yes sir I have both and I’m doing them both right now.    Food on the egg I’m managing and taking work calls on my phone.   

I’m no “ME” but I too can multi task.  

As for the pics of my garage, I get it.    At least you paid attention.  So I did reel someone in, that was you.   Most other folk wouldn’t have given a rip.  

I won’t bring up your vacation again.   Honestly, I overstepped and I do apologize John.  
    No need to apologize I didn’t take any offense whatsoever.  Seemed like a perfectly reasonable question to me.

If you’re Egging something you should post it up!  This is a bbq forum after all!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,315
    This is fun, but I’m not learning much.

unfortunately our politics are full of people we all don’t like for various reasons.  I wonder if the Presidential candidates have always seemed like bottom of the barrel.

Kamala has that Obama air about herself and I suspect it will carry her to victory.  So little is know about her because old racist Joe didn’t actually want her around.  So we haven’t gotten to see how she would govern.

That is to her advantage.  I, personally, cannot speak to her chanclas because I think learning, evaluating, investigating, and adjusting one’s position is important.  Things change.  People change. Situation change.

If you never learn or adjust and just keep doing the same thing every day, the world will leave you behind.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• JohnInCarolina
    This is fun, but I’m not learning much.

unfortunately our politics are full of people we all don’t like for various reasons.  I wonder if the Presidential candidates have always seemed like bottom of the barrel.

Kamala has that Obama air about herself and I suspect it will carry her to victory.  So little is know about her because old racist Joe didn’t actually want her around.  So we haven’t gotten to see how she would govern.

That is to her advantage.  I, personally, cannot speak to her chanclas because I think learning, evaluating, investigating, and adjusting one’s position is important.  Things change.  People change. Situation change.

If you never learn or adjust and just keep doing the same thing every day, the world will leave you behind.
    I have said it before here and I will say it again: it is a mistake to focus on the personalities of the candidates running, when what matters are the policies they’re likely to enact.  And those are really far more easier to predict.
  • DoubleEgger
    When has a VP ever governed? FWIW, her hands were pretty tied up having to sit around breaking tie votes in the Senate. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Of course a lot of the votes cast in 2020 were votes for “not Trump” instead of for Biden, and we might very well see that again this cycle.  

• DoubleEgger
    Legume said:
    Speaking of flip flops, Rittenhouse ran away and then heeled to Trump in record time. Funny how quickly TFG called him a murderer.  That's awkward.
    Well that didn’t last long.