Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

TWO WORDS: MOBILE VERSION

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,037
    If you can identify all motorcycles in this picture, mobile view has been restored:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,171
    paqman said:
    I'm building a business website right now.  With Wordpress and other similar programs, making a mobile version is super simple.  Literally a click and then adjust a few default settings.

I think the Buffalo just doesn't want to do it.  Maybe it is malicious compliance because the mothership has upset her 
    If you are using Wordpress, make sure to keep it updated and to change all default passwords.  I would also avoid using too many “cool” plugins.

Personally, I would avoid running a business website using Wordpress.  It has a long history of critical vulnerabilities…

I would use a static site generator like Jekyll, not as easy to use/setup but easy enough.
    Thank you for the heads up.  It is hosted via GoDaddy and they are responsible for all the updates and security patches.  Not sure if that helps or hurts.  Last time I built a website was in 1995.

This will also be a mostly informational website.  Not using any WooCommerce plug-ins.  Sticking to Blocksy, Elementor, and an IDX Plug-In.

No sales via the site, just a contact form.

Again, this is all new and I appreciate the info.  I will dive in a bit more on the security aspects.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    I once had one of my cousins of the opposite sex touch me in a place I dare not describe, and whisper GoDaddy like three times. I wasn't a daddy at the time so I totally didn't know where to go. Now that I have kids, I would know where to go. 
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    If you can identify all motorcycles in this picture, mobile view has been restored:

Its a trick!  There are no motorcycles in that picture...
    Clinton, Iowa

• Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JohnInCarolina
    Langner91 said:

Its a trick!  There are no motorcycles in that picture...
    I may have to revisit my claim that this test will work.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,965
    Wouldn't it be fun if the new improved mobile version displays a member's post count followed by dislike count?  
    canuckland
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,800
    Wouldn't it be fun if the new improved mobile version displays a member's post count followed by dislike count?  
    :rofl:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,759
    Day 111 without mobile version………
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    ColbyLang said:
    This is like a Form Quarantine...
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • JohnInCarolina
    ColbyLang said:
    Moses crossed the desert faster than this.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,546
    And didn't somebody part the Red Sea around that time??  B) Old here, but missed that performance. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited August 2023
    Picked up my daughter and her friends from school.  They had a whole conversation using pronouns in a manner I did not understand.  I do not know if the girls were discussing a large group, a single person, people, or an object.  The use of "it", "they", "them" was very confusing for my old brain.  Made following along very hard because my brain hitched at every odd use.  It was like learning a foreign language where you mentally replace the word with your native language word because you cannot think in terms of the foreign language.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,546
    Pronouns- A Venus-Mars thing...been pushing that rope for decades with no progress or endpoint in sight. 
    Especially a challenge when SWMBO launches into a conversation w/o any pre-alertment as to the pronoun owners.  I continue to die on that "who or what TF are you talking about" hill.  Try the reverse play and be ready to get hammered.  No win for sure. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    lousubcap said:
    Pronouns- A Venus-Mars thing...been pushing that rope for decades with no progress or endpoint in sight. 
    Especially a challenge when SWMBO launches into a conversation w/o any pre-alertment as to the pronoun owners.  I continue to die on that "who or what TF are you talking about" hill.  Try the reverse play and be ready to get hammered.  No win for sure. 
    It’s hard, but very minimally listening via nodding and muttering “umm-hmm” now and then will usually get you through it unscathed as long as long as there isn’t a pop quiz at the end of the session.  But it’s a zero sum game, indeed.
    Picked up my daughter and her friends from school.  They had a whole conversation using pronouns in a manner I did not understand.  I do not know if the girls were discussing a large group, a single person, people, or an object.  The use of "it", "they", "them" was very confusing for my old brain.  Made following along very hard because my brain hitched at every odd use.  It was like learning a foreign language where you mentally replace the word with your native language word because you cannot think in terms of the foreign language.
    It's actually encouraging that they were being vocal with each other.  Years ago we (my last GF and I) had to pick up her son and his friend after doing something bad (them) (can't even remember) and while she was scolding them in the back seat they were texting each other and smirking every so often.  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• A1_on_A5
    A1_on_A5 Posts: 24
    I thought we were gonna get some titties up in here?
    Medium BGE
    Somewhere in NC
  • Canugghead
    Botch said:
    It's actually encouraging that they were being vocal with each other.  Years ago we (my last GF and I) had to pick up her son and his friend after doing something bad (them) (can't even remember) and while she was scolding them in the back seat they were texting each other and smirking every so often.  
    Didn't know there was texting Botch years ago, just funnin' with ya on a Friday night  B)  
    canuckland
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,025
    Didn't know there was texting Botch years ago, just funnin' with ya on a Friday night  B)  
    I actually still don't know how to do that, although I have successfully replied to a text.  

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,949
    This is revelatory.  I rely on a chap to bring me selected pages, printed and bound, daily.  I had no idea the the computing machine played a part.  
    I am told our telephone does not have a television screen in any case.

Small point of order, the instructional film about road safety for cyclists is quite short.  I can't help but notice the rider is ill-attired and would need to fall in a very specific manner to be afforded any protection from that outfit.  Is more detail available? 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    CPFC1905 said:
    This is revelatory.  I rely on a chap to bring me selected pages, printed and bound, daily.  I had no idea the the computing machine played a part.  
    I am told our telephone does not have a television screen in any case.

Small point of order, the instructional film about road safety for cyclists is quite short.  I can't help but notice the rider is ill-attired and would need to fall in a very specific manner to be afforded any protection from that outfit.  Is more detail available? 

I only get printed and folded daily.  You get bound pages!  I am jealous!

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,044
    I get all updates in desktop layout...on my phone.
    Not a felon
  • Canugghead
    Activity level seems to be as low as at Greeneggers before it went kaput?  :s
    canuckland
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,044
    Activity level seems to be as low as at Greeneggers before it went kaput?  :s
    Hold my beer.
    Not a felon
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,800
    To boost forum activity, maybe this Friday will see a thread-titled "What are you peanut-buttering tonight?"

I wonder if it will last longer than the thread I started about the KJ deal.... before it gets lewd and lascivious!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • A1_on_A5
    A1_on_A5 Posts: 24
    What’s the difference between peanut butter and jam?
    Medium BGE
    Somewhere in NC
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,025
    edited August 2023

• A1_on_A5 said:
    A dog won’t lick jam off your mangina.
  • REB17
    REB17 Posts: 159
    A1_on_A5 said:
    A dog won’t lick jam off your mangina.
    How do you know? 
    LGBE-1999, MBGE-2003, SBGE-2007

Midlothian, VA
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    A dog will lick jam off of almost anything. My sister Beulah sat on a jam jar once and  it went up her giant behind and then broke. The dog licked her massive eel shaped perineum for like seven days, and Beulah giggled like a schoolgirl for most of it. 

Dogs are weird. I gave my dog some of my wife's food once, we were both sitting at the table, and the dog scarfed it down, walked about twenty feet, than it started licking it's ass. My wife asked why it was doing that, and I told her it was trying to get the taste out of its mouth.