Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

TWO WORDS: MOBILE VERSION

Comments

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,496
    Since the Buffalo is clearly not reading this thread, figure it is a free for all .....

It’s on a minivan, probably not technically wrong. At least for one. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    I'm confused ,..... you think.just because a Buffalo isn't reading a thread you should post pictures of the back of a car. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,025
    I'm missing the message in that toyota's license plate.  :c

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• Ybabpmuts
    Obviously Rea lives in two teepees. She probably has her reasons. Maybe she has two families or maybe the top of her head is perfectly shaped like the underside of two teepees, and she's being paid to just stand there and keep two teepees worth of families dry
  • Ybabpmuts
    We might never know
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,171

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    I now spend about 14 seconds/week on this forum.    Never think about it on the iPad, iPhone viewing is worthless and when I'm my laptop it's always for work...unless I find a free 14 seconds during lunch, like now.

until next week...
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,210
    im using the phone more with the desk top feature than before with mobile, for some reason im not fat fingering the keys and post links like before even if i leave the screen tiny. the touch fields must be bigger in desk top....
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Wooderson
    Wooderson Posts: 370
    I know my usage is waaaaay down from normal.   Desktop is a pain to use on mobile
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,759
    We went from a couple of weeks to now a couple of months…….
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited August 2023
    I'm building a business website right now.  With Wordpress and other similar programs, making a mobile version is super simple.  Literally a click and then adjust a few default settings.

I think the Buffalo just doesn't want to do it.  Maybe it is malicious compliance because the mothership has upset her 

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,037
    I'm building a business website right now.  With Wordpress and other similar programs, making a mobile version is super simple.  Literally a click and then adjust a few default settings.

I think the Buffalo just doesn't want to do it.  Maybe it is malicious compliance because the mothership has upset her 
    I suspect Hanlon’s razor applies here.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited August 2023

I suspect Hanlon’s razor applies here.
    My favorite razor.  It makes me laugh, then cry, then attempt to educate, which in turn makes me frustrated.

• JohnInCarolina
    Starting to think the two words start with an F and a Y and rhyme with Duck Boo.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Starting to think the two words start with an F and a Y and rhyme with Duck Boo.
    https://komodokamadoforum.com/

• Change is hard. Especially the older you get.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,756

If you are using Wordpress, make sure to keep it updated and to change all default passwords.  I would also avoid using too many “cool” plugins.

Personally, I would avoid running a business website using Wordpress.  It has a long history of critical vulnerabilities…

I would use a static site generator like Jekyll, not as easy to use/setup but easy enough.

this place is really getting slow.....not slow enough though......GET OFF MY DESK TOP
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,044
    Snowflake thread.  Use desktop site on phone.
    Not a felon
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,596
    Guess we need to have a special counsel look into this travesty.....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,500
    Guess we need to have a special counsel look into this travesty.....
    They could just give a couple of us access to the admin side and we'd have it back up in a jiffy. lol
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,800
    caliking said:
    I think the 2 words the esteemed leaders have for you/us, start with a Fu, and end with an ff.

"How do we drive our online presence to our social media outlets, where the bearded influencers reign supreme, and get rid of the crazy cooking nutjobs on the stepchild aka eggheadforum.com? " 

I was close.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Frankly just a mention once in a while of “hey guys sorry this is taking so long but we’re still working on it” would go a long way.  Instead we’re being treated like red-headed stepchildren.  

OK, maybe that’s actually appropriate…
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,965
    just pay the hacker
    canuckland
  • Frankly just a mention once in a while of “hey guys sorry this is taking so long but we’re still working on it” would go a long way.  Instead we’re being treated like red-headed stepchildren.  

OK, maybe that’s actually appropriate…
    Dwindling participation, outages that last days or a week, requests to admin that never get acknowledged, moving OT to a separate location.  This may be it.  
        I used to check the forum constantly, now it only gets a few posts a day, what’s the point in checking back? Mfers used to peace out because of controversy, now I think they are checking out because of boredom.  I don’t think admin gives a hoot about this place or it’s members frankly.  
     All good things have to come to a end I suppose, I hate I joined so late.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• I bet if people went back to posting shenanigans on main page there would be a bump in activity. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    I bet if people went back to posting shenanigans on main page there would be a bump in activity. 
    There’s only one way to find out…
  • HogFather
    HogFather Posts: 260
    I bet if people went back to posting shenanigans on main page there would be a bump in activity. 
    There’s only one way to find out…
    Don’t threaten me with a good time!
    Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • JonWesson
    JonWesson Posts: 164
    @The_Buffalo mights be quiet quitting.        being at corporite very ruff life
    large small and mini all in legal proceedings but i can use them for now no more, all gone                                                                                                                        usa somewhere on the road
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    https://komodokamadoforum.com/
    That place is jumpin'!  Six posts in the past 24 hours and four of those in "Non KK Cooks" sub-forum.

Maybe they need an off-topic category?
    Clinton, Iowa