Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

TWO WORDS: MOBILE VERSION

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,025
    edited August 2023
    I think I can insert this thought right here, so no individual thinks its directed at them exclusively; it's not.
    There is a hell of a lot of moaning and bitching about a convenience feature of a basically Free service we all enjoy, trying to be fixed (as I've mentioned before) by some guy for whom this is probably a secondary duty, and he/she probably has no background in website management or IT (I've been there).  
    Seeing some temp changes, recently, shows us this guy/gal is trying.  Maybe just lighten up, a bit?  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,037
    Langner91 said:
    Langner91 said:
    I especially liked the "block egghead" feature.  I tried setting a filter so I only saw "BBQ related posts" and *poof* it went back to this.
    Was there a setting to only view “non-bbq related posts”? Cuz I’m in if there is. 
    Unfortunately, the only way to get only "non-bbq related posts" is to block everyone except @Ybabpmuts and @JohnInCarolina.
    Motheflipper, I post more cooks than you do.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,171
    Botch said:
    I think I can insert this thought right here, so no individual thinks its directed at them exclusively; it's not.
    There is a hell of a lot of moaning and bitching about a convenience feature of a basically Free service we all enjoy, trying to be fixed (as I've mentioned before) by some guy for whom this is probably a secondary duty, and he/she probably has no background in website management or IT (I've been there).  
    Seeing some temp changes, recently, shows us this guy/gal is trying.  Maybe just lighten up, a bit?  

Excuse me sir.  This is a BBQ forum.  We excell at taking things too serious, and burning stuff down.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker

The stroke must be yours, I wrote it on the forum kind of without thinking about it, as I usually do, prolly back in 2008-ish timeframe.

• Ybabpmuts
    Yikes wrong thread I think
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,089
    edited August 2023
    The mobile update is cooking at the rate of good bbq. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• The Buffalo pulled it saw it wasn’t done and put it back on the grill. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,171
    The Buffalo pulled it saw it wasn’t done and put it back on the grill. 
    Do you do a toothpicks, bend, poke, jiggle,or temp test?

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Ybabpmuts said:
    Yikes wrong thread I think
    you were saying? 😂
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Ybabpmuts
    I might be confused for the first time ever. 
  • Botch said:

Excuse me sir.  This is a BBQ forum.  We excell at taking things too serious, and burning stuff down.
    Agree with both. The forum is better when it’s a complement to eggfests and other get togethers.

Maybe it will get back to that someday but for now just compare the post counts complaining about mobile versus the responses to eggfest roll calls. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Botch said:

I don’t think asking for a periodic update is all that unreasonable.  The last one we received was more than a month ago, when we were told it would be fixed “soon”.  You don’t need any expertise to let us know where things stand, right?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,210
    ...but it is fixed
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Probably the best argument against complaining is that it’s obviously not making any friggin difference.  We are being summarily ignored by management.
  • JohnInCarolina

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    I've been lucky to me on my laptop so far this week so I have visited more frequently...but with this I can see the site has gone way down regarding quality of shenanigans and buffoonery.

A proper mobile site would help, possibly, resuscitate it...however that may not be the owner's goal these days...
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • fishlessman
    ive waited longer buying a vehicle...cold ketchup in a bottle must drive some nutz =)
    fukahwee maine

• ive waited longer buying a vehicle...cold ketchup in a bottle must drive some nutz =)
    Wait until you guys hear how long it has been since my hog got tugged.
  • Ybabpmuts
    My hog has to be tugged every day. Its head is slightly bigger than the opening it needs to go through every morning, we did that on purpose to gauge how big my hog head gets over time, but I'll be honest, sometimes I wake in the morning and I wish my hogs head was smaller to make tugging it easier.
  • Ybabpmuts
    Alternatively, we could make the pen opening bigger, but then we wouldn't know when its head was getting bigger. A conundrum for sure
  • JohnInCarolina
    Guys I think I finally tracked down The Buffalo:

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,025
    Guys I think I finally tracked down The Buffalo:

That car has had some extensive modifications to do that.  I'm assuming it was his first.... uh, rodeo?  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• Wonder if the excrement dripping down the back of the car (visible at 0:35) was part of his plan, or if he just thought the bull would demonstrate better manners. Can see why the bull’s name features “doody”. 
  • Ybabpmuts
    Could he not have driven down the road with a regular bull? You go all friggin watusi on the sitch and you're surprised you're being pulled over? WTH?  Always start with a small bull and work your way up to the watusi, common sense.
  • Ybabpmuts
    This guy went right to the watusi. He deserves what he gets
  • fishlessman
    so we now have a name for the buffalo....some one call bge and ask to speak to howdy doody =)
    fukahwee maine

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,965
    edited August 2023
    the cop (or caller?) called it a cow  =)
    canuckland
  • fishlessman
    been awhile, how do i turn desktop back on my desktop
    fukahwee maine

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,044
    Depends, 386 or 486?
    Not a felon
  • fishlessman
    Legume said:
    Depends, 386 or 486?
    Well my 286 is dedicated to run a tape drive machining center.....so there's that.  Need pics....
    fukahwee maine