Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friday night and the EggHead Forum option of the forum choices is eerie quiet- I need to get a life!

1171819202123»

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,851
    edited October 19
    If this isn’t satire, we should all just give up.  It even includes a Russian male enhancement honey peddler.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-watch-maker-investigation-wyoming-b2631311.html

” Now, the watchmaker's origins are in question after CNN tried to track downthe company behind the devices. They aren't based in Switzerland, but their address returns to a strip mall. In Wyoming. Next to an HR&Block and a Wendy's.

Even the address for TheBestWatchesOnEarth LLC was questioned by CNN's report. The address the watchmaker listed is a daycare. It's also the same address used by a lobbying firm that represents Montenergo's Government. The location is also tied to an LLC that sells male enhancement honey.”

I, for one, am shocked that the former President is pimping watches made by a company with sketchy credentials.  
    We all know what this sham is about and it’s definitely not a quality watch. 
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,788
    If this isn’t satire, we should all just give up.  It even includes a Russian male enhancement honey peddler.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-watch-maker-investigation-wyoming-b2631311.html

” Now, the watchmaker's origins are in question after CNN tried to track downthe company behind the devices. They aren't based in Switzerland, but their address returns to a strip mall. In Wyoming. Next to an HR&Block and a Wendy's.

Even the address for TheBestWatchesOnEarth LLC was questioned by CNN's report. The address the watchmaker listed is a daycare. It's also the same address used by a lobbying firm that represents Montenergo's Government. The location is also tied to an LLC that sells male enhancement honey.”

I, for one, am shocked that the former President is pimping watches made by a company with sketchy credentials.  
    What is it about?

edited October 19
    paqman said:

What is it about?
    It’s about people paying for access to the former President without having to deal with those pesky campaign finance laws. The cash goes straight into his pocket and doesn’t have to get laundered through his hotels and golf courses like regular campaign cash. 
  • paqman
    paqman said:

What is it about?
    It’s about people paying for access to the former President without having to deal with those pesky campaign finance laws. The cash goes straight into his pocket and doesn’t have to get laundered through his hotels and golf courses like regular campaign cash. 
    Thinking the same, at 100k$ for some of the models, I can’t help but think that it is an easy way for let’s say the government of ???Egypt??? to give him « brown bags » of money;  10 watches, here is your million $.

edited October 19
    paqman said:
    paqman said:

What is it about?
    Thinking the same, at 100k$ for some of the models, I can’t help but think that it is an easy way for let’s say the government of ???Egypt??? to give him « brown bags » of money;  10 watches, here is your million $.
    You can buy a watch with crypto so it’s ripe for overseas influence. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,320
    paqman said:
    paqman said:

What is it about?
    I do not remember a race this far apart ever.  This has landslide written all over it.

They would be better off  continuing to pay-off Biden and start their monthly Harris deposits than throwing any money at Trump.  He is a 3rd time loser at this point.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,729
    paqman said:
    paqman said:

What is it about?
    I do not remember a race this far apart ever.  This has landslide written all over it.

They would be better off  continuing to pay-off Biden and start their monthly Harris deposits than throwing any money at Trump.  He is a 3rd time loser at this point.
    @Ozzie_Isaac- Surely you are kidding at this juncture.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,092
    While I will not do politics ever , we can all agree to disagree… being a bit of a gambler I will take the friendly landslide wager 5% being normal 10% mid range and 20% being landslide I’m game for a friendly wager , I’ll start the bidding at 10k deposited in your account and you do the same, funds released on the outcome 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 20
    lkapigian said:
    While I will not do politics ever , we can all agree to disagree… being a bit of a gambler I will take the friendly landslide wager 5% being normal 10% mid range and 20% being landslide I’m game for a friendly wager , I’ll start the bidding at 10k deposited in your account and you do the same, funds released on the outcome 
    To be on-topic, this wager should be in rubles.  By landslide, I mean more than 87K votes in the swing states.  I would say 6% of the popular vote.

• paqman
    If you guys are talking about Canadian Tire money, I’m in!

I see your Canadian Tire Money and put all my Nortel Stock and investments in too!!

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,103
    Shouldn't you be betting with crypto or tough guy NFTs ?
    Not a felon
  • Getting an early jump on things. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,126
    edited October 25
    Possible Fun Friday Fight:  Bringing food on a plane?

A man opened a can of tuna on a flight. The internet gasped.

Hannah Sampson October 25, 2024 at 8:00 a.m. EDT

Ally Jaksen was trying to sleep on a morning flight from Anchorage to Seattle last month when her seat neighbor busted out a controversial breakfast: a can of tuna. He ate it with a fork. He made little cracker sandwiches with it.

“It felt too odd and crazy to even be real,” said Jaksen, 26, who travels two or three times a month. “I’ve literally never seen anything like this.”

A content creator, Jaksen turned her experience into a TikTok that has gotten more than 1.8 million views — and plenty of opinions. She made her own thoughts clear in the video, writing: “Canned tuna on the plane gotta be up there in terms of crimes against humanity.”

A search of social media shows that Jaksen has company: Many travelers have posted their horror about a seatmate’s tuna meal. Some have bashfully admitted to being the fish-consuming passengers themselves. One woman posted a video of herself eating a tuna sub from what appeared to be the lavatory on her plane with the explanation: “It was starting to smell, you guys. I’m in the middle seat.”

In the volumes of writing that have been dedicated to flying etiquette, the verdict is clear: Eating pungent, messy food — with tuna sandwiches a prime example — is usually considered a faux pas. (As The Washington Post wrote last year: “If your cat likes it, consider it a no.”)

National etiquette expert Diane Gottsman, owner of the Protocol School of Texas, said that because there are no official rules against bringing odoriferous foods on a plane, “it’s really up to us as courteous passengers to make good decisions.”

Foods like tuna and egg salad generally have a strong smell and should be finished before boarding a plane, she said. After hearing details of Jaksen’s flight, Gottsman declared the practice of eating tuna directly from the can or assembling mini sandwiches “so disrespectful on so many different levels,” because the diner is turning the plane into his kitchen.

“So bad. That is a no,” she said. “That’s going to protocol prison.”

Passengers seated near someone consuming those foods could ask a flight attendant about switching seats. Confronting the passenger who is chowing down could be tricky and lead to an uncomfortable flight, Gottsman said.

“It should not be up to fellow passengers to ask you to put your food away,” she wrote in an email, before digging into the issue on a phone call. “It might start an onboard argument, and that’s why it’s best to ask assistance from the flight attendant if the smell is really bothersome or you are allergic.”

Flight attendants — or at least two specific ones who happen to be married to each other — are divided on the topic.

Rich Henderson, who runs the Two Guys on a Plane blog and social media accounts with his husband, Andrew, said in a message that he believes heavily scented foods, colognes and other odors do not belong on planes.

“Anything that would smell strongly in a confined shared space and could potentially disturb other passengers is a no in my book!” he wrote.

His husband, Andrew Henderson, had a different take. He loves to bring tuna to work as an easy meal.

“Honestly there are so many offensive smells on an airplane sometimes, so if it’s not tuna fish then it’s probably someone with their shoes off or some other smell,” he said in a message.

Jaksen, who gained a TikTok following with cooking videos from her “kathroom,” or kitchen-bathroom area in New York City, said she actually likes tuna. And she is not without sin: She recalls the time she and her boyfriend brought hot wings from John F. Kennedy International Airport’s Buffalo Wild Wings on a flight, after they ran out of time to eat them before boarding.

“That is a one-time occurrence and will never happen again,” said Jaksen, who lives in Denver. She did not show the tuna-and-crackers man’s identity and said he did not ask whether it was okay to eat the food, which she described as “a little smelly.”

Comments on her video came out largely opposed to the man’s snack choice; several people shared their own stories of fellow passengers eating hard-boiled eggs, dried sardines, Slim Jims or fried fish.

Some, however, praised tuna as a quality protein choice. At least one pointed out that the can appeared to be a premade Bumble Bee tuna salad with a less-offensive smell than regular fish. (A home test of the brand’s tuna salad revealed an odor.)

“I think overwhelmingly it was more so like, ‘Oh my God, get him on the no-fly list,’” Jaksen said. “Obviously, that’s a joke.”

"When small men begin to cast big shadows, it means that the sun is about to set."

- Lin Yutang

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,126
    edited October 25
    My worst experience was a twelve-yr-old kid with a 3-lb bag of Corn Nuts™; he chewed with his mouth open and was a mouth breather.  To this day I gag at the sight of them (Corn Nuts) (Corn Nuts and kids)  

Haven't taken a single flight since retiring, and I don't miss it at all.   

"When small men begin to cast big shadows, it means that the sun is about to set."

- Lin Yutang

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 12,015
    Be thankful it wasn't Surströmming  =) 
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,103

I must've missed that episode of shark tank.
    Not a felon
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,391

Obituary for Robert Adolph Boehm

Robert Adolph Boehm, in accordance with his lifelong dedication to his own personal brand of decorum, muttered his last unintelligible and likely unnecessary curse on October 6, 2024, shortly before tripping backward over "some stupid mother****ing thing" and hitting his head on the floor.

Robert was born in Winters, TX, to the late Walter Boehm and Betty Smith on May 6, 1950, after which God immediately and thankfully broke the mold and attempted to cover up the evidence. Raised Catholic, Robert managed to get his wife Dianne pregnant (three times) fast enough to just barely miss getting drafted into the Vietnam War by fathering Michelle, John, and Charlotte between 1967 and 1972. Much later, with Robert possibly concerned about the brewing conflict in Grenada, Charles was born in 1983.

This lack of military service was probably for the best, as when taking up shooting as a hobby in his later years, he managed to blow not one, but two holes in the dash of his own car on two separate occasions, which unfortunately did not even startle, let alone surprise, his dear wife Dianne, who was much accustomed to such happenings in his presence and may have actually been safer in the jungles of Vietnam the entire time.

While the world was in conflict elsewhere, Robert made due by learning to roof, maintain traffic signs with the City of Amarillo, and eventually becoming a semi-professional truck driver—not to be confused with a professional semi-truck driver.

With peace on the horizon, Robert's attention somewhat counterintuitively drifted to weapons of war, spanning the historical and geographical spectrum from the atlatl of 19,000 BC France, to the sjambok of 1830s Africa, to the Mosin-Nagant M1891 of WWII-era Soviet Union. So many examples of these mainstream hobbyist items litter his small Clarendon, Texas, apartment that one of them may very well have been the item referenced in his aforementioned eloquent final epitaph.

A man of many interests, Robert was not to be entranced by historical weapons alone, but also had a penchant for fashion, frequently seen about town wearing the latest trend in homemade leather moccasins, a wide collection of unconventional hats, and boldly mismatched shirts and pants.

Robert also kept a wide selection of harmonicas on hand—not to play personally, but to prompt his beloved dogs to howl continuously at odd hours of the night to entertain his many neighbors, and occasionally to give to his many, many, many grandchildren and great-grandchildren to play loudly during long road trips with their parents.

Earlier this year, in February, God finally showed mercy upon Dianne, getting her the hell out of there for some well-earned peace and quiet. Without Dianne to gleefully entertain, Robert shifted his creative focus to the entertainment of you, the fine townspeople of Clarendon, Texas. Over the last eight months, if you have not met Robert or seen his road show yet, you probably would have soon.

We have all done our best to enjoy/weather Robert's antics up to this point, but he is God's problem now.

Robert's farewell tour will be held Monday, October 14th, at 10 a.m. at Memorial Park Funeral Home, 6969 E Interstate 40 Hwy, Amarillo, TX 79118. The family encourages you to dust off whatever outdated or inappropriate combination of clothing you have available to attend. A tip jar will be available in the front; flowers are also acceptable.

Donations can be made to: https://www.gofundme.com/f/honoring-robert-adolph-boehm?attribution_id=sl:09cd56e4-6b25-4d92-8360-3da0145af76e&utm_campaign=man_sharesheet_dash&utm_content=amp8_t3&utm_medium=customer&utm_source=copy_link

To send flowers or a memorial gift to the family of Robert Adolph Boehm please visit our Sympathy Store.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA

• Which weight are you on, Ozzie?
  • Ozzie_Isaac

Which weight are you on, Ozzie?
    Graduated to Kilograms.  Donating this to Goodwill.

• This is disgusting, but the comment gave me a laugh. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,729
    Friday night rolling in reasonably hot at this hour.    Canned tuna on a plane reminds me of the rule "no fish food warmups in the company microwave." The micro juiced fish definitely propels the flavour (nod) into the ventilation system.  Nothing further to offer.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac

• Ozzie_Isaac

• zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 253
    Thanks Ozzie - I will now never unsee that :)

~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,109
    Some random guy
    @nolaegghead that’s terrifying. Be careful of randos with trays of poppers. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle