Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Pictures of Pets (2023)

Comments

• It looks like there’s a dash of pointer in the mix.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380

Probably just the right time for some of you to submit pix for the 2025 calendar!

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• There's no other time than now that I wish I had a dog that loved to poop in the most beautiful places.
  • I have a question for dog lovers. I recently moved into an apartment that doesn't allow dogs, however my internist (one of my many, many doctors) gave me a note that states I need an emotional support animal. I'll be totally honest, I'd hate to pull that on my new landlord, but the law does favor it, I actually think by Ma law he can't legally deny it. Also, I really think I could benefit from a dog, something to take care of and keep my occupied, and the unconditional love etc etc. I would get a small rescue dog, because a big one would probably pulled me over and break my bones. I'm stuck trying to decide ..
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,016
    Do it, don't feel bad.  It happens all the time, you'll probably just need to put a pet deposit down.  
    Not a felon

• "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • I probably should. It'd force me to get out and move a bit more than I do now, which is probably good. Actually, I shouldn't feel bad about my landlord. I was here for two weeks and called him to tell him I didn't have a key for the mailbox. I expected him to call me back, so I went and hung out at the lake behind my complex, I came back about two hours later and in my kitchen was my mail, and the key. Then the guy left me a message saying he did me a favor and brought my mail inside, and said something along the lines of. " looks like you're still settling in"

I couldn't friggin believe it. I rattled off a text to him stating the illegality of entering my home without a written 24 notice in.Mass I also rattled off the only reasons he's allowed to even come in even WITH a 24 hour notice, barring an emergency, and even the term emergency  has boundaries in the law, which I pointed out. He never responded to that. He's an old man and he's old school, and I feel bad in that sense but as I told him 

You may own this property, but this is my home, and you just letting yourself in is not only illegal, but creepy as hell. Then I went over the law nonsense above

I'm getting a rescue dog for sure.
  • I'm also putting in cameras in case A$$nuts comes back in. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,998
    edited September 2023
    Little pup and big boy. 

Such a happier pic than the previous one, looks like they've reached a comfortable détente.  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Young dog decided to tear all of the stuffing out of old dogs bed today. If bitter apple spray doesn't work I have ghost pepper hot sauce in the cabinet.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    Young dog decided to tear all of the stuffing out of old dogs bed today. If bitter apple spray doesn't work I have ghost pepper hot sauce in the cabinet.
    an old shaker of cayenne pepper dusting stopped my last dog. chair legs, table legs etc. never touched them again. supposed it could be made into a spray

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,322
    Ybabpmuts said:
    I have a question for dog lovers. I recently moved into an apartment that doesn't allow dogs, however my internist (one of my many, many doctors) gave me a note that states I need an emotional support animal. I'll be totally honest, I'd hate to pull that on my new landlord, but the law does favor it, I actually think by Ma law he can't legally deny it. Also, I really think I could benefit from a dog, something to take care of and keep my occupied, and the unconditional love etc etc. I would get a small rescue dog, because a big one would probably pulled me over and break my bones. I'm stuck trying to decide ..

@Ybabpmuts - Before you proceed too far, I suggest researching the differences between a Service Animal and a Emotional Support Animal.  SA's have a number of legal protections, ESA's not so much.  Unfortunately for those with a true need, many people abused the ESA designation.  Thus they are not accommidated as widely as in the past.  Commercial airlines are the most blatant example here.
    Good luck on your quest and I applaud your leaning towards a rescue dog.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,998
    Dobie said:

That  is a fantastic photo!  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446
    Botch said:
    Dobie said:
    That  is a fantastic photo!  
    She’s been mesmerized by Predators series on Nextflix. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • My brother in law has three dogs, two yellow labs and one golden retriever. One of the labs will stop, sit and stare at the TV, anytime a dog is on the screen. I've never seen it before but if the dog is going across the screen he tracks it. Sometimes they'll put on Lucky Dog to keep him occupied on Saturday mornings. Until I saw that, I had idea dogs could watch TV.
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    Apparently the Disney show "Bluey" is a shade of blue dogs can decipher.    Not sure but it's what my wife told me so she puts it on for the pup while we are gone.
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • fishlessman
    my dogs been watching the outdoor life network OLN.  7 PM  the racoon come out, 5:30 AM they go home.
    fukahwee maine

• No pics but we had some Otto excitement today.  He appeared to be digging at something over in the woods at the edge of our fence, but he was acting kind of strange.  The wife and I were both out with him and she wandered over to take a look.  She said “I think he found a dead turtle” and got closer and then suddenly yelled out - she’d gotten stung by some kind of hornet or wasp!  I think Otto got stung too but he seems to be OK.  The wife on the other hand is not amused - she got stung right on her face just on the cheek, and it’s pretty painful.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,016
    No pics but we had some Otto excitement today.  He appeared to be digging at something over in the woods at the edge of our fence, but he was acting kind of strange.  The wife and I were both out with him and she wandered over to take a look.  She said “I think he found a dead turtle” and got closer and then suddenly yelled out - she’d gotten stung by some kind of hornet or wasp!  I think Otto got stung too but he seems to be OK.  The wife on the other hand is not amused - she got stung right on her face just on the cheek, and it’s pretty painful.
    This thread is for pictures, John.
    Not a felon
  • I got stung in my torso by two yellow jackets while I was on a short ladder fixing the lights on one side of the garage, like maybe two years ago. I couldn't believe how much it hurt and also how long it hurt for. I'm not a wimp, I deal with pain every single day, but that was a lot more painful than I thought it should be for a bee sting. I can't imagine getting stung in the face by one. 
  • That's me ... slowly becoming self aware... wasp style .. 😬

There were no bum comments or Beulah references, or games of itchy in the ditchy, it was just pure innocent "I got stung in the torso, while on a ladder and it hurt like hell" type of story.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,224
    Not sure if it’s an old southern wives tale or not, but we always used tobacco “juice” on bee stings growing up. I always had an uncle or 4 around who chewed tobacco. I actually did have a wasp sting me on the bum once when I sat down on one as a kid. Most recently a wasp got me behind the ear.  I swear I felt that one for 30 minutes straight. The tobacco does seem to ease the pain a bit. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,124
    edited September 2023
    Dyal_SC said:
    Not sure if it’s an old southern wives tale or not, but we always used tobacco “juice” on bee stings growing up. I always had an uncle or 4 around who chewed tobacco. I actually did have a wasp sting me on the bum once when I sat down on one as a kid. Most recently a wasp got me behind the ear.  I swear I felt that one for 30 minutes straight. The tobacco does seem to ease the pain a bit. 
    I find chewing tobacco spins my head and makes me nauseous.  So then I would have severe pain from the sting, vertigo, and be puking.  I think I'll pass.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Dyal_SC said:
    I find chewing tobacco spins my head and makes me nauseous.  So then I would have severe pain from the sting, vertigo, and be puking.  I think I'll pass.
    You could ask your wife to chew the tobacco and then spit in your face.  She might like that?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    have had two incidences with a hundred bites and one close to that.  the last one my german shepard got into it with a neighbors dog, banged into some plywood leaning against the abandoned house next door. i was forced into the lake in a swarm like some old cartoon.  bees bite under water so that didnt work....first time i stepped into the ground about knee deep into a nest, second time a big paper ball type nest broke loose and hit the ground right next to me. its only funny when you think back.... really glad i have no allergy with them
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    zeroing in on a few litters, looks like the pup maybe born this year. naming convention would be U.  Leaning towards Uptown POACHER. Poacher being the call name. could be ULTRA, my current dog GORDIE'S TRIPP was sired by ULTRA de Plum Creek. i like poacher though, brittanies are thieves
    fukahwee maine