Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Biggest Loser

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,011
    This is a recent family photo of tfg.  But, WTFF happened to Barron?!?

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• Botch

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,008

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,333
    What is the difference between a tip and a gift?  There is a threshold at which point gifts are taxable, internets say more than $18k/yr.  Seems to me that makes your standard deduction 18k instead of 14.6k.  Not seeing where that saves much for the taxpayer.  Am I missing something?
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,608
    For a lot of servers tips are the majority of their income. One reason that I tip in cash instead of card. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,608
    Botch said:
    This is a recent family photo of tfg.  But, WTFF happened to Barron?!?

He did grow very tall but I don’t think it’s more than 6 foot 6 inches. I suspect photo shenanigans but you’re the photographer guy?
  • Botch
    edited August 15
    ^^^ I suspected a 'chop too, but have no real way to tell unless someone has six fingers.  

EDIT:  Correction, six fingers is an indication of an AI image; "off" lighting or poor borders are indicative of a 'chop.  

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,946
    edited August 15
    Another trademark performance from the man yesterday.  'I will make things cheaper, by order - and she laughs funny'

In unrelated news, someone advised me years ago that if you can not work out who the donkey in the room is - during a meeting, it's probably you.   
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • JohnInCarolina
    Just saw that the Trump campaign has brought back Corey Lewandowski and 😂😂😂
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    From The Hill:

Trump, at his Thursday press conference in New Jersey, said the Presidential Medal of Freedom, a civilian award, is “the equivalent of the congressional Medal of Honor,” adding that the civilian version is “actually much better.”

“Everyone [who] gets the congressional Medal of Honor, they’re soldiers. They’re either in very bad shape because they’ve been hit so many times by bullets or they’re dead,” the former president added.

If there were no borders, I would still vote for Harris-Walz.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,513
    CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina

• JohnInCarolina
    A reminder that it’s never the wrong time to do the right thing:

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,031

I like presidents that aren't insecure about everything.
    Not a felon
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,702
    Legume said:

I like presidents that aren't insecure about everything.
    Trump said that Kamala looked like Melania on the cover of Time Magazine. Now he claims that he is better looking than Kamala. One could infer that Trump is claiming that he is better looking than his wife. 
  • Botch
    :Thumb's-up!:  
    In the last couple days there's been a prominent R mayor in AZ, and a former R Governor of GA, who have done the same.  Sadly, the few remaining repubs in Congress who maintained their Oath, and a backbone (Kitzinger, Buck, Cheney, Romney (others?)) are either gone or en-route.  

• lousubcap
    A new 3-2 majority on the Georgia State Election Board, which sets voting rules in one of the swing states for the U.S. presidential election, “has approved a host of rules on certifications and investigations backed by right-wing election activists who claim, falsely, that the 2020 election was stolen” from Trump. Nick Corasaniti reports for the New York Times.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina

• Botch
    edited August 21
    From this morning's WaPo:

Among the more eyebrow-raising speakers Tuesday night at the Democratic National Convention was a former Trump administration official: Stephanie Grisham, who previously served as press secretary to Donald Trump as well as chief of staff to first lady Melania Trump.

In brief remarks at the beginning of Tuesday night’s programming, Grisham first laid out her Trump bona fides: She wasn’t just a supporter of the former president, she said, but “a true believer” and one of his closest advisers.

“The Trump family became my family. I spent Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s at Mar-a-Lago. I saw him when the cameras were off,” Grisham said.

Grisham claimed that, behind closed doors, Trump mocked his supporters as “basement dwellers” and once, on a hospital visit, he was upset that cameras were focused on intensive care unit patients rather than on him.

“He has no empathy, no morals and no fidelity to the truth,” she said. “He used to tell me, ‘It doesn’t matter what you say, Stephanie. Say it enough, and people will believe you.’”

Grisham said her last straw was the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection, when a pro-Trump mob overran the U.S. Capitol seeking to stop the certification of Joe Biden’s electoral win. The violent attack resulted in the death of five people, including a police officer and a woman shot by police. Two other officers who were on duty that day later died by suicide, and more than 100 officers were injured.

“On Jan. 6, I asked Melania if we could at least tweet that while peaceful protest is the right of every American, there’s no place for lawlessness and violence. She replied with one word: ‘No,’” Grisham said. Behind her, an image of the alleged text conversation flashed on a screen.

Grisham said she became the first senior Trump staffer to resign that day because she “couldn’t be part of the insanity any longer.” There would be several more Trump staffers who cited the Capitol attack as reason to quit the administration.

Grisham said Tuesday she was advocating for a Democrat at the convention because she loved her country more than her party.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945

Given his hands are closer to the camera, the distance (length) is less than the width of the tie, no? (nod @botch)
    canuckland
  • JohnInCarolina

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,702

Great way to attract the independents he needs to win. It’s almost like he’s trying to lose at this point. 
  • lousubcap
    What a F-cktard.  Anything to garb the spotlight and anything to focus the base.
    CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint.
    CHEETO is really running scared right now.  
    Vaseline and sope on a rope are not his fancy!

• Botch

Sure wish someone, anyone, would ask him Live why he didn't pardon them all somewhere between Jan 7th and Jan 20th....

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,333
    edited August 23
    MAGA Medals of Freedom to be awarded to the "defendants" at the Sep 5th gala?  Those that were injured or died, unworthy of the honor?
    *edit to add: Maybe Harris/Walz should hold a gala on the same date, honoring the "plaintiffs" of Jan. 6.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • JohnInCarolina

• JohnInCarolina