Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Biggest Loser

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,008
    There’s always a tweet:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,513
    When on a sinking ship, grab anything that floats.
    CHEETO is scared $hitless.  He loses and he could see jail time.  
    Let's finish the job!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina

• JohnInCarolina

• lousubcap
    CHEETO doesn't give a F about anyone but him. Here's a link to a good read to frame the F'tard:
    Why CHEETO hates the military-insecure and only cares about CHEETO-  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,011

Gawd, that pic is SO DISGUSTING!!!   

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• JohnInCarolina
    Botch said:

I’d like to know why Arlington allowed itself to be used for a campaign photo op.
  • JohnInCarolina

• JohnInCarolina
    Botch said:

I’d like to know why Arlington allowed itself to be used for a campaign photo op.
    Well this explains it:

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,031
    I know this isn't the investing thread, but I've been quietly acquiring ketchup stocks that past few weeks.
    Not a felon
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,608
    Well he does like it on his desecrated burnt steak.
  • lousubcap
    I am hoping CHEETO is never again allowed to toss ketchup in any White Hose location.  What a F'Tard.  
  • JohnInCarolina

• Botch
    Legume said:
    I know this isn't the investing thread, but I've been quietly acquiring ketchup stocks that past few weeks.

• lousubcap
    edited August 29
    The latest article commenting on the F'Tard and Alrington:

Charles Sykes (The Atlantic)

CONTRIBUTING NEWSLETTER WRITER 

On Monday, Donald Trump visited the Arlington National Cemetery to honor the memory of 13 fallen service members. What happened next was a reminder of how little the former president understands about service, sacrifice, and heroism.

On Monday, Donald Trump visited the sacred ground of Arlington National Cemetery, where many of America’s war dead are buried, and posed for photos. In the strangest of these pictures, the former president is smiling and giving a thumbs-up by the grave of a Marine. It’s an image of a man who has no idea how to behave around fallen heroes.

Trump was at Arlington ostensibly to honor the memory of the 13 service members who were killed in a suicide bombing during the chaotic final days of the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan. The event was supposed to be respectful and private; according to a press-pool note, the families of the troops had asked that there be no media coverage in the area where the service members were buried. But Trump seemed to have other ideas.

According to a report by NPR, Trump’s campaign staff got into a verbal and physical altercation with a cemetery official who tried to stop campaign staffers from filming and taking photographs in the area of the cemetery reserved for recently fallen soldiers. The cemetery confirmed that an incident took place on Monday but did not provide any details, instead noting in a statement that federal law prohibits “political campaign or election-related activities within Army National Military Cemeteries.” The Trump-campaign spokesperson Steven Cheung said in a statement that “there was no physical altercation as described,” and added in a post on X that Trump had been allowed a private photographer on the premises. But in his statement, Cheung also accused the cemetery official who’d tried to block Trump’s staff of “clearly suffering from a mental health episode.”

It’s hard to see Trump’s Monday visit as anything but a campaign stop intended to court the military vote. Speaking to a group of National Guard members in Detroit later that day, he blamed President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris for the failures of the Afghanistan withdrawal. By now, Trump’s use of the military as a prop for his own ends should surprise no one. Despite his vigorous avoidance of military service, Trump has a long history of denigrating the service of others, even as he poses as a defender of the nation’s military. As a candidate for the Republican nomination in 2015, he mocked Senator John McCain’s status as a prisoner of war. “He’s not a war hero,” Trump said at the time. “I like people who weren’t captured.”

Later, as president, he told his then–chief of staff John Kelly that he didn’t want “any wounded guys” in his planned Independence Day parade: “This doesn’t look good for me.” Recently, he suggested that the civilian Medal of Freedom is “actually much better” than the military’s Medal of Honor, “because everyone gets the Congressional Medal of Honor, that’s soldiers, they’re either in very bad shape because they’ve been hit so many times by bullets, or they’re dead.”

But Trump is especially out of place around the nation’s fallen troops. As reported by The Atlantic’s editor in chief, Jeffrey Goldberg, Trump went to Arlington Cemetery with Kelly on Memorial Day 2017 and visited the gravesite of Kelly’s son Robert, who had been killed in Afghanistan. Standing next to the former Marine general, Trump said: “I don’t get it. What was in it for them?” In 2018, Trump canceled a visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery, near Paris; as Jeffrey reported, Trump told staff members that the cemetery was “filled with losers.” Trump also “referred to the more than 1,800 Marines who’d lost their lives at Belleau Wood as ‘suckers’ for getting killed,” according to Jeffrey’s reporting.

Jeffrey’s story is very much a sore spot for a candidate who wants to wrap himself in the flag. Trump has denied the reporting, but it was confirmedto CNN by Kelly: “What can I add that has not already been said? … A person that thinks those who defend their country in uniform, or are shot down or seriously wounded in combat, or spend years being tortured as POWs, are all ‘suckers’ because ‘there is nothing in it for them.’ A person that did not want to be seen in the presence of military amputees because ‘it doesn’t look good for me.’”

Kelly went on to corroborate other details in Jeffrey’s article. “God help us,” he concluded.

Monday’s wreath-laying at Arlington was, in part, Trump’s attempt to clean up the mess he has created, and to establish some credibility as a champion of men- and women-at-arms. But in the end, it merely served to remind Americans how little he understands about service, sacrifice, and heroism."

• JohnInCarolina
    Just saw that Tulsi Gabbard has joined Trump’s transition team, after RFK Jr. announced he’d be part of it too.

Really an all-star team he’s assembling here, huh?
  • Botch
    Just saw that Tulsi Gabbard has joined Trump’s transition team, after RFK Jr. announced he’d be part of it too.

Really an all-star team he’s assembling here, huh?
    Actually a pretty strong team, considering his A-listers are mostly in prison.   =)  

• JohnInCarolina

• JohnInCarolina

• lousubcap
    And further to the above with CHEETO and ANC;

Army says Arlington National Cemetery staffer was pushed

The Army defended the employee at the center of a dispute with the Trump campaign, which had traveled to the cemetery grounds for a wreath-laying ceremony Monday.

© AP

The Army said the employee was trying to enforce rules prohibiting the cemetery grounds from being politicized when the altercation ensued.

But the employee was "abruptly pushed aside" during the ceremony, the Army said.

While a police report was filed, the Army said the employee did not want to press charges, and the case was closed.

However, the Army said the incident was "unfortunate" and the staffer's “professionalism has been unfairly attacked.”

The cemetery is “a national shrine to the honored dead of the Armed Forces, and its dedicated staff will continue to ensure public ceremonies are conducted with the dignity and respect the nation’s fallen deserve,” the spokesperson said.

NPR first reported Tuesday that two members of Trump's campaign staff had gotten into an altercation with an employee at Arlington National Cemetery.

Trump was there on the three-year anniversary of the Kabul airport bombing with Gold Star relatives of the 13 U.S. servicememberswho died in the 2021 attack amid the U.S. exit from Afghanistan.

Trump campaign spokesperson Steven Cheung said in a statement this week that they were given permission to film and disputed that a staffer had been pushed.

Cheung said the staffer was “clearly suffering from a mental health episode,” while another Trump campaign official called the person a "despicable individual."

Trump's running mate and vice presidential nominee, JD Vance, also claimed there was "verifiable evidence" that a photographer was allowed at the ceremony.

Richard Kohn, a civil-military relations expert and professor at the University of North Carolina, told The Hill that Arlington National Cemetery is the "crown jewel" of the military cemetery system. He called the Trump team's conduct "disturbing" and "disgraceful."

Trump "has no inherent understanding of the military, of its historic effort to avoid being associated with domestic and partisan politics, and he doesn't care," Kohn said.

Several veterans groups, mostly Democratic-leaning ones, also slammed Trump for the move, which centered on Section 60 of the cemetery. That section hosts the remains of Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans and is considered a sacred and solemn ground. 

Allison Jaslow, CEO of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, said her visitation of Section 60 is topay respects to the fallen and "to also humbly remind myself that I am one of the lucky ones who made it home from war."

“There are plenty of places appropriate for politics - Arlington is not one of them,” she said in a statement.

What a F' Tard. How can you be so tone-deaf?  Short answer-CHEETO.  

• lousubcap
    The meltdown continues-

Trump campaign knocks Fox News after polling shows Harris lead in battleground states

by Dominick Mastrangelo - 08/29/24 10:18 AM ET

Former President Trump’s campaign is attacking Fox News after the network released polling this week showing him trailing Vice President Harris in several key battleground states ahead of November.

“It’s that time of year again. Fox is releasing atrocious polling,” the campaign said in a statement Thursday. “President Trump continues to outperform polling from past cycles.”

“President Trump is 10 points ahead of where he was in Arizona at this point in 2020, according to Fox. Likewise, he is running 8 points ahead of his 2020 polling in Nevada and 5 points ahead of his 2020 polling in North Carolina,” it added.

The statement was in reference to a poll released Wednesday showing Harris ahead in three of the four key Sun Belt states — Arizona, Georgia and Nevada — and with an overall lead of 1 point. In previous Fox News polls, President Biden was trailing Trump in all of the four states in head-to-head match-ups.

Trump has relentlessly attacked the outlet for months over its coverage of him, though he has regularly appeared for interviews with several of the conservative media giant’s top hosts and pundits.

The former president was irate with the network on election night in 2020, over a relatively early race call for Biden in Arizona, which sparked complaints from Trump’s close allies directly to Fox’s senior leadership.

The GOP nominee has also suggested that he and Harris participate in a debate on Fox News, a pitch the Harris campaign has not agreed to. Instead, the two candidates are expected to go head-to-head Sept. 10 in a debate moderated by ABC News.

How sweet it is!

CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint!

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,702
    Just laying the foundation for the Big Lie 2.0 
  • JohnInCarolina

• JohnInCarolina

Sure.
  • lousubcap
    Just fueling the acolytes who would need the glass plate insert into their abdomen so they could see where they are going with their head up their a$$.  And the band plays on.  
  • JohnInCarolina

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,745

paqman said:

That's too many bristles and there's no ear notch.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,702
    Deep Thoughts by Donald J Trump

“You take a look at bacon and some of these products. Some people don't eat bacon anymore. And we are going to get the energy prices down. When we get energy down — you know, this was caused by their horrible energy — wind, they want wind all over the place. But when it doesn't blow, we have a little problem.”