Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Biggest Loser

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,031
    Legume said:
    havent seen dog eating since obama ate hitlers dog fluffy.....
    Ya gotta help me out here @fishlessman - what does this even mean?

stike clipped an old nazi movie years ago and re-edited it with forum members. hitler was told that his dog fluffy ran away and that his collar was outside the gate. was damn funny. pretty sure the dogs name was fluffy
    I remember that one, thought it was Cazzy though, but I didn't remember the dog.
    Not a felon
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,011
    From the mouths of Babes...

https://youtu.be/X9xkHXqW2fk?si=fsw2RkQh1I-hLDLx

(note that the middle 1/3 of this video is an ad)  

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,702
    JD stands for “Just Dumb” 
  • DoubleEgger
    dbCooper said:
    Taylor Swift endorsed Harris after the debate, hoping all the Swifties agree and head to the polls.

This could easily swing some battleground states. 
    “Let’s start out with what we know about Swift’s post. More than 330,000 people were redirected to Vote.gov from Swift’s Instagram, as of 2 p.m. Wednesday, according to the General Services Administration, which runs the website.” 

• Botch
    Question of the Day: will this be a productive, or anti-productive, ad for the republican party in AZ?  

• Botch

(the flood of memes these last couple days have been highly amusing!)  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,513
    From Robert Reich today 09/12):

"Friends,

I would not normally send you anything written by Karl Rove. I’ve always thought of Rove as the evil genius of the Republican Party. He worked for Richard Nixon and was senior advisor and deputy chief of staff to George W. Bush, where he became one of the architects of the Iraq War.

But the fact that Rove wrote the following piece in today’s Wall Street Journal reveals both what the Republican establishment thinks of Trump and the civil war now brewing inside the Republican Party. I thought you might find it as interesting as I did:

A Catastrophic Debate for Trump

Karl Rove

Tuesday’s debate between Kamala Harris and Donald Trump was a train wreck for him, far worse than anything Team Trump could have imagined.

Ms. Harris was often on offense, leaving Mr. Trump visibly rattled as she launched rocket after rocket at him. A New York Times analysis found she spent 46% of her time on the attack while Mr. Trump devoted 29% of his time to going after her. Debates aren’t won on defense.

Ms. Harris pressed Mr. Trump on the economy, the Ukraine war, foreign policy, healthcare, the Jan. 6 attack and especially abortion, leaving him flustered and often incoherent. In return, he criticized her on border security, climate change and the Israel-Hamas war.

Mr. Trump had to know the vice president would try to get him to lose his cool. She did. She went after him on his multiple indictments. She called him “weak” and belittled him as a six-time bankrupt, spoiled inheritor of wealth. She said his former national security adviser thought him, in her words, “dangerous and unfit” for the Oval Office.

As is frequently the case with Mr. Trump, he let his emotions get the better of him. He took the bait almost every time she put it on the hook, offering a pained smile as she did. Rather than dismissing her attacks and launching his strongest counterarguments against her, Mr. Trump got furious. As her attacks continued, his voice rose. He gripped the podium more often and more firmly. He grimaced and shook his head, at times responding with wild and fanciful rhetoric. Short, deft replies and counterpunches would have been effective. He didn’t deliver them.

Mr. Trump did a terrible job at his most important task—tying her to President Biden’s failed policies. He did an even worse job prosecuting the argument that she’s a far-left politician out of sync with America’s values. The Trump campaign’s mid-debate fact-check bulletins that flooded email inboxes were far more substantive and effective than his responses at the podium.

Mr. Trump’s failure wasn’t for a lack of material. He had plenty in the Biden-Harris administration’s record to work with, especially on inflation and the crisis at the border. In one of his strongest moments, he hit hard on the botched Afghan withdrawal. Even then, he got sucked into an argument about his administration’s negotiations with the Taliban.

There was no sustained, specific indictment of her record on almost any issue. Mr. Trump offered angry responses, pursed lips and eyes darting mostly down, seldom looking at her. And what was it with his makeup that left white circles around his eyes? This was his most important opportunity to make an impression of strength and relative stability.

Both candidates made significant misstatements. Ms. Harris said her opponent “left us the worst unemployment since the Great Depression” and Mr. Trump declared inflation under Biden-Harris “probably the worst in our nation’s history.” But his false statements far outnumbered hers by my count.

Mr. Trump had a great comeback to Ms. Harris’s agenda for change. She’s had 3½ years as vice president, he said, so “why hasn’t she done it?” But that was in his closing statement. It should have been the attack he started with, continually repeated, and closed with, undercutting every new policy proposal she offered.

It matters how debating candidates carry themselves. There, it was no contest. Ms. Harris came across as calm, confident, strong and focused on the future. Mr. Trump came across as hot, angry and fixated on the past, especially his own. She mastered the split screen, projecting confidence and wordlessly undercutting him by smiling while shaking her head as he spoke.

Many undecided and swing voters will make up their minds less on any single issue than on their visceral reactions to the candidates. Ms. Harris did herself much good with that crowd Tuesday. Mr. Trump didn’t.

Even more voters wanted to learn something new and reassuring about the candidates in the debate. She provided them plenty, while he didn’t.

Trump enthusiasts will be upset that the ABC interviewers fact-checked the former president far more than they did Ms. Harris. Then again, he gave them plenty of material to work with—such as repeating the bizarre claim that Haitian migrants in Springfield, Ohio, are eating the pets of local residents. That was probably Team Trump’s lowest moment.

Will this debate have an effect? Yes, though perhaps not as much as Team Harris hopes or as much as Team Trump might fear. But there’s no putting lipstick on this pig. Mr. Trump was crushed by a woman he previously dismissed as “dumb as a rock.” Which raises the question: What does that make him?"

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    It was beautiful, wasn't it?  

• lousubcap

"The Judge overseeing the Georgia election interference case against Trump and others yesterday dismissed three counts in the indictment, including two counts brought against Trump, saying that they exceed the state’s jurisdiction. Judge McAfee allowed the rest of the case to move forward, including eight charges against Trump, out of the original 13. Kate Brumback reports for AP News; Max Matza reports for BBC News.

New York’s highest court yesterday rejected Trump’s appeal to lift the gag order in his hush money case. The ruling means Trump has exhausted his last option to dismiss the order, which bars him from commenting on prosecutors and court staff until his sentencing in November. Avery Lotz reports for Axios.

A federal appeals court rejected Trump’s request to halt post-conviction proceedings in his hush money case, leaving Trump’s sentencing on track for after the November election. Michael R. Sisak reports for AP News."

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • This seems like super smart strategy by Trump here:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,199
    And the assassin's keep coming.....
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • And the assassin's keep coming.....
    Sounds like people really don’t like the guy.  Who knew?!?!?
  • fishlessman
    And the assassin's keep coming.....
    That does not make it ok but......if you say so
    fukahwee maine

• And the assassin's keep coming.....
    That does not make it ok but......if you say so
    I didn’t say it did, you see?  Reading is fundamental…

• fishlessman
    Insanity at best
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,008
    edited September 16
    Insanity at best
    Yep.  The latest reports are that the shooter was a 2016 Trump voter and a gun nut (although those two things might be synonymous).
  • DoubleEgger
    edited September 16
    Sad to see Glass Joe turn to a life of crime. 

• lousubcap
    edited September 16
    Worth the read- (Edit in a feeble attempt to clean up the spacing)

Tom Nichols

STAFF WRITER 

Donald Trump is using another possible attempt on his life to inflame tensions in America, which is one more reason he should never be president again.

Not That Kind of Man

President Gerald Ford winces at the sound of a gunshot fired by Sara Jane Moore

Every American has the right to participate in public life without violence, and that includes Donald Trump. Personally, I think he probably belongs in jail, but that is a matter for the justice system. I also think he is easily the worst president in American history and one of the very worst people in our national life. But my feelings have no bearing on his rights or his safety. He is an American, and I want him to be treated fairly in court. He is my fellow citizen, and I want him to walk our streets without being in danger. He is a candidate for public office in the United States, and I want our government to ensure his safety—I am willing to be taxed to pay for his security.

If only Trump and his homunculus, J. D. Vance, cared as much about the safety of others as so many others care about theirs.

My colleague David A. Graham has already noted the misery that Vance is bringing down on his own constituents in Ohio, using hatred against immigrants to set neighbors against one another, a conflict that has led to the closure of schools and the lockdown of two hospitals. Vance is a product of such a working-class town, but in reality he is an utterly synthetic politician, a power-seeking drone who will do almost anything to further his political fortunes. In this case, he is casting the innocent people of Springfield, Ohio, in his own obscene little drama about migrant savages roaming the streets of the heartland trying to sink their teeth into Fluffy and Fido. Sure, it’s a pack of lies—Vance admitted on CNN that he and Trump are “creating stories”—but it’s all for the greater good, you see, of advancing the career of the Hillbilly Senator.

Trump, meanwhile, is turning the violence against him into fuel for more political hatred. In July, a young man—a loner with no obvious political agenda—tried to kill Trump in Pennsylvania, and almost did. And now another man is under arrest for a possible assassination attempt after being discovered near Trump’s golf course, apparently lying in wait for the former president. Once again, the suspect seems to be something of a weird loner who said on X that he voted for Trump in 2016 but in subsequent elections, according to federal campaign-finance records, began donating to Democrats. One might hope that these brushes with death would bring Trump a moment of reflection and, perhaps, even something like grace. But if Trump were capable of such a response, he wouldn’t be the man he is.

After the attack in July, Trump engaged in a self-indulgent ramble at the GOP convention, but he did not blame the Democrats; he left that for his surrogates in the party. This time, he’s not even bothering with any of that outsourcing and is instead using this latest incident to blame his political opponents, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, for putting him in danger. He also blames the justice system and the charges brought against him—charges in multiple venues that have been filed in the name of the State of Georgia, the People of New York State, and the United States of America—for encouraging others to try to kill him.

He posted this today on Truth Social and X, and I offer it here verbatim and in its entirety:

The Rhetoric, Lies, as exemplified by the false statements made by Comrade Kamala Harris during the rigged and highly partisan ABC Debate, and all of the ridiculous lawsuits specifically designed to inflict damage on Joe’s, then Kamala’s, Political Opponent, ME, has taken politics in our Country to a whole new level of Hatred, Abuse, and Distrust. Because of this Communist Left Rhetoric, the bullets are flying, and it will only get worse! Allowing millions of people, from places unknown, to INVADE and take over our Country, is an unpardonable sin. OUR BORDERS MUST BE CLOSED, AND THE TERRORISTS, CRIMINALS, AND MENTALLY INSANE, IMMEDIATELY REMOVED FROM AMERICAN CITIES AND TOWNS, DEPORTED BACK TO THEIR COUNTIES OF ORIGIN. WE WANT PEOPLE TO COME INTO OUR COUNTRY, BUT THEY MUST LOVE OUR NATION, AND COME IN LEGALLY AND THROUGH A SYSTEM OF MERIT. THE WORLD IS LAUGHING AT US AS FOOLS, THEY ARE STEALING OUR JOBS AND OUR WEALTH. WE CANNOT LET THEM LAUGH ANY LONGER. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

In other words, Trump is blaming two possible attempts to kill him on pretty much anyone who isn’t an open partisan on his side, and that includes Biden, Harris, me, and millions of other Americans.

Self-awareness is not part of Trump’s personality: He is complaining about overheated rhetoric while constantly spewing such rhetoric himself. He has called Harris various names, and he refers to everyone else he doesn’t like as “vermin” and “scum” and other insults. (Today he called the sitting president and vice president of the United States “the enemy from within.”) Many of Trump’s political opponents and public critics have been the targets of plots and threats, including a pipe-bombing campaign. At this point, with two apparent plots against him foiled, a more thoughtful person would consider what he could do to help turn down the temperature in the nation. But again, Trump is not that kind of man.

America, however, has had such leaders. Many of Trump’s supporters on social media, afflicted with short memories and a lack of historical awareness, seem to believe that the attacks on Trump are unprecedented. Two assassination attempts in about two months is indeed horrifying, but it is not unprecedented: In 1975, President Gerald Ford survived two such attempts in fewer than three weeks. One assailant was a woman from West Virginia named Sara Jane Moore. The other was an acolyte of the murderer Charles Manson, Lynette “Squeaky” Fromme. Both of them came within feet of killing Ford.

Ford was a decent man and an underrated president, and he certainly had enemies, especially after pardoning Richard Nixon. (Moore was obsessed with the Vietnam War and thought that assassinating Ford would spark a violent national revolution.) But he did not blame his opponents for the attempts on his life. He did not blame America, or the courts, or anyone else. He also did not use the attacks by Moore and Fromme to fundraise: Trump used his attacks to beat the bushes for money within a few hours. Instead, Ford acceded to the Secret Service’s request that he start wearing a trench coat with a zip-in Kevlar vest. (It was very uncomfortable and he disliked wearing it.) He then went back out in public and conducted a presidential campaign, which he lost.

Trump doesn’t deserve to be the target of violence any more than his opponents do, even if his own rhetoric has inspired multiple threats against public figures—and, of course, a seditious riot. We are a better country, and a better people, than Trump, and every good American citizen should insist on his protection and his safety. But he and Vance seem unable to insist on ours—a fundamental duty of elected officials—and this makes them unfit to hold any American public office."

• Legume

• Botch
    Oh, >snap!<  :rofl:  

• Botch
    This is easily the longest, and most exhausting, 18-minute video I've ever watched.  

https://youtu.be/gdstZDCCgAc?si=ekJ8BeN-Rg6rSP6N

• now now, don’t threaten me with a good time!

• DoubleEgger
    edited September 21
    Where are they going to go? Few countries would be willing to put up with Trump’s bvllsh!t. 
  • lousubcap
    Gotta be North Korea-his bestest buddy runs the place!
  • Legume
    I don't think we've had a family picture without kids spouses since they've married, same for me and my wife with our families once we were married. I guess Meconium gets to stay though.
    Not a felon