Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I honestly don’t know where to post this.

1303132333436»

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,224
    edited October 11

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,665
    @Legume- Appreciate the link although the message is very troubling and sad.  Critical Thinking is no longer required for the lowest common denominators of society.  The trend is not good.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,084
    @lousubcap John pointed me toward the movie idiocracy - it's from 2006. I finally watched it a few months ago and damn, Mike Judge spotted these trends back in 1996 when he started writing the movie and took them to one possible outcome.

On its face it's silly, and may have been received that way back in 2006. Now, it's still silly, but frightening at the same time, because we have moved along the same arc he predicted in the movie.

I read something recently that compared Orwell's 1984 vision of the future with Huxley's Brave New World version.  Google that and comparison and you'll see there are some truths in both. I think we lean more toward Brave New World in the US today, while other countries may be more 1984, but I think one begets the other, we could be more 1984 next year.
    Not a felon
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,089
    Congressman Byron Donalds, R-FLA, just praised trump’s threat to discontinue wildfire aid to CA because of their environmental policy of “not clearing away their underbrush, like they do in FL”.  Say wha?   

So the same people that think humans have no effect on climate change, now are convinced they control the weather?  

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,089
    This one hit the nail on the head, better than most.

https://youtu.be/LZr1hO1ynRM?si=e8eo2Skupr_IFaei

So the same people that think humans have no effect on climate change, now are convinced they control the weather?