Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,526
    Options
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,533
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Burgers done medium with fresh ground beef.  

Australian wagyu?
    Believe it or not, this was the result only of the reverse grip I was employing. The best burgers are always the messiest.
    Ah ha. Actually I sometimes hold my burgers upside down too, especially when the bottom bun is soaked.
    Sigh.  I'm way too far along in Life to learn this obvious "Duh!" trick just now ...   :s 
    Still, better late than never.  

"Tung Oil is derived from the Tung tree, but not from its tongue, but rather its nuts."  - Stumpy Nubs

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,735
    Options
    Eating burgers upside down, is the pro move. It has much to do with how the mandible articulates. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,201
    Options
    caliking said:
    Eating burgers upside down, is the pro move. It has much to do with how the mandible articulates. 
    I prefer AAA eating, burger on the bottom.  I want the burger as close to my tongue as possible.  No veggies or vegan junk between me and the beef.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,533
    Options
    caliking said:
    This is strangely unsettling, coming from a proctologist.   :o  

:tongue:

"Tung Oil is derived from the Tung tree, but not from its tongue, but rather its nuts."  - Stumpy Nubs

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,828
    edited December 2021
    Options
    A dozen of these little guys.  Showed up from Maine.  Very excited.

first year in along time i didnt buy those, prices never came below 8 bucks a pound and im not going to pay 8 bucks =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

first year in along time i didnt buy those, prices never came below 8 bucks a pound and im not going to pay 8 bucks =)
    Haha!  $8/lb in the middle of the desert is dream prices. Would love to have more ready access.  However, we do get TriTip for a lot less 😁
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • fishlessman
    Options

Haha!  $8/lb in the middle of the desert is dream prices. Would love to have more ready access.  However, we do get TriTip for a lot less 😁

cant even imagine what a tritip costs now, havent even gone looking for the past couple years cause the prices got too crazy. lobsters have been dropping to 5.50 a pound a couple weeks after the 4th, not this year though
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

cant even imagine what a tritip costs now, havent even gone looking for the past couple years cause the prices got too crazy. lobsters have been dropping to 5.50 a pound a couple weeks after the 4th, not this year though
    TriTip can always be found for 7.99/lb, but if you are willing to wait, we have regular prices down to $5.99, and I have seen it lower.  

I picked up some standing Rib Roasts last year for $4.99/lb.
  • fishlessman
    Options

TriTip can always be found for 7.99/lb, but if you are willing to wait, we have regular prices down to $5.99, and I have seen it lower.  

ive seen rib roasts down to 5.99 a pound, have you seen a large garbage barrel of lobsters for a hundred bucks delivered from the boat to your house =) tritips had been over 12 bucks a pound though. wish i didnt lose that lobster connection
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited December 2021
    Options

ive seen rib roasts down to 5.99 a pound, have you seen a large garbage barrel of lobsters for a hundred bucks delivered from the boat to your house =) tritips had been over 12 bucks a pound though. wish i didnt lose that lobster connection
    That would be amazing!  I paid $350 for the 12 I got ($24/lb).  I cringed, but it was part of a celebration for a friends successful start of a new business venture.  He is from Maine and missed being able to have live lobster.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    On a funny side note, my wife made the order.  She misunderstood the website and almost ordered a dozen dozen lobsters.  She called and asked if I really wanted to spend $4000! 🤣. Would have been a block party at that point.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,526
    Options
    The devil is in the details.  @Ozzie_Isaac - fortunately she asked!!!  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    The devil is in the details.  @Ozzie_Isaac - fortunately she asked!!!  
    Yup!  Kids would have been getting Lobster in their stockings this year.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,638
    Options
    It finally got cold.  Wife made a roasted butternut squash soup last night with a healthy dose of roasted onions, coconut milk, chipotles+adobo.  Just a little sweet and plenty of earthy heat.

She’s off and running again with soup today, no idea what it will be.

Nothing written down because that’s how she rolls with soup (graduate of the @caliking school of weights and measures) and no pics because, pics of soup - meh.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    On a funny side note, my wife made the order.  She misunderstood the website and almost ordered a dozen dozen lobsters.  She called and asked if I really wanted to spend $4000! 🤣. Would have been a block party at that point.

cooked it freezes well, a little under cooked and frozen for bisque is the way to go as it finishes cooking quickly
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @WeberWho - those look awesome!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    gmanrva said:
    Acn said:

Duck tonight.
    Wow, that is a treat right there. Waiting for money shot!!

Served simply with roasted butternut squash coated with a combo of rice vinegar, hoisin, sesame oil, and shallot.  Avoided a starch with dinner so we could gorge on popcorn while SWMBO and SWMBO Jr watched some ghastly Xmas movie and I read.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• caliking
    Options
    @fishlessman - those look delicious. What else went in 'em?

• caliking
    Options
    Legume said:
    It finally got cold.  Wife made a roasted butternut squash soup last night with a healthy dose of roasted onions, coconut milk, chipotles+adobo.  Just a little sweet and plenty of earthy heat.

She’s off and running again with soup today, no idea what it will be.

Nothing written down because that’s how she rolls with soup (graduate of the @caliking school of weights and measures) and no pics because, pics of soup - meh.
    Probably why it turned out so damn good =) The imprecise measurements add flavor, IMO.

It does sound delicious, though. 

• fishlessman
    Options
    caliking said:

ground beef, jimmydean sausage patties, the usual italian seasonings (garlic, thyme, oregano, sauted onions) red pepper flakes, worcestershire, the guts of the tomatoes, and alot of chopped spinach, used jasmine ricce and truffle gouda cheese.  we always make the stuffed tomatoes and use the guts and added sauce if necessary
    fukahwee maine

• caliking
    Options
    caliking said:

ground beef, jimmydean sausage patties, the usual italian seasonings (garlic, thyme, oregano, sauted onions) red pepper flakes, worcestershire, the guts of the tomatoes, and alot of chopped spinach, used jasmine ricce and truffle gouda cheese.  we always make the stuffed tomatoes and use the guts and added sauce if necessary
    Thanks. I might make these for a side some time. 

• Pook
    Pook Posts: 43
    Options
    man- there are a lot of great cooks on here. WOW!!!!