Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,681
    @nolaegghead, damn nice pasta
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • ColtsFan said:
    It’s our wedding anniversary. 4 lbs of King crab legs

Congrats. You’re having one of my faves. How many years?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,082
    In addition to the years-what's the adult juice of choice??
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,300
    Only been married for 1 year (11 years total) I’m stubborn like that. 😎 about to pour a Weller, @lousubcap
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    edited September 2021
    Any time anyone ever says that Guinness is “heavy”, ask them why it floats on Bass Ale. 

Lower specific gravity, and lower in alcohol.

It’s almost literally a lite beer, but one that actually has flavor and “mouth feel” (as the kids say these days).

also. Fun fact: Bass Ale is the original India Pale Ale (IPA).  All those extra hops, including dry, were stale. So that they didn’t add too much bitterness or aroma. 

That said, I’m a huge fan of the giant IPAs offered now. But we ought to remember what a “real” IPA is. 

Once obsessed about matching the chemistry of the water from Burton-on-Trent. Spoiler: makes no difference. 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    I love a good palate-wrecking IPA every once in a blue moon.
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • lousubcap
    Great bark on that brisket.  Congrats.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,777
    Wings.  Rubbed with SuckleBuster Chicken Rub.  Will be sauced with Sweet Baby Ray’s Sweet and Spicy with a little Datil Pepper BBQ Sauce mixed in. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,616

Inside skirt, peppers, & onions

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,616

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,777

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Last night, leftover enchiladas 
    Tonight, braised ribs and "clean out the fridge" veggies in wine, etc.
    Salmon cakes, rice, and chopped salad.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• lousubcap
    @Canugghead- Beautiful outcome.  You definitely have the entire process dialed in.  Congrats.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,407
    lousubcap said:
    @Canugghead- Beautiful outcome.  You definitely have the entire process dialed in.  Congrats.
    Thanks cap. After several attempts it's good to know there's no noticeable difference even with the process stretched out to almost three weeks, nice to have the luxury of flexible finish line. It's also the first time I monitored IT while steaming and recorded time taken.
    canuckland
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,704
    Also had sushi (ordered of course) and Adore pies. Blackstone grilled veg no pic.
    Edit: just realised we had Canadian, Japanese and Italian, but missing Indian and Chinese  :|
    Those pies look perfect!

Which dough recipe have you settled on?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.