Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,027
    lousubcap said:
    Back story- got on a tomatillo salsa kick many months ago- use hot (locally bought at a premium in fly-over land) smoked hatch chilis for the heat and flavor and every batch was quite tasty.  So much so that I exhausted my personal supply so ordered from the Hatch Chili Store- went with medium hot on the first go round.  Shoulda gone straight hot as the level of heat was not there.  

I buy a bushel of Hatch chiles every August, but this last September we had a wind-shear event (99 mph windspeeds here in the Terrace), I lost power for three days, and this year's bushel had to be tossed :bawling:  
    I can still buy a few chiles at a time at the grocer (think they're from CA) so I can get my fix, but I miss the convenience of having frozen chiles on hand.  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,186
    edited April 2021
    Pork Tenderloin stuffed with cornbread stuffing, carmelized onions, and dried apricots.  Not sure what to expect, but I have gotten bored with cooking lately.  Trying to mix it up.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• BigreenGreg
    BigreenGreg Posts: 589
    I made "Sam the cooking guy"'s favorite burger last night, it was delicious. Texted a few friends to let them know if I died overnight it was worth it. Sorry no pics, damn messy.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,801
    Came out ok.  Overdone by about 5 deg, but still tender.  Stuffing concoction paired nicely.  Need a bit more salt and pepper.

Looks good. I've never been able to figure out if I like apricots, or not. Should probably give them another chance. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,027
    Hot-smoked Salmon with tomatoes, noodles and special sauce.

I've read thru some of the hot-smoked salmon recipes here, they seem to go for 180 to 200 F, which I can't maintain on my Egg.  A recent Cooks Illustrated used 275, so I tried that today.  Cure was easy to remember, for each lb of fish, 1 Tblspn each of salt and sugar.  Sprinkle on, let set in frig uncovered for 4 hours, rinse and pat dry, then back into the frig uncovered overnight.  The surface was a bit tough, think I'll try 225 next time.  Alder smoke.  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Last night's smash burgers.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,593
    bucky925 said:
    Smoked these today.  Served with fresh romaine lettuce,  radishes and cherry tomatoes from my neighbors garden along with baked beans.
    Wow, those look nice ... clean, no sauce. Hmmm, I'm cooking ribs this weekend. What was your method (temp, times, direct/indirect/wrap)?
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    bucky925 said:
    Smoked these today.  Served with fresh romaine lettuce,  radishes and cherry tomatoes from my neighbors garden along with baked beans.
    Wow, those look nice ... clean, no sauce. Hmmm, I'm cooking ribs this weekend. What was your method (temp, times, direct/indirect/wrap)?
    One rack was going to a friend that helped me out last week. I didn't know what he liked so I slathered them with just brown sugar and olive oil.  Let them go for about 3 hours then foiled for an hour and finished them up with plain  honey.   Temp was in the 250 range and maybe eased up to 300 toward the end. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,130
    My favorite part of the beef rib! That meat close to the bone.

I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Tri tip
    Greensboro, NC
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,186
    I chef'd some SRF strips and Bob Evans mashed potatoes.  Just the oldest and me.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,497

Egg rolls. Nice call back. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Please tell us about the egg content of these bad boys. Also, how many did you eaten?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    When I sit and eaten last date was three.

We had some leftover inside stuff from the Sunday dinner party, so we made some and I fried them up with some freezer fries since I had the hot oil. 

Usually when I fire up the fryer I let my neighbors know, sometimes they throw something in the mix.
    @FarmingPhD - great spread going right there.  Some extremely lucky friends are gonna enjoy!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • 4TheGrillOfIt
    4TheGrillOfIt Posts: 741

XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,972
    Casting off the history of multi-generational magical beliefs and thought-reading omnipotent and vengeful wizards, I can eat anything I want, any time I want.
    ****.  i'm pretty far behind in reading.  glad to know i can come back and find balance and order here!

texaswigs pimiento sandwich looks ridiculous.  
    JIC jeeeeeezus that looks good
    lots of good cooks around here

4 pages to go...
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle