Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    @Canugghead

Keen criminal instinct there. 😉
    Haha, want to hear a true story?
    Way back when when I was a teenager back home, a cluster of retail stores downtown on a major street had this type of folding iron gate, with multiple locks and chain, as the only protection

I noticed the gate of the store adjacent to my dad's was poorly designed... the gaps were too wide for my liking AND stretchable. When I warned the adults they ignored me. Guess what, one night a skinny bandit slipped through, he was caught not long after though, selling the stolen goods on the sidewalk of the same street few blocks away 🤣
    canuckland
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options

One of my favorites. Pretty unique with its spearmint notes. Significantly better than their bourbon, and the bourbon ain’t bad. Well done!🥃
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

One of my favorites. Pretty unique with its spearmint notes. Significantly better than their bourbon, and the bourbon ain’t bad. Well done!🥃
    First time seeing it in the store here.  I’ve been appreciating the ryes more of late, so figured… why not?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    I am a fan of rye whisk(e)y.  Makes me speak fluent Canadian!

Clinton, Iowa
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    Man, this years willet family estate pick on the rye is like a Spearmint bomb! The $200 variety, not the $50 bottle
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,094
    Options
    I worked with an ex-locksmith in a machine shop for a number of years.  Locksport is fun hobby.  I usually get called a few times a year by friends to let them into their house.  I even helped a State Trooper get into his house.  I have learned that most locks are just deterrents and I can get in just a tad slower than a key.  If a person was very concerned they would get a Euro lock with one of their wicked keyways and pick resistant pins.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

Never tried their Rye.  I am not a fan of their bourbon, but might give this a try.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options

Never tried their Rye.  I am not a fan of their bourbon, but might give this a try.
    It’s twice the price of the bourbon but twice as good as well. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    My Combustion thermometer arrived this afternoon. Charging things up right now. Probably won't get around to playing with it for a few days tho I might just bake a potato to see how it works.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    My Combustion thermometer arrived this afternoon. Charging things up right now. Probably won't get around to playing with it for a few days tho I might just bake a potato to see how it works.
    Combustion Thermometer?  Bake a potato with it?  Consider my curiosity peaked.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    edited December 2022
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Combustion Thermometer?  Bake a potato with it?  Consider my curiosity peaked.

Well, perhaps not the best phrasing. While baking a potato, in the oven, I'll use the thermo to inform me of what is happening. Curious to see if the predictive aspect is of any real use.

It's one of these: https://combustion.inc/
    Preordered months ago and they finally started shipping this week.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Options
    Sorry, too lazy to fix what Vanilla does to my properly oriented photos
    Options

Nice. I grabbed a 10” skillet a few weeks ago to replace my egg skillet. Still prefer the All Clad but this has a place. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    ColtsFan said:

Nice. I grabbed a 10” skillet a few weeks ago to replace my egg skillet. Still prefer the All Clad but this has a place. 
    How’s it work for eggs?  I think centex said it was a little more “grabby” than Teflon (as pretty much everything is).  So use a lil oil?

I have an All Clad wok about the same size.  Works like you would expect, use plenty of oil because that SS will get sticky.
    Options
    I'm sure there probably are some positive reviews out there but I haven't seen a video review yet of the Hexclad pans where they weren't panned (so to speak).

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    ColtsFan said:

How’s it work for eggs?  I think centex said it was a little more “grabby” than Teflon (as pretty much everything is).  So use a lil oil?

I have an All Clad wok about the same size.  Works like you would expect, use plenty of oil because that SS will get sticky.
    It does seem a little more grabby, but it does fine. Always use a little butter with eggs. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Couple small Forloh items.   Belts and pants.   Si
    ple stuff that will make a difference down the road 
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    Casio G Shock Ignite watch.  Needed another field/rugged watch.   The Luminox is loosing luminescence.   
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Casio G Shock Ignite watch.  Needed another field/rugged watch.   The Luminox is loosing luminescence.   
    Which model?  I love the 2100 series watches, but pretty much any of them are cool.
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    Just the 1100 series.  I don’t wear watches that often so didn’t want to spend too much.  

I hate my Apple Watch (for every day use) and my Luminox field watch is fading so wanted something I could use for hunting, range sessions, ranch work etc.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Just the 1100 series.  I don’t wear watches that often so didn’t want to spend too much.  

I hate my Apple Watch (for every day use) and my Luminox field watch is fading so wanted something I could use for hunting, range sessions, ranch work etc.  
    Sweet, the 1100 is a great watch.
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac

thanks man, still wasn’t cheap but fills a void.  Haven’t had a G Shock in a while but looking forward to something rugged again.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I just bought this Fender Telecaster American Pro 2 in classic Butterscotch Blonde.

Is it "in stock" or do you have to wait?. That is beautiful.
  • 4TheGrillOfIt
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac Thanks!  This is a gently used 2020 model.  I was having trouble locating new ones that weren’t “b-stock.”   
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @4TheGrillOfIt

Nice. Congrats. What are you playing it through, and what kind of music?
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,365
    Options

In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,863
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @Canugghead

Keen criminal instinct there. 😉
    Haha, want to hear a true story?
    Way back when when I was a teenager back home, a cluster of retail stores downtown on a major street had this type of folding iron gate, with multiple locks and chain, as the only protection

I noticed the gate of the store adjacent to my dad's was poorly designed... the gaps were too wide for my liking AND stretchable. When I warned the adults they ignored me. Guess what, one night a skinny bandit slipped through, he was caught not long after though, selling the stolen goods on the sidewalk of the same street few blocks away 🤣
    Possibly missing the point here, but I am astonished that   @johnincarolina  isn't all over this image.  I reckon that's a photo taken in the UK and there are several tiled roofs visible. 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay