Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,431
    Options
    The Christmas sun has shined upon me. A fresh Weller 12 and a Widow Jane Lucky 13 fell into my lap 
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    I was just at the liquor store, they wanted $42 for Buffalo Trace and $48 for Weller.   🤦‍♂️
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I was just at the liquor store, they wanted $42 for Buffalo Trace and $48 for Weller.   🤦‍♂️
    Regular Buffalo Trace is always $26 around here. It’s about the only one that isn’t ridiculously priced. Heck one of the local stores wants 200 for KC12 and Peerless bourbon. The freaking Peerless is a young bourbon. It’s pretty good for a young bourbon but it’s decidedly overpriced at MSRP. I often buy these things at the high MSRP in order to support the smaller “boutique “ distilleries but come on man. I just don’t shop at that guys place unless it’s out of convenience. 🤦🏼‍♂️
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    just got out of the liquor store. the line was a good two hundred deep.....
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I hope they weren’t out of gin by the time you got inside!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    The drunkard to liquor store ratio is way outta whack. Sounds like opportunity. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    I hope they weren’t out of gin by the time you got inside!

they are getting low, the salem nh store only has 216 handles in stock. if they didnt run out of carriages i would have bought two more for new years.....
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,431
    Options
    CVS here has BT for $46.50….the Taters buying it like bottled water. Store one block away has it for $27
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    Our Wine&More is always 5 customers deep 4 lanes across.  Could be a Tuesday in May at 3pm.  That place is absolutely printing money.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Our Wine&More is always 5 customers deep 4 lanes across.  Could be a Tuesday in May at 3pm.  That place is absolutely printing money.
    I think it's the &More part.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Buffalo Trace is hard to find a mere 58 miles from the distillery. Gotta be secondary market pricing at $42 as @pgprescott has in the right price point.  Now Weller's (I'm guessing Special Reserve) at $42 is a bit of a reach but I would pay that if my current supply was getting low.  FWIW-
    And the personal flavour (nod) and price points of brown water ( and anything else) are all personal.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,082
    Options
    $45. for a 1.75L BT is usually available at a store in my area...

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Didn’t get free pizzas with it though, unfortunately. 
    Congrats @Battleborn for the ownership.  Just in time for the panic Xmas rush both in landing the home and the festivities.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Congrats!!  (Also, those wouldn't have been free.  They would have been rolled in and financed for 30 years).
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    Options
    Congrats! Dumb question for @nolaegghead and @paqman ... can a bad guy use this photo to 3D print some spare ones?
    canuckland
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Congrats! Dumb question for @nolaegghead and @paqman ... can a bad guy use this photo to 3D print some spare ones?
    Yes… very scary.  I literally tested it earlier this week with a new lock that I just installed and it works really well.

Options
    @Battleborn I was just curious and half joking, knowing nola and paqman are our resident 3D guys.

@paqman wow, learned something new, scary indeed.
    canuckland
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    @Battleborn I was just curious and half joking, knowing nola and paqman are our resident 3D guys.

That is interesting. I figured it could be done. Technology is crazy. Hopefully The Sticky/Wet Bandits aren’t monitoring an obscure bbq forum and get any ideas. Maybe I will go rekey the place in a few days. 

Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Don't need a fancy 3D printer. 

Edited to remove details, but I could send you a key that matches that.  Luckily, he is anonymous and this post will get lost so very low risk.  People post photos all the time.

Thankfully, most criminals are the smash and grab type.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited December 2022
    Options

That is interesting. I figured it could be done. Technology is crazy. Hopefully The Sticky/Wet Bandits aren’t monitoring an obscure bbq forum and get any ideas. Maybe I will go rekey the place in a few days. 

Honestly, rekeying isn't a terrible idea.  Not because this forum, but because all the subs with access during the build.

Some builders use a pretty neat setup that essentially removes the master key access once building is done.  Uses a special key.  It is pretty cool.  I don't know if that kwikset offers that.

From a risk standpoint, it is low.  Enjoy your house!
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options

Honestly, rekeying isn't a terrible idea.  Not because this forum, but because all the subs with access during the build.

Some builders use a pretty neat setup that essentially removes the master key access once building is done.  Uses a special key.  It is pretty cool.  I don't know if that kwikset offers that.

It was rekeyed when we took possession this afternoon. We have the tool as well, just have to buy the new kwikset keys if we want to do it again. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

It was rekeyed when we took possession this afternoon. We have the tool as well, just have to buy the new kwikset keys if we want to do it again. 
    Ah, cool.  Those Smartkeys are pretty sweet.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Battleborn

Congrats on your house!

Wouldn't the only risk of you having shared that key be if anyone here knows of your address? Even then, you are a trained police officer; I would think that’s a pretty good deterrent for anyone thinking they’ll try to access your home. Personally, I wouldn’t give it further thought. 

@Canugghead

Keen criminal instinct there. 😉
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Watch out! The talent on this forum can 3D print a key from your photo! 

(I couldn’t get this post to go through last night… i was just spitballing but now I know.)
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Duplicating keys is the hard way, those that really want to get in have tools to brute force those locks.

Options
    paqman said:
    Duplicating keys is the hard way, those that really want to get in have tools to brute force those locks.
    You don't need that either.  I had to call a locksmith a few years back to let me in; he pulled out his picks while I moved a chair off the front porch out of his way.  He was in the front door by the time I turned around.  

Amazoid had clear plastic "how to pick a lock" kits, was thinking about getting one during the early days of COVID, but I never did.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Botch said:
    paqman said:
    You don't need that either.  I had to call a locksmith a few years back to let me in; he pulled out his picks while I moved a chair off the front porch out of his way.  He was in the front door by the time I turned around.  

Amazoid had clear plastic "how to pick a lock" kits, was thinking about getting one during the early days of COVID, but I never did.  

The Lock Picking Lawyer vids on YouTube are always entertaining and concerning. It's both amazing and shocking how easy some locks are to pick open. But as they say, locks aren't meant to keep the really bad guys out.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk