Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• 4TheGrillOfIt
    Options
    Botch said:
    I’ve never played a baritone guitar.  Seems like they are pretty large.  My biggest is a Martin HD28.  Dimension wise and scale I wonder how they would compare?  What kind of music do you play on it?  I’m assuming with a capo you could play anything.
    I'm not a guitarist.  But, iirc, the acoustic guitar solos on Glenn Campbell's "Wichita Lineman" and "Galveston", were played on tenor guitar, bringing a special magic to those songs; a tenor guitar has a unique and beautiful place in the audio spectrum.  
    Did not know that. I’m a huge Glenn Campbell fan.  As a guitarist he had some serious chops.
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    Thinking about stocking up on meat before it gets even more expensive.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I'm thinking about selling some of our meat reserves at a lucrative meat market and cashing in on the "Lets go Brandon" appreciation of meat assets.
    Options
    I should take one for the team and buy a freezer and stock up right now.  That's the best way I know of to get meat prices to come down!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    I should take one for the team and buy a freezer and stock up right now.  That's the best way I know of to get meat prices to come down!

Make sure its a smart freezer!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,177
    Options
    Langner91 said:

Then Amazon can track what you have and let your health insurance company know so they can raise your rates.  Plus when someone in Atlanta cannot afford the meat, they can send someone to take it from you and send to the other person.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,818
    Options
    is 30 bucks a good price for a tritip, maybe i should stock up. the butcher went over and above and already sliced it into steaks for me. today they were pushing pasta with probiotic fiber, wth is that all about
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    is 30 bucks a good price for a tritip, maybe i should stock up. the butcher went over and above and already sliced it into steaks for me. today they were pushing pasta with probiotic fiber, wth is that all about
    Probiotic fiber is BS as a probiotic unless you eat your pasta raw.

Options

it made no sense to me but there it was....
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options

Maybe it's "Pre" biotic, or "Post" biotic, or even "Syn" biotic. The multitudes of BS are increasing.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Bullsh!t actually is a probiotic.  Truth.
    Options
    Pasta with squid ink and exogenous ketones is the best.
  • Legume
    Options
    Also gonna stock up on electricity since that’s also going to be a problem.  I found a great deal on expired, original ray o vac D cells at the dollar tree.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,456
    Options
    Legume said:
    Also gonna stock up on electricity since that’s also going to be a problem.  I found a great deal on expired, original ray o vac D cells at the dollar tree.
    Right next to the ribeyes?
  • Legume
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Legume said:
    Steak-umms
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options

FTFY

Bob

New Cumberland, PA

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Kayak said:

FTFY
    Probiotics are how gut bacteria gets in there.  Not like they evolve from a primordial soup in your gut. 

On another extreme, google fecal transplant.

Legume said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Legume said:
    Steak-umms
    Haven't thought of Steak-umms in a long while.  Used to eat them as a kid.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    Now I want to start a "Steak-umms...How I do it" thread!

Langner91 said:

No way!  I would be afraid my privacy would be breached as soon as I hid a body in it!  There are some things I won't compromise on.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    buy opaque bags, problem solved.
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Kayak said:

FTFY
    Probiotics are how gut bacteria gets in there.  Not like they evolve from a primordial soup in your gut. 

Probiotics as a commercial product are one species, whereas your gut bacteria are hundreds. The mfrs have zeroed in on just a few common species to sell as additives, and there is no evidence that any of them are particularly helpful to a problem you might be having. Should you be coming off a dose of serious antibiotics and need a new gut biome, then yes, fecal transplant is your thing.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Kayak said:
    Kayak said:

FTFY

Probiotics as a commercial product are one species, whereas your gut bacteria are hundreds. The mfrs have zeroed in on just a few common species to sell as additives, and there is no evidence that any of them are particularly helpful to a problem you might be having. Should you be coming off a dose of serious antibiotics and need a new gut biome, then yes, fecal transplant is your thing.
    Yeahhhh generally speaking.  Most all probiotics are mixes, but not nearly as diverse as poop by orders of magnitude.

I'll drop this food related bomb here, as good a place as any

Options
    and you are correct, there's little evidence to suggest any over-the-counter probiotic is helpful.  So it's like almost all of the other homeopathic crap they sell
    Options
    Kayak said:
    Kayak said:

FTFY

Yeahhhh generally speaking.  Most all probiotics are mixes, but not nearly as diverse as poop by orders of magnitude.

I'll drop this food related bomb here, as good a place as any

#titlewasallineeded
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,590
    Options
    Where is @fiber_induced_deuce when you need him🙄
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,177
    Options
    Where is @fiber_induced_deuce when you need him🙄
    @Lit was banned.  Maybe they killed his troll account too?
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    or @caliking a superhero when it comes to sh!tstorms...
    Options
    and you are correct, there's little evidence to suggest any over-the-counter probiotic is helpful.  So it's like almost all of the other homeopathic crap they sell
    Probiotic is the new antioxidant. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Legume
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Probiotic is the new antioxidant. 
    But will fecal transplant be the new superfood?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Weren’t we promised an Agree button for the holidays?  Well the holidays have come and gone my friends but here we are without an Agree button, AND I DON’T LIKE IT!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike