Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,218
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Last pieces of the puzzle were delivered, now they just get to take up room in my garage for a few months while everything is slowly built.

Previously looked like
    Learn about money

I wish I could disagree.  This little kitchen project is about 3x what I thought it would cost.  Outddoor kitchen stuff is like women's clothes.  The less there is, the more it costs.  I swear, they charge $1000 to cut the legs of a grill.  It is mind boggling.  I was in too deep before I realized the error of my ways.

I hope this serves as an object lesson for those who come after me.  Buy the Egghead Modular nest thingy and be happy, it may seem expensive, but it is actually very reasonable in the world of outdoor kitchen stuff.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,467
    Options
    Agreed. Wait till you start actually building it. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Last pieces of the puzzle were delivered, now they just get to take up room in my garage for a few months while everything is slowly built.

Previously looked like
    Learn about money

I wish I could disagree.  This little kitchen project is about 3x what I thought it would cost.  Outddoor kitchen stuff is like women's clothes.  The less there is, the more it costs.  I swear, they charge $1000 to cut the legs of a grill.  It is mind boggling.  I was in too deep before I realized the error of my ways.

I hope this serves as an object lesson for those who come after me.  Buy the Egghead Modular nest thingy and be happy, it may seem expensive, but it is actually very reasonable in the world of outdoor kitchen stuff.
    You're hoping your experience here discourages people from spending too much money?  On THIS forum?  Obviously, you're not a golfer.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    Options

Previously looked like
    Learn about money

You're hoping your experience here discourages people from spending too much money?  On THIS forum?  Obviously, you're not a golfer.  
    Ain’t that the truth!
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    Just seeing those boxes in your garage makes me want to go look at outdoor kitchen pieces!  And I live in an apartment!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I almost went down that rabbit hole almost 3 years ago. Glad I didn't because we ended up selling the house and I would have never seen a return.

If you plan to stay I bet it'll be really nice to use 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    RyanStl said:
    I almost went down that rabbit hole almost 3 years ago. Glad I didn't because we ended up selling the house and I would have never seen a return.

That is a fear of mine.  We seem to move every 3 years or so, been in this house for 2 years.  I guarantee I will not see a return when I sell.  This is built for me, when it comes to comps on houses an outdoor kitchen is just an outdoor kitchen.  They will actually probably be mad I do not have a gas grill.  They will not appreciate the Power Burner or the griddle.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • RyanStl
    Options
    RyanStl said:

That is a fear of mine.  We seem to move every 3 years or so, been in this house for 2 years.  I guarantee I will not see a return when I sell.  This is built for me, when it comes to comps on houses an outdoor kitchen is just an outdoor kitchen.  They will actually probably be mad I do not have a gas grill.  They will not appreciate the Power Burner or the griddle.
    I noticed the mattress in the back of the boxes.  Hope you aren't in the doghouse after getting that delivery.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,548
    Options
    Ozzie_Isaac said:
    Oz, why do you move so often?  Your employer?  
    While Active Duty AF I was moved every 4 years, but my COL was adjusted to the new area and moving was paid for; I actually looked forward to it.  Once I  became a snivilian I was more likely to change employers, than location, which I did twice.  Utard is home to me, now, even though the population explosions here is getting my itchy again (after 26, 27 years).  

"I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Botch said:
    Ozzie_Isaac said:
    Oz, why do you move so often?  Your employer?  
    While Active Duty AF I was moved every 4 years, but my COL was adjusted to the new area and moving was paid for; I actually looked forward to it.  Once I  became a snivilian I was more likely to change employers, than location, which I did twice.  Utard is home to me, now, even though the population explosions here is getting my itchy again (after 26, 27 years).  
    I have moved for employers twice, those were interstate moves.  We also move regularly within the town/city we live, we both like change.  I am hoping this one sticks.  The longest either of us have ever lived in one home, including childhood, is 6 years.

@RyanStl you have no idea how close to the mark you are.  The first few boxes kind of got lost during the Christmas season.  The current mountain kind of stands out.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options
    There are some sweet white Oakley’s for sale.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Legume said:
    Free box of black nitrile gloves with each pair.

Legume said:
    I heard a rumor they are going to make front-facing white Oakleys in 2022. Unconfirmed but I saw it on the internet. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,640
    Options
    Legume said:
    I heard a rumor they are going to make front-facing white Oakleys in 2022. Unconfirmed but I saw it on the internet. 
    I like the top o’head ones, they give me some protection either side of my widows peak.
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Thank you @nolaegghead. What a steal. Bought 2. I seem to be averaging a couple pair a year, either broke or lost. Thanks for sharing. Never heard of that site before. 
    Snellville, GA

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,048
    Options
    Legume said:

@TEXASBGE2018

Just a straight brimmed hat away. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,640
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Legume said:

@TEXASBGE2018

Just a straight brimmed hat away. 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • RyanStl
    Options
    I got my eyes on you
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,552
    Options
    That is playing to your strengths right there @MasterC.  Window of opportunity and executed.
    Happy New Year.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Great play, @MasterC. Clearly, you are as much a strategist as you are a great chef. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,548
    Options
    ^^^  :lol:  

"I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,105
    Options
    A bad ass side ways heater head!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• ColbyLang
    Options
    Accessories for my new electric walking golf cart my folks got me for my birthday. Remote control, darn thing is very nice www.BatCaddy.com
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,048
    edited January 2022
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Accessories for my new electric walking golf cart my folks got me for my birthday. Remote control, darn thing is very nice www.BatCaddy.com
    How much torque does it have?  ;)

I'm not a golfer but what a cool gift! 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @bubbajack: Nice heater. What’s the make and model?