Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,963
    Shot:

Chaser:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,464
    Some traits you just can't fix.  Physics for the win!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,673
    As much as I dislike the Cybertruck, I gotta give credit where credit is due. I’m very surprised at how level the truck is when loaded down with that many composite deck boards. Most other 1/2 ton trucks would be down on the frame with that much weight. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,752
    Agree with @DoubleEgger, the payload for the bed must be 20x what a standard 1/2 ton is
  • Shot:

Chaser:

The head scratch speaks volumes. 🙃
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446
    As much as I dislike the Cybertruck, I gotta give credit where credit is due. I’m very surprised at how level the truck is when loaded down with that many composite deck boards. Most other 1/2 ton trucks would be down on the frame with that much weight. 
    It has adaptive suspension. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,627
    Dobie said:
    only if he could have raised it a few inches, maybe he would not have had a premature.....
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• billt01 said:
    Dobie said:
    only if he could have raised it a few inches, maybe he would not have had a premature.....
    Ejection?
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,059
    He might had swung it if he kept the tailgate closed
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 180
    yeah, the cover is a tambour roll up, and angling the lumber would have also stopped the slide out (which is what it looks like happened - load slid out, tipped onto ground and the gate could not hold the near full weight of the load).
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • JohnInCarolina
    Indeed, but he does not appear to be the sharpest tool in the shed.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,114
    Indeed, but he does not appear to be the sharpest tool in the shed.  
    His shed is in the ground.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,752
    He’s got that stainless shining @kl8ton!
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,319
    @kl8ton - Was the driver of the SAG Wagon the same son that has the detailing biz?
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,592
    dbCooper said:
    @kl8ton - Was the driver of the SAG Wagon the same son that has the detailing biz?
    Yes. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,592
    ColbyLang said:
    Yep. It shows fingerprints like a daycare with stainless appliances. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • DoubleEgger
    kl8ton said:
    ColbyLang said:
    I’d say about a half of the ones I see have been wrapped. Now I know why. 
  • alaskanassasin
    kl8ton said:
    ColbyLang said:
    I wonder if that was elons plan all along, basically present a blank slate people can make their own.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    kl8ton said:
    ColbyLang said:
    I wonder if that was elons plan all along, basically present a blank slate people can make their own.
    Mos def

• alaskanassasin
    lol. I don’t know what it cost to wrap a truck but it would be fun to change it up every now and then
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DoubleEgger
    lol. I don’t know what it cost to wrap a truck but it would be fun to change it up every now and then
    Not that fun…

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,207
    Wrapping the Cybertruck has to be pretty damn simple. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    My car was about $6k for a full wrap.

Just PPF on front half (hood, fenders, bumper, mirrors, windshield) was $3500.

• Dobie

What’s maintenance like for it and does it need replaced at some point for wear? 
    Jacksonville FL
  • alaskanassasin
    More than I thought but it makes sense, especially if you’re having something custom printed 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Dobie said:

What’s maintenance like for it and does it need replaced at some point for wear? 
    PPF (paint protective film) is great.  No maintenance required. Replace between 5-10 years depending on condition.  Vinyl wraps are supposed to be replaced around 3 years or so.

For the $3500, I also had ceramic coat and full paint correction prior to install.

• Dobie
    Dobie said:

PPF (paint protective film) is great.  No maintenance required. Replace between 5-10 years depending on condition.  Vinyl wraps are supposed to be replaced around 3 years or so.

For the $3500, I also had ceramic coat and full paint correction prior to install.
    Was watching one of the car shows the other day they were applying PPF on a Lanbo or something and the film just made the color of the paint have a different sheen to it, not quite flat but something in between. Looked great and interesting watching them apply it to all the curves and angles. Doubt I will ever own anything that I would put it on but you never know. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited August 28
    Dobie said:
    Dobie said:

Was watching one of the car shows the other day they were applying PPF on a Lanbo or something and the film just made the color of the paint have a different sheen to it, not quite flat but something in between. Looked great and interesting watching them apply it to all the curves and angles. Doubt I will ever own anything that I would put it on but you never know. 
    They have some really neat products out. You can make the paint more glossy, neutral, or matte. I have a friend who applied the full matte finish on her grey AMG, and it completely transformed the look—I was impressed. Mine doesn't change the sheen because I only did it from the door forward, but it has saved me from many rock chips. Plus, being in the garage with kids be-bopping around, it protects the car from them accidentally rubbing against it.

I really like the windshield film I have on; it has saved me from many rock chips. I even had one hit so hard that it cut the film, but it didn't damage the window. Unfortunately, the dealership used a pressure washer on the windshield, which caused the film to lift in that area. I'm going in tomorrow to have a new film put on. The windshield film is quite consumable, and I plan to replace it every 1-2 years. It's $350 for the film, but I have a deductible on glass coverage, so if it saves two windshields, I'm ahead money ahead. Plus, I'd prefer not to break the factory seal on the windshield if I can avoid it.