Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,114
    One of things that I find particularly interesting about the CT, are the wheels and tires.  They had a custom mold made and use specific tires only used in the CT.  They have multiple grooves in them because there is a plastic wheel cover that mounts to the wheel and fits in the grooves on the tire.  Yet, Tesla couldn’t get there quality control together enough other design done in time to make sure the wheel cover mounts properly and works with the tire also.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,592
    lousubcap said:
    So with all the above, @kl8ton why was it in your driveway?  Edit: Detailer son or am I missing the mark?
    Yes my son gets it to detail it.... But also has access to use it for weekends on occasion.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    The owner of the cyber truck rents his vehicles out on Turo. He has a few Teslas and a few Porsches and some other cars. I think my son said he has 10 total.  
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    The windshield wiper is gigantic. 

Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    A friend just posted this to his Facebook:

• Found this endearing….

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Not really in the wild.  At the dealership.  This place is dangerous.  Wife is interested in the Urus.  I like the manual transmission GTS in last photo.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,464
    @Ozzie_Isaac - Great showroom but do you just print $$?  Didn't your wife just get a high end Porsche SUV?
    Good on ya for having the means!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited August 12
    lousubcap said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac - Great showroom but do you just print $$?  Didn't your wife just get a high end Porsche SUV?
    Good on ya for having the means!
    Lol, I wish I could print money like Ron!  She bought a 2024 Cayenne S (twin turbo V8).  It is a ton of fun.  She really likes the Urus though .... however at $249K we will pass.

I dropped her car off for an oil change and some recall work.  I usually stop to chat with our salesman and look at the cars.  I love their showroom and they usually have some fun stuff.  The 2022 911 GTS w/manual is the one I am most interested in, but will probably just keep it in my dreams for a while, working pro bono puts a damper on some things, LOL.

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,059
    Cayenne S 4.7 0-60 is not going to cut it @Ozzie_Isaac the Urus is going to have to happen. I am sure you can find a pink one.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Cayenne S 4.7 0-60 is not going to cut it @Ozzie_Isaac the Urus is going to have to happen. I am sure you can find a pink one.
    This matte black one is nice, but a pink wrap would really make it pop.  Yeah, the 4.7 seconds just isn't enough for my street light to street light races.  The awd in the corners though under full load is a joy!  The software lets the end just get happy enough to make it fun.  Trust it and use the throttle to adjust.  Loads of fun.  I have only managed 1.1 G's on the accelerometer in lateral though.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Not my photos, but funny!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Stopped back to pick up my car, did not take it home.  They managed to damage the PPF on a wheel arch and when they pressure washed the windshield (I have protective film on the windshield) some water got underneath a small cut in the film and it bubbled up.  So they are fixing the damaged PPF on the wheel arch, replacing the bumper PPF because the company I had install that got a stretch mark.  I haven't had that company fix it because their installers did not instill confidence.  Having the dealer do it instead.  Frustrating, but we made a deal I am happy with and I get to put miles on their loaner for a few days instead of my car.

I did get to meet the owner of the below 488 which he traded in on a 911 Turbo, even though he already has a 911 Carerra S.  Really cool guy, said the fit and finish on the Ferrari just wasn't near as good as the Porsche, and the Ferrari wasn't any faster than his Carrera S.  The 488 looks sexier, but is slower, less comfortable, and not a drivers car like the 911 Turbo!

I also saw another absolutely beautifulRuby Star Neo GT4RS with the even prettier blue wheels.  Add in the yellow decals, and carbon fiber everywhere and you have a gorgeous car that will stand out in a crowd.

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,059
    @Ozzie_Isaac Can you turn off the awd on your Cayenne? 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    @Ozzie_Isaac Can you turn off the awd on your Cayenne? P
    There is no factory authorized way I am aware of.

• Ozzie_Isaac

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,963

We have one or two around here.  They sure stick out like sore thumbs.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac

We have a bunch.  People are wrapping them in black too.

• JohnInCarolina

We have a bunch.  People are wrapping them in black too.

It’s funny but somehow Arizona seems to me like the kind of state where maybe these things wouldn’t look so out of place.  
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,994
    Aridzona is for baja buggies!  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• JohnInCarolina
    Botch said:
    Aridzona is for baja buggies!  

Ha!  There is a Mad Max kind of vibe, isn’t there?  
  • dbCooper said:
    WTH, had to scan back to page five to find the thread.  Priorities may be misplaced on the forum? 🙂
    Met up with friends tonight at a hole-in-wall steakhouse.  This was out front when we left.  Always liked the 77-79 Impalas with wraparound back window.  Needs a set of Cragars or Centerline wheels swapped in . . .

Pardon the ignorance, but is this an instance of “donk”, or does the late year render it out of scope?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited August 25
    dbCooper said:
    WTH, had to scan back to page five to find the thread.  Priorities may be misplaced on the forum? 🙂
    Met up with friends tonight at a hole-in-wall steakhouse.  This was out front when we left.  Always liked the 77-79 Impalas with wraparound back window.  Needs a set of Cragars or Centerline wheels swapped in . . .

Pardon the ignorance, but is this an instance of “donk”, or does the late year render it out of scope?
    Definitely a Donk.  Any pre-80s boat with massive wheels and a lift to fit said wheels.  Honestly seen some Donks out of 2000s Impalas that get respect.

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,319
    Yep, pure Donk.  That is why I noted the need for different wheels.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Corv
    Corv Posts: 414
    edited August 26
    Neighbors. I think they are probably renters, there are a lot of rentals around here.

Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • Corv said:
    Neighbors. I think they are probably renters, there are a lot of rentals around here.

No parking on the grass!