Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

1149150151152153155»

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,114
     Cars are much larger for a myriad of complex reasons, two of the major factors are safety features (airbags, side airbags, crumple zones, etc) that require larger and larger vehicles to accommodate.  Modern 911 suffer this bloat mostly due to these federally mandated safety regulations.

The second major reason is fuel mileage standards.  Regularly are severe on cars, and much more lenient on “light trucks” and SUVs, so in effect the government has subsidized these behemoths because they do not need to abide by the car standards.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,994
    edited September 13
     Cars are much larger for a myriad of complex reasons, two of the major factors are safety features (airbags, side airbags, crumple zones, etc) that require larger and larger vehicles to accommodate.  Modern 911 suffer this bloat mostly due to these federally mandated safety regulations.

The second major reason is fuel mileage standards.  Regularly are severe on cars, and much more lenient on “light trucks” and SUVs, so in effect the government has subsidized these behemoths because they do not need to abide by the car standards.
    @Ozzie, I can't agree with your first point at all.  NO car can be sold in the US that doesn't meet those crumple/airbag requirements, yet we see many Austin Minis, hot hatches, SmartForOnes, iBMWs etc on the roads (and I bet every single one of them can brake to a stop quicker than an eHummer or whatever it's called...)  

Your second point is dead-on.  Was it Ford that no longer offers any sedan, other than their bastardized Mustang?  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Botch said:

@Ozzie, I can't agree with your first point at all.  NO car can be sold in the US that doesn't meet those crumple/airbag requirements, yet we see many Austin Minis, hot hatches, SmartForOnes, iBMWs etc on the roads (and I bet every single one of them can brake to a stop quicker than an eHummer or whatever it's called...)  

Your second point is dead-on.  Was it Ford that no longer offers any sedan, other than their bastardized Mustang?  
    That is an interesting point about the minis and stuff. Here is where my info came from:

https://www.motor1.com/news/728321/porsche-admits-911-too-fat/amp/

I think the Hummer is a disaster waiting to happen.  9000lbs and 0-60 like a supercar?

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,673
    WeberWho said:
    I haven't seen these new electric Hummers until a week or so ago. I've seen 4-5 now in the last week. I can't believe how big it was. I don't know if he lifted his or the others maybe didn't have their lift up. I'm guessing they might be on airbags?

More like d-bags… 
  • I guess I don’t understand why people hate on each other based on what they drive. Dudes got a lifted electric hummer, he’s saving the environment and having fun with it.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Full disclosure we drive BMW lol
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DoubleEgger
    Street tires + lift kit = D bag 
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,589
    Botch said:

That is an interesting point about the minis and stuff. Here is where my info came from:

https://www.motor1.com/news/728321/porsche-admits-911-too-fat/amp/

I think the Hummer is a disaster waiting to happen.  9000lbs and 0-60 like a supercar?
    And what is the 60 - 0 ... I'm going to guess nothing like a supercar ... it will go through a few cars before it comes to a dead stop.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,627

safety yellow always looked like a tart lime to me..
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• billt01
    Kind of a unique yellow on this Ferrari.  I don’t know the model.

"Yes, I'd like to have it look like Méringue..."

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 180
    edited September 13
    billt01 said:
    Kind of a unique yellow on this Ferrari.  I don’t know the model.

"Yes, I'd like to have it look like Méringue..."

put that with the tart lime Lambo and you have the beginning of a pretty good pie there...
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • I guess I don’t understand why people hate on each other based on what they drive.
    Are you new to America?  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    I guess I don’t understand why people hate on each other based on what they drive.
    Are you new to America?  
    Or the internet?

• I guess I don’t understand why people hate on each other based on what they drive.
    Are you new to America?  
    Or the internet?
    I’ve heard it’s really just a series of tubes…
  • zaphod
    I guess I don’t understand why people hate on each other based on what they drive.
    Are you new to America?  
    Or the internet?
    that was a good book. Heard him talk at a conference. fascinating.

Tubes A Journey to the Center of the Internet by Andrew Blum  Goodreads

~~
  • billt01
    Are you new to America?  
    Or the internet?
    Remember….

Without Al Gore, there’s be no google…
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Where did this go?

• Where did this go?
    Uranus?
  • zaphod
    Space, the final frontier
    ~~
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,464
    Some sweet rides right there. The split back '63 'Vette is the winner in my book.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,589
    GlennM said:
    Local car show yesterday.  Not a lot of cars but the quality was high!

Haha, this guy gets around!  Venom!
    I saw him in Toronto in July.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • DoubleEgger
    The good ol’ 260z

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,994
    ^^^ I stared at that canted rear wheel for way too long, before figuring it out... :blush:

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• zaphod
    it's combination sideways parking and emissions control.
    ~~
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,464

LEGO built a full-scale, drivable McLaren P1 model

It can't hit 217 mph, but it did complete a lap at the Silverstone Circuit.
    https://www.popsci.com/technology/full-scale-lego-mclaren-p1/
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.