Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Greetings Friends. Real Talk

Options
ColtsFan
ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
edited September 2020 in EggHead Forum
Hi all. Since many of you are considered friends by me and we are all one big dysfunctional family, I would like to share some real talk with you.
Listen. To. Your. Body.
I've been having some issues keeping my breath while doing certain activities for several months which finally led me to a Dr visit on Friday. Blood pressure meds prescribed along with a blood panel and stress test in near future. That was Friday afternoon. Friday evening the Dr calls me and tells me to get to the ER. My blood panel revealed that my hemoglobin was severely low at 5.3. He wasn't even sure how I was functioning.
So swmbo and I headed to the ER where they gave me two units of blood and admitted me after my levels only climbed marginally. I've been admitted since but finally have some answers after a couple days of testing. They found a ”what is believed to be ” malignant tumor on my colon today. It appears to be confined to the colon and not spread to the lymph nodes but that's not 100% certain at this point. 
40 years old. No family history of colon cancer. Generally healthy across the board on all the labs and test.
So the point of this? Listen to your body. If something doesn't seem right, go get checked out. As for me? No worries here. I'm going to kick colon cancers asz.

Deuce's brothers and sisters. Love ya all. Even you aszholes 😄
~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

Comments