Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

July 23. A throw back to greatness.

SGHSGH Posts: 26,991
For all you power shavers out there, on July 23 there will be a limited release of Gillette long comb clone razors released. It will be an initial run of only 100. I am trying to secure 5 of them now. 
From what I have been told by some dedicated power shavers that is in the know, these should be identical clones of the coveted original 1930’s Gillette long combs. If that holds true, the mighty Muhle R41 now has some pretty stiff competition. If I am able to get 5 of them I will be willing to part with 3 of them to any of my power shaving friends on here. 

It is my sincere hope that these are exact copies of the original. If they are it will be heaven on earth.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Just a man with a Muhle. 

To see Trump's many attributes you wont need a second glance
You know if you resist his intelligence you wont stand a chance
His mind is like a razor simply sharp as it can be
He is at least a million times smarter than either you or me

Nothing Beats a Fine Shave

Comments

• lentsboy007lentsboy007 Posts: 351
    How much will they be ? I’ve always used a cheap Merkur

Southern Indiana 1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

• SGHSGH Posts: 26,991
    How much will they be ? I’ve always used a cheap Merkur
    That I do not know yet. But unless they are just absolutely ridiculously priced I am going to get at least one of them. As soon as I know the price I will definitely post it 👍

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Just a man with a Muhle. 

• Eggin_in_PAEggin_in_PA Posts: 56
    Would this be more aggressive than the R41? Your shaving threads resulted in a Merkur Mk34c on the counter lol..  Now that I am acclimated, how much of a difference would an open comb be?  I use the Feather blades.

York County, PA
    Large BGE 2014 - CGS adj rig, spider, and stones..
    Mini Max 2018

Would this be more aggressive than the R41? Your shaving threads resulted in a Merkur Mk34c on the counter lol..  Now that I am acclimated, how much of a difference would an open comb be?  I use the Feather blades.

This is just a guess right now. I think it will be less aggressive than the R41. Why? A few years back they toned down the original R41 because it was simply to aggressive for most. Only a chosen few could endure the original R41. Thank God I was one of them. As soon as I lay my hands on one I will give an honest comparison to the R41. But my gut says it will be slightly less aggressive. 

Status- Standing by.

Just a man with a Muhle. 

• Eggin_in_PAEggin_in_PA Posts: 56
    I'll be looking foward to it...
    York County, PA
    Large BGE 2014 - CGS adj rig, spider, and stones..
    Mini Max 2018
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 21,729
    @SGH - Not gonna address the shave deal here but should you find yourself wanting to extoll the virtues of shaving and the gourmet anus delight then give the community forum watering hole session a look Friday night.  You will be entertained at a minimum.  FWIW-
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here; L&S BGE's, PBC, Lang 36; burnin wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 7,933

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 5,439

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 17,445
    Foghorn said:

Unfortunately I know exactly what that is, because I’ve had to ask for one from a hotel.  Using one will make you never again forget your own razor before heading out on work travel.
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Living large in the 919
    Fellows I am very disappointed in some of you. Especially those of you with unlimited money. Your choice of razors leaves a lot to be desired. 

Status- Standing by.

Just a man with a Muhle. 

• TEXASBGE2018TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 2,763
    You dudes shave?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 33,386
    There is a massive proverbial Covid-19 jungle in the Southern hemisphere that needs attention.   Thanks, Scottie.

• EoinEoin Posts: 3,196
    Foghorn said:

Unfortunately I know exactly what that is, because I’ve had to ask for one from a hotel.  Using one will make you never again forget your own razor before heading out on work travel.

The problem is that any sort of razor (even a bic) is banned from hand luggage as a 'dangerous' item here. Short business trip = hand luggage only for me.
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 10,704

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 7,933
    Eoin said:
    Foghorn said:

The problem is that any sort of razor (even a bic) is banned from hand luggage as a 'dangerous' item here. Short business trip = hand luggage only for me.
    Interesting @Eoin.  We're allowed to carry a standard razor in our carryon luggage.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 10,270
    Where are they going to be sold?
    I find zero info searching net.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    Barber Pole

Status- Standing by.

Just a man with a Muhle. 

• EoinEoin Posts: 3,196
    thetrim said:

You're looking hot @thetrim, no wonder she's all over you.
  • speed51133speed51133 Posts: 680
    edited July 17
    I have a merkur safety razor. I was going to get into straight edge, but the stripping and maintenance of the blade turned me off. Now that I'm working from home forever, I need some new hobbies....
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • speed51133speed51133 Posts: 680
    edited July 17
    Also, disposable razors never presented a problem with TSA. My merkur did. I had to toss out all the blades. 
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • SonVoltSonVolt Posts: 2,353

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • ColbyLangColbyLang Posts: 668
    Muhle user here. won’t go back to a multi blade ever again. 
  • EggarooEggaroo Posts: 417
    @SGH, are you aware of the launching of a Gillette Fat Boy replica by Global Shave Clubs International in mid-August? They also have replicas of other classic razors on their website, including your most revered R41.
    Greenwood, IN | XL BGE | Weber Genesis | Blackstone 28 | bunch of accessories  =)
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 2,455
    In. I'm down to buy one if I can afford. I use a Merkur HD. I'd like to step it up 

Boom
    Most of you live in tri-level mansions on private islands and fly around in your personal jets and helicopters. And yet look at what you shave with. It is simply unfathomable to me.

Status- Standing by.

Just a man with a Muhle. 

• EggarooEggaroo Posts: 417

Greenwood, IN | XL BGE | Weber Genesis | Blackstone 28 | bunch of accessories  =)
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 10,704

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
    Try this 14 stroke challenge and you will forget about those cheap razors.

How to Shave with a Straight Razor

Status- Standing by.

Just a man with a Muhle.