Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

July 23. A throw back to greatness.

Options
2»

Comments

• H12mike
    H12mike Posts: 134
    Options
    Wha is your preferred blade for the razor?

X-Large BGE, DigiQ, ThermaQ (Blue), CyberQ, Joetissirie, UltraQ, (ex.FlameBoss 200)

Highland Village, TX

• speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    Options
    I disagree with that pattern. 14 is crazyness. You also need a stroke going down between 3 and 6. I would also just extend 12 and eliminate 13. 

Lastly, the 1+2 combo (and similarly the 7+8) would only work if you have an infant size face or a straight edge. A safety razor will never get all that area.

That is all
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    MANSCAPED Lawn Mower 30 Trimmer Reviews  MANSCAPEDCOM  Manscaped
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Man... I saw the subject and thought @SGH was going to toss us another worlds best old school appetizer treat. :prayer:
    :smile:
    LBGE/Maryland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,122
    Options
    When I need to shave, I get my egg good and hot, close the dampers a bit, then whip the lid open with my face near it.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    When I need to shave, I get my egg good and hot, close the dampers a bit, then whip the lid open with my face near it.
    Given where you live you couldn't just go outside and stare at the midday July sun for a few seconds with same effect?
    What's the temp there today - 180°F?  :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,122
    edited July 2020
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Given where you live you couldn't just go outside and stare at the midday July sun for a few seconds with same effect?
    What's the temp there today - 180°F?  :)
    That is a good point!  We are pretty cool here today.  It was almost chilly at 4am.  Only 86 degrees.  Will probably be 150 to 160 at 3pm though 😉
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @SGH,

Were you able to purchase this item?

I could not find any information about it.

Also, is this chrome plated or stainless steel?
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    nolan8v said:
    @SGH,

Were you able to purchase this item?

I could not find any information about it.

Also, is this chrome plated or stainless steel?
    https://fineaccoutrements.com/worlds-finest-safety-razor/

Yeah mine has shipped. Sadly they are not American made clones. However i will elaborate on the quality once i have them in hand.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    @SGH what would be the best way to try this type of shaving?  Looking for a recommendation for a new set up...razor, blades, brush, etc. Thank you. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • Eggin_in_PA
    Options
    I have the Merkur 34c with Feather blades and a Vikings Badger brush.  Been using for 2 years now.  Once you find the right angle, it's smooth shaving.  I have been thinking of getting something more aggressive like @SGH's highly regarded Muehle R41.  
    York County, PA
    Large BGE 2014 - CGS adj rig, spider, and stones..
    Mini Max 2018
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,434
    Options
    MJG said:
    @SGH what would be the best way to try this type of shaving?  Looking for a recommendation for a new set up...razor, blades, brush, etc. Thank you. 
    That’s a rabbit hole like a BGE. You can get into this on almost any budget. Razors aren’t all that pricy, blades are incredibly cheap. Brushes can get very expensive or can be less than $30. 

Start browsing sites. West coast shaving, executive shave club, Art of shaving. There’s a bunch. 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    @SGH
    you must have gotten your razors by now.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Still waiting on review
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas