Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

remote BAM Blast?

Options

Comments

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    caliking said:
    johnnyp said:
    Bump
    Thanks Johnny.  I’ll be setting something up to enable this soon.   Watch this space.
    I've got my cook planned and ready to go. Quit slackin'.
    Too bad I’ll have stay up past midnight to see it  ;)
    We may end up recording it, so folks can see the replay.  

Totally unrelated to this - does anyone know how to edit out someone flashing everyone from a Zoom recording?  @nolaegghead perhaps?
    hit reply all?
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    Do I need to wear a face mask?
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    And can I ask some others to wear face masks?
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,021
    Options
    OK, I'm rolling now.

I'm setting up a couple of Zoom meetings.  My apologies to those of you who don't like Zoom, it's just by far the easiest thing for this.  

The first session will start tomorrow night (Friday) from 9am EST until 3am.  Pop in or pop out, whatever you want.  

For a variety of reasons I am not going to post the link publicly.  Just DM me if you want it.  The meeting will have a password as well, one that would surely make Brent smile.  So we should be protected against any kind of miscreants jumping in and causing any kind of trouble.  

The second session will run on Saturday from 10am to 3pm.  The normal time BAM Blast would be.  Again, feel free to pop in or pop out.  

The last one will be set up for Saturday night from 7pm to 3am.  Basically our after party.  

Any questions?  DM me for the links.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,779
    Options
    Legume said:
    Do I need to wear a face mask?
    I'm playing it safe
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    For people signing up for new Zoom accounts, don't use passwords you use for other online accounts as large numbers of Zoom logins are being sold on the webs.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    NCSmoky said:
    For people signing up for new Zoom accounts, don't use passwords you use for other online accounts as large numbers of Zoom logins are being sold on the webs.
    Thanks for the advice, but in fact...  nobody should need to sign up for a Zoom account to join this meeting.  They'll just need the link and the password that I provide.    
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, but in fact...  nobody should need to sign up for a Zoom account to join this meeting.  They'll just need the link and the password that I provide.    
    Good to know, thanks
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I'm soooooo ready to go for this weekend. 

I have a nice size (15ish lb) packer that's been wet aging for a few weeks.  Also just pulled about 6 teres major / petite tenders from the freezer.  I delivered a couple shirts to a great couple in Tampa that I met thru @BUFFALOMOOSE, and they've been to a couple brisket camps and have some neighbors @WhiteyQ on standby to cook something or help eat something from 6+ feet.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    @NCSmoky are you sending out any desserts?
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,851
    Options
    @YukonRon is FedExing the bourbon slushies - right?  My 5 gallons will arrive by 10 AM tomorrow - correct?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    @YukonRon is FedExing the bourbon slushies - right?  My 5 gallons will arrive by 10 AM tomorrow - correct?
    Man this post just hit me in the gut.  I may have to mix up my own batch, knowing full well it won't be anywhere near as good...
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Also - check your inbox.  
  • thetrim
    Options
    Friday night won't be the same without @JohnInCarolina rockin' his roccbox, not having @nolaegghead make a huge bag of mudbugs, and Damien and Brent killing the guitars.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Man this post just hit me in the gut.  I may have to mix up my own batch, knowing full well it won't be anywhere near as good...
    As long as @caliking makes some and guzzles it from a large container while on camera I'll feel like I finally made it to a Butt Blast.

It's supposed to rain here on Saturday so I may need to pop up (down?) a canopy upside down.

And since I don't have any Allagash Curieaux, if someone - or a bunch of someones could drink one for me on camera I'd really appreciate it.  Then I can know that it happened at Butt Blast and Brisket Camp.  Given that Brent seemed to get more pleasure than anyone sitting with my son at Brisket Camp drinking my beer, it would be fitting.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    caliking said:
    johnnyp said:
    Bump
    Thanks Johnny.  I’ll be setting something up to enable this soon.   Watch this space.

Totally unrelated to this - does anyone know how to edit out someone flashing everyone from a Zoom recording?  @nolaegghead perhaps?
    You’ve got it all wrong. Pretty sure @nolaegghead would be your man if you were looking to insert random nudity.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    caliking said:
    johnnyp said:
    Bump

You’ve got it all wrong. Pretty sure @nolaegghead would be your man if you were looking to insert random nudity.
    That’s the joke.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    caliking said:
    johnnyp said:
    Bump

That’s the joke.
    Perhaps a reiteration of your 4/1 primer.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • thetrim
    Options
    More prep

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,336
    edited April 2020
    Options
    caliking said:
    johnnyp said:
    Bump

That’s the joke.
    Thought that you were insinuating that he’d be the one most likely to have experienced accidental nudity during a call and would therefore have had experience in covering his tracks. 🙂
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Sure looks like John is keeping good company during the quarantine. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    My wife does have a tendency to Zoom-bomb my meetings.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    And just like that I have a dozen new DMs for the password to the meeting tonight...
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    My wife does have a tendency to Zoom-bomb my meetings.
    Is she related to André the Giant perchance?
  • Foghorn
    Options
    She's welcome any time.

I just got on and was disappointed to be the only one there.  But at least I know the link works.

San Antonio, TX

• thetrim
    Options
    Just sent you another one.  
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    edited April 2020
    Options
    And the XL is loaded and just waiting for liftoff

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    She's welcome any time.

I just got on and was disappointed to be the only one there.  But at least I know the link works.
    You mean I sent you the link that works?!?  Sh!t!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    She's welcome any time.

You mean I sent you the link that works?!?  Sh!t!
    “Your link is in the mail...”

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.