Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Please Stay Home

Options

Comments

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    As regards Georgia Governor Kemp trying to override county/local orders for lockdown.....

So, everyone can move around freely and small businesses can open.  It would seem therefore, small businesses can no longer get Federal government assistance (because, in theory, they are now open for business).

So, the small business is open for business. But there are no customers. They (the customers) are going to try to stay home as much as possible. The small business is not making enough money to cover the overhead.

The landlord calls, hey, need some money..... sorry got none.

Just because the Governor says one can screw up and get infected, does not mean the citizens will follow the red herring.  Time will tell on this, I tend to think most people get it.

I don't have kids so I may mis-guess the age but this is like a 3 year old running to "daddy" to show him the turd he made.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,982
    Options

the first person i know that received the check is a bosnian married to a us citizen
    He probably has a SSN. 

green card
    So did you have a point here, fish?  

what i dont see is how the family in the article is filing taxes if the husband is married to a us citizen and doesnt have a green card or ssn or why a taxpayer is not getting the check. the article has me confused which you know is easy to do =)
    Apparently the law has a provision in it that excludes people who file jointly with a spouse if the spouse does not have a SSN.  Why the US government chose to include such a clause in the bill is beyond me, but Hanlon's razor probably applies.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Why do I get the feeling on every press conference Trump holds regarding the pandemic, it is live improv at open mike night at a comedy club?
    We just have to heft the hook come Nov. He is the very antithesis to every character trait and moral value I was ever taught about being a man and a leader

To the disagree, Let's start with honesty.

Waiting.....
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,194
    Options
    Have you seen the 2020 commemorative quarters? They are real. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    #notallbats
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

The President might as well have been pushing exogeneous ketones as a cure for people to try.  What have you got to lose?
  • dmchicago
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Why do I get the feeling on every press conference Trump holds regarding the pandemic, it is live improv at open mike night at a comedy club?
    We just have to heft the hook come Nov. He is the very antithesis to every character trait and moral value I was ever taught about being a man and a leader

To the disagree, Let's start with honesty.

Waiting.....
    TBH, not everyone was raised with those traits. It's deplorable but true.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,411
    Options
    Not that I was gonna attend (last there in 1977) but this is getting serious now  B).
    Germany has canceled Oktoberfest. The German beer festival, scheduled to open Sept. 19 and run through Oct. 4, expected nearly 6 million guests. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Options

Options
    lousubcap said:
    Not that I was gonna attend (last there in 1977) but this is getting serious now  B).
    Germany has canceled Oktoberfest. The German beer festival, scheduled to open Sept. 19 and run through Oct. 4, expected nearly 6 million guests. 

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,849
    Options
    "up here in massachusetts we rank number 3 and yet the cape wants to reopen for tourists from boston, its insane."

@fishlessman, that is interesting.  We videochatted with my wife's brother and his wife on Sunday.  They live in Hingham.  They were on the cape last week staying in the house that we all inherited.  They said that any local that found out they didn't live there all year harassed them and said that all the people who have a 2nd home on the cape need to stay away.  Many of them favor blocking the bridge.  

With that said, I can see how some business owners and others who make their living off summer tourism would want to have things opened up by Memorial Day at least.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options

I only feel a little guilty that I laughed out loud at this.  I only pray he did not infect others.
  • dmchicago
    Options

Obviously not covered in Jesus' blood.

Or was he...???

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

I only feel a little guilty that I laughed out loud at this.  I only pray he did not infect others.
    His whole family has it.
    Options
    dmchicago said:

Or was he...???
    Maybe he didn’t believe in Jesus 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    "up here in massachusetts we rank number 3 and yet the cape wants to reopen for tourists from boston, its insane."

@fishlessman, that is interesting.  We videochatted with my wife's brother and his wife on Sunday.  They live in Hingham.  They were on the cape last week staying in the house that we all inherited.  They said that any local that found out they didn't live there all year harassed them and said that all the people who have a 2nd home on the cape need to stay away.  Many of them favor blocking the bridge.  

With that said, I can see how some business owners and others who make their living off summer tourism would want to have things opened up by Memorial Day at least.

there was some michigan style protesting going on last weekend on the cape televised on one of the local channels. if i lived down there i would want those two bridges blocked year round =) i dont get out of the truck up at camp in maine except at the house, things wont go well with mass plates in a maine coffee house. really happy i changed the boat registration to maine this year as well, launching this weekend
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    dmchicago said:

Or was he...???
    Did you eat a lot of paint chips as a child? 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,849
    Options
    Foghorn said:

there was some michigan style protesting going on last weekend on the cape televised on one of the local channels. if i lived down there i would want those two bridges blocked year round =) i dont get out of the truck up at camp in maine except at the house, things wont go well with mass plates in a maine coffee house. really happy i changed the boat registration to maine this year as well, launching this weekend
    Yeah.  They're happy they have Massachusetts plates.  Those with New York plates in particular are having to endure more verbal abuse than usual...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• dmchicago
    edited April 2020
    Options
    dmchicago said:

Or was he...???
    Did you eat a lot of paint chips as a child? 
    Yes. Why? Is that the same as Jesus' blood?

I wonder how many paint chips this genius ate?

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/im-covered-in-jesus-blood-defiant-churchgoer-tells-cnn-she-cant-get-sick-because-shes-christian/

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,194
    Options

I feel bad for the others that this turd infected. 

As for this guy specifically.... :rofl:
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    The support bill passed. It now has the money for hospitals, testing and for state and local govt, which the Democrats fought for, and the Republicans did not wish to add or support.

Blame whoever, but much needed funding to fight this battle at the local level has been provided for.

Thank you congress. Glad we have a path forward.

Oh yeah, the Trump associate that owns a coal company?  He got $10 million from the first round of relief.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Welp,

Had to get the nasal swab today at work. We are staring a refueling outage Thursday evening and the plant has identified 500 people “critical” to the success of the outage. This includes certain employees and certain contractors brought onsite to get the work done.

When the plant manager put out that the testing was not optional, several contractors resisted stating that the plant can’t mandate health testing. The PMs response was basically “You’re right, but we can refuse to allow you to enter the plant if you refuse testing.” They immediately changed their tune.

Also, the CT Governor has mandated that if you work for a company that falls under CISA jurisdiction, you will wear a mask at work at all times. That had to get modified somewhat when working with in a radiologically controlled area, wearing a PAPH, etc. 

Crazy times. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    The support bill passed. It now has the money for hospitals, testing and for state and local govt, which the Democrats fought for, and the Republicans did not wish to add or support.

Blame whoever, but much needed funding to fight this battle at the local level has been provided for.

Thank you congress. Glad we have a path forward.

Oh yeah, the Trump associate that owns a coal company?  He got $10 million from the first round of relief.
    Well hell, with oil at $11 a bbl for June we are gonna want to make sure we have plenty of beautiful clean coal to burn too...
  • JonWesson
    JonWesson Posts: 161
    Options
    rn's protest in washington dc today.    bad work conditions.   huge turnouts.

large small and mini all in legal proceedings but i can use them for now no more, all gone                                                                                                                        usa somewhere on the road
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    JonWesson said:
    rn's protest in washington dc today.    bad work conditions.   huge turnouts.

Is this for real?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • JonWesson
    JonWesson Posts: 161
    Options
    no, they are smart enough to use ppe and distance.     it shows just small faction of those wanted to travel and be there.      the bad conditions are very much reality.
    large small and mini all in legal proceedings but i can use them for now no more, all gone                                                                                                                        usa somewhere on the road